[Reminder] Firebrand is broken

Arheundel.6451

> @Kuya.6495 said:

> > @Chaith.8256 said:

> > Firebrand not OK. It makes tempest support look completely sub-par. Shave Firebrand until it's on the same level as Tempest, then this magical thing called diversity will appear. Firebrand does everything Tempest can (besides Auras) and then some, with Aegis, Resistance, increased condition clear, increased healing taken from all sources buff (their personal healing etc.) and by far the biggest contributor to team success, stability for all in high volume. Firebrand personal survivability is not worse than tempest... I'd argue it's slightly better and doesn't rely on Invuln to decap itself.

> >

> > If you've played any high tier ranked or AT's, monthly's, the perspective I'm coming from is pretty reinforced.

>

> what should be nerfed that puts fb on the same level as tempest but that maintains its own separate support niche?

>

> I think fb's strength is condi cleanse but i don't think tempest has anything that makes it anti phys burst dps aside from having more projectile hate than fb.

ArenaNet will figure something out.. I'd say it's likely they see Tempest as a high healing/cleansing niche, and Firebrand as a boon focused build with its Aegis, Resistance, Stability. With that being said I'd predict shaves to raw healing & cleansing ability.

To be honest, with Scourge's corruption and Thieves stealing boons as much as they do right now, the fact that Firebrand is dominantly the top pick just goes to show it's on another level with its healing and cleansing too.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Chaith.8256 said:

> > @Kuya.6495 said:

> > > @Chaith.8256 said:

> > > Firebrand not OK. It makes tempest support look completely sub-par. Shave Firebrand until it's on the same level as Tempest, then this magical thing called diversity will appear. Firebrand does everything Tempest can (besides Auras) and then some, with Aegis, Resistance, increased condition clear, increased healing taken from all sources buff (their personal healing etc.) and by far the biggest contributor to team success, stability for all in high volume. Firebrand personal survivability is not worse than tempest... I'd argue it's slightly better and doesn't rely on Invuln to decap itself.

> > >

> > > If you've played any high tier ranked or AT's, monthly's, the perspective I'm coming from is pretty reinforced.

> >

> > what should be nerfed that puts fb on the same level as tempest but that maintains its own separate support niche?

> >

> > I think fb's strength is condi cleanse but i don't think tempest has anything that makes it anti phys burst dps aside from having more projectile hate than fb.

>

> ArenaNet will figure something out.. I'd say it's likely they see Tempest as a high healing/cleansing niche, and Firebrand as a boon focused build with its Aegis, Resistance, Stability. With that being said I'd predict shaves to raw healing & cleansing ability.

>

> To be honest, with Scourge's corruption and Thieves stealing boons as much as they do right now, the fact that Firebrand is dominantly the top pick just goes to show it's on another level with its healing and cleansing too.

Well, i hope that out of everything, they don't touch its cleasing ability. That's the part i like the most about the build.

> @Kuya.6495 said:

> > @Chaith.8256 said:

> > > @Kuya.6495 said:

> > > > @Chaith.8256 said:

> > > > Firebrand not OK. It makes tempest support look completely sub-par. Shave Firebrand until it's on the same level as Tempest, then this magical thing called diversity will appear. Firebrand does everything Tempest can (besides Auras) and then some, with Aegis, Resistance, increased condition clear, increased healing taken from all sources buff (their personal healing etc.) and by far the biggest contributor to team success, stability for all in high volume. Firebrand personal survivability is not worse than tempest... I'd argue it's slightly better and doesn't rely on Invuln to decap itself.

> > > >

> > > > If you've played any high tier ranked or AT's, monthly's, the perspective I'm coming from is pretty reinforced.

> > >

> > > what should be nerfed that puts fb on the same level as tempest but that maintains its own separate support niche?

> > >

> > > I think fb's strength is condi cleanse but i don't think tempest has anything that makes it anti phys burst dps aside from having more projectile hate than fb.

> >

> > ArenaNet will figure something out.. I'd say it's likely they see Tempest as a high healing/cleansing niche, and Firebrand as a boon focused build with its Aegis, Resistance, Stability. With that being said I'd predict shaves to raw healing & cleansing ability.

> >

> > To be honest, with Scourge's corruption and Thieves stealing boons as much as they do right now, the fact that Firebrand is dominantly the top pick just goes to show it's on another level with its healing and cleansing too.

>

> Well, i hope that out of everything, they don't touch its cleasing ability. That's the part i like the most about the build.

I would like the cleanse toned down with a tone down of condi application. When there is a build with this much cleansing available to it, then condi builds either become completely irrelevant in team fights, or condi builds put out such an insane amount of pressure that any team that doesn't have a firebrand doesn't stand a chance against them. Neither situation is healthy.

> @reukies.6418 said:

> > @kKagari.6804 said:

> > They really aren't. Thief and Mesmers can hard counter the bunker builds pretty easily.

>

> Anything with range could easily counter scourge. That didn't make it balanced. You're basically saying, if there are no thieves or mesmers in you team and they have FB, gg.

I said easily, that doesn't mean other classes can't do it too. In fact, it kinda seems the only classes getting the real brunt of the FB hardcounter is scourge. funny that.

> @Chaith.8256 said:

> > @Kuya.6495 said:

> > > @Chaith.8256 said:

> > > Firebrand not OK. It makes tempest support look completely sub-par. Shave Firebrand until it's on the same level as Tempest, then this magical thing called diversity will appear. Firebrand does everything Tempest can (besides Auras) and then some, with Aegis, Resistance, increased condition clear, increased healing taken from all sources buff (their personal healing etc.) and by far the biggest contributor to team success, stability for all in high volume. Firebrand personal survivability is not worse than tempest... I'd argue it's slightly better and doesn't rely on Invuln to decap itself.

> > >

> > > If you've played any high tier ranked or AT's, monthly's, the perspective I'm coming from is pretty reinforced.

> >

> > what should be nerfed that puts fb on the same level as tempest but that maintains its own separate support niche?

> >

> > I think fb's strength is condi cleanse but i don't think tempest has anything that makes it anti phys burst dps aside from having more projectile hate than fb.

>

> ArenaNet will figure something out.. I'd say it's likely they see Tempest as a high healing/cleansing niche, and Firebrand as a boon focused build with its Aegis, Resistance, Stability. With that being said I'd predict shaves to raw healing & cleansing ability.

>

> To be honest, with Scourge's corruption and Thieves stealing boons as much as they do right now, the fact that Firebrand is dominantly the top pick just goes to show it's on another level with its healing and cleansing too.

I think if they made the tome skills not PBAoE but smaller ground targeting skills with a 600 range it'd balance out FB instantly.

> @kKagari.6804 said:

> > @Chaith.8256 said:

> > > @Kuya.6495 said:

> > > > Firebrand not OK. It makes tempest support look completely sub-par. Shave Firebrand until it's on the same level as Tempest, then this magical thing called diversity will appear. Firebrand does everything Tempest can (besides Auras) and then some, with Aegis, Resistance, increased condition clear, increased healing taken from all sources buff (their personal healing etc.) and by far the biggest contributor to team success, stability for all in high volume. Firebrand personal survivability is not worse than tempest... I'd argue it's slightly better and doesn't rely on Invuln to decap itself.

> > > >

> > > > If you've played any high tier ranked or AT's, monthly's, the perspective I'm coming from is pretty reinforced.

> > >

> > > what should be nerfed that puts fb on the same level as tempest but that maintains its own separate support niche?

> > >

> > > I think fb's strength is condi cleanse but i don't think tempest has anything that makes it anti phys burst dps aside from having more projectile hate than fb.

> >

> > ArenaNet will figure something out.. I'd say it's likely they see Tempest as a high healing/cleansing niche, and Firebrand as a boon focused build with its Aegis, Resistance, Stability. With that being said I'd predict shaves to raw healing & cleansing ability.

> >

> > To be honest, with Scourge's corruption and Thieves stealing boons as much as they do right now, the fact that Firebrand is dominantly the top pick just goes to show it's on another level with its healing and cleansing too.

>

> I think if they made the tome skills not PBAoE but smaller ground targeting skills with a 600 range it'd balance out FB instantly.

they are few that's ground targeting aoe already .

but i don't see how make them all ground targeting skill with 600 range would result a nerf .

isn't that a direct buff ? unless you mean 600 range but with less radius ?

> @musu.9205 said:

> > @kKagari.6804 said:

> > > @Chaith.8256 said:

> > > > @Kuya.6495 said:

> > > > > @Chaith.8256 said:

> > > > > Firebrand not OK. It makes tempest support look completely sub-par. Shave Firebrand until it's on the same level as Tempest, then this magical thing called diversity will appear. Firebrand does everything Tempest can (besides Auras) and then some, with Aegis, Resistance, increased condition clear, increased healing taken from all sources buff (their personal healing etc.) and by far the biggest contributor to team success, stability for all in high volume. Firebrand personal survivability is not worse than tempest... I'd argue it's slightly better and doesn't rely on Invuln to decap itself.

> > > > >

> > > > > If you've played any high tier ranked or AT's, monthly's, the perspective I'm coming from is pretty reinforced.

> > > >

> > > > what should be nerfed that puts fb on the same level as tempest but that maintains its own separate support niche?

> > > >

> > > > I think fb's strength is condi cleanse but i don't think tempest has anything that makes it anti phys burst dps aside from having more projectile hate than fb.

> > >

> > > ArenaNet will figure something out.. I'd say it's likely they see Tempest as a high healing/cleansing niche, and Firebrand as a boon focused build with its Aegis, Resistance, Stability. With that being said I'd predict shaves to raw healing & cleansing ability.

> > >

> > > To be honest, with Scourge's corruption and Thieves stealing boons as much as they do right now, the fact that Firebrand is dominantly the top pick just goes to show it's on another level with its healing and cleansing too.

> >

> > I think if they made the tome skills not PBAoE but smaller ground targeting skills with a 600 range it'd balance out FB instantly.

>

> they are few that's ground targeting aoe already .

> but i don't see how make them all ground targeting skill with 600 range would result a nerf .

> isn't that a direct buff ? unless you mean 600 range but with less radius ?

Yeah, I said less radius, and the skill needs to be targeted, so you can't be kiting an enemy and still freely supporting your team right now without aiming. The important tome skills are all PBAoE atm, so easy to use.

> @kKagari.6804 said:

> > @musu.9205 said:

> > > @kKagari.6804 said:

> > > > > @Kuya.6495 said:

> > > > > > @Chaith.8256 said:

> > > > > > Firebrand not OK. It makes tempest support look completely sub-par. Shave Firebrand until it's on the same level as Tempest, then this magical thing called diversity will appear. Firebrand does everything Tempest can (besides Auras) and then some, with Aegis, Resistance, increased condition clear, increased healing taken from all sources buff (their personal healing etc.) and by far the biggest contributor to team success, stability for all in high volume. Firebrand personal survivability is not worse than tempest... I'd argue it's slightly better and doesn't rely on Invuln to decap itself.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If you've played any high tier ranked or AT's, monthly's, the perspective I'm coming from is pretty reinforced.

> > > > >

> > > > > what should be nerfed that puts fb on the same level as tempest but that maintains its own separate support niche?

> > > > >

> > > > > I think fb's strength is condi cleanse but i don't think tempest has anything that makes it anti phys burst dps aside from having more projectile hate than fb.

> > > >

> > > > ArenaNet will figure something out.. I'd say it's likely they see Tempest as a high healing/cleansing niche, and Firebrand as a boon focused build with its Aegis, Resistance, Stability. With that being said I'd predict shaves to raw healing & cleansing ability.

> > > >

> > > > To be honest, with Scourge's corruption and Thieves stealing boons as much as they do right now, the fact that Firebrand is dominantly the top pick just goes to show it's on another level with its healing and cleansing too.

> > >

> > > I think if they made the tome skills not PBAoE but smaller ground targeting skills with a 600 range it'd balance out FB instantly.

> >

> > they are few that's ground targeting aoe already .

> > but i don't see how make them all ground targeting skill with 600 range would result a nerf .

> > isn't that a direct buff ? unless you mean 600 range but with less radius ?

>

> Yeah, I said less radius, and the skill needs to be targeted, so you can't be kiting an enemy and still freely supporting your team right now without aiming. The important tome skills are all PBAoE atm, so easy to use.

oh i missed that smaller part .

tbh i prefer balance around proper function and practical usage than around difficulty of aiming . its hard to balance coz their ideal usage and their practical usage are so different .nothing wrong with skills that are easy to use .

> @musu.9205 said:

> > @kKagari.6804 said:

> > > @musu.9205 said:

> > > > @kKagari.6804 said:

> > > > > @Chaith.8256 said:

> > > > > > @Kuya.6495 said:

> > > > > > > @Chaith.8256 said:

> > > > > > > Firebrand not OK. It makes tempest support look completely sub-par. Shave Firebrand until it's on the same level as Tempest, then this magical thing called diversity will appear. Firebrand does everything Tempest can (besides Auras) and then some, with Aegis, Resistance, increased condition clear, increased healing taken from all sources buff (their personal healing etc.) and by far the biggest contributor to team success, stability for all in high volume. Firebrand personal survivability is not worse than tempest... I'd argue it's slightly better and doesn't rely on Invuln to decap itself.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If you've played any high tier ranked or AT's, monthly's, the perspective I'm coming from is pretty reinforced.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > what should be nerfed that puts fb on the same level as tempest but that maintains its own separate support niche?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I think fb's strength is condi cleanse but i don't think tempest has anything that makes it anti phys burst dps aside from having more projectile hate than fb.

> > > > >

> > > > > ArenaNet will figure something out.. I'd say it's likely they see Tempest as a high healing/cleansing niche, and Firebrand as a boon focused build with its Aegis, Resistance, Stability. With that being said I'd predict shaves to raw healing & cleansing ability.

> > > > >

> > > > > To be honest, with Scourge's corruption and Thieves stealing boons as much as they do right now, the fact that Firebrand is dominantly the top pick just goes to show it's on another level with its healing and cleansing too.

> > > >

> > > > I think if they made the tome skills not PBAoE but smaller ground targeting skills with a 600 range it'd balance out FB instantly.

> > >

> > > they are few that's ground targeting aoe already .

> > > but i don't see how make them all ground targeting skill with 600 range would result a nerf .

> > > isn't that a direct buff ? unless you mean 600 range but with less radius ?

> >

> > Yeah, I said less radius, and the skill needs to be targeted, so you can't be kiting an enemy and still freely supporting your team right now without aiming. The important tome skills are all PBAoE atm, so easy to use.

>

> oh i missed that smaller part .

> tbh i prefer balance around proper function and practical usage than around difficulty of aiming . its hard to balance coz their ideal usage and their practical usage are so different .nothing wrong with skills that are easy to use .

Yeah but IMO this is why FB bunkers are strong, you mitigate damage by kiting already, and you mitigate it further with your support skills.

Tempest are horrible why bring a decent spec down to crap levels to the point noone would bring it anymore, why use a support that does nothing but watch your allies super easily die beside you? as far as heals go they only get 8 of them then have a 35 seconds wait without heals or so.

Both teams with a firebrand is ideal and it doesnt make the teams unkillable it makes it more competitive nerfing gw1 monks to be useless healing not able to keep things alive for lengthy periods of time would have made the game way less competitive instead of a nicely feeling balance of arenas you get something more like dragonball. A lot of people hated codex partially because monks were subpar there it was still competitive in its own way but not as ideal. The effects of subpar monks in something like gvg would be somewhat unbearable in its own ways the competitiveness of the status quo there is much more preferred and you can bounce back from potentially lost situations putting you back in the game/competition. Sometimes in codex we wouldnt even bring a monk those were the worst matches.

> @RabbitUp.8294 said:

> How about making Tempest an alternative to FB, instead of bringing FB down to Tempest's level?

>

> FB is a proper support in pvp, it has crap damage, has limited mobility, limited CC, can be focused down, and needs coordination to shine. It's miles healthier than what druid and chrono were.

coz that way condi build either couldnt do anything in team fight or absolutely op destroy everything that's not tempest or firebrand .

Firebrand is like healer tempest but more versatile in its support capability.

I would like to see its power level brought down to healer tempest level. This way we can see two viable team fight supporters in the meta game.

The reason why I think it is firebrand that needs to be brought down instead of tempest buff is simply to avoid power creep.

IMHO, there should be no more power creep over the old HoT meta. The boon/condi spam was already borderline too much. All new HoT specs need to brought down to HoT level.

> @RabbitUp.8294 said:

> How about making Tempest an alternative to FB, instead of bringing FB down to Tempest's level?

>

> FB is a proper support in pvp, it has crap damage, has limited mobility, limited CC, can be focused down, and needs coordination to shine. It's miles healthier than what druid and chrono were.

merging hard fb now with conditions running rampant everywhere is stupidity to say the least... this is why I am expecting Anet will do it.

> @Exciton.8942 said:

> Firebrand is like healer tempest but more versatile in its support capability.

>

> I would like to see its power level brought down to healer tempest level. This way we can see two viable team fight supporters in the meta game.

>

> The reason why I think it is firebrand that needs to be brought down instead of tempest buff is simply to avoid power creep.

>

> IMHO, there should be no more power creep over the old HoT meta. The boon/condi spam was already borderline too much. All new HoT specs need to brought down to HoT level.

This will happen 3 months before next expansion.Don't expect it before.

3 months of healthy balance every 2 years is pretty fine to be honest.

> @Chaith.8256 said:

> Firebrand not OK. It makes tempest support look completely sub-par. Shave Firebrand until it's on the same level as Tempest, then this magical thing called diversity will appear. Firebrand does everything Tempest can (besides Auras) and then some, with Aegis, Resistance, increased condition clear, increased healing taken from all sources buff (their personal healing etc.) and by far the biggest contributor to team success, stability for all in high volume. Firebrand personal survivability is not worse than tempest... I'd argue it's slightly better and doesn't rely on Invuln to decap itself.

>

> If you've played any high tier ranked or AT's, monthly's, the perspective I'm coming from is pretty reinforced.

Firebrand has no mobility and they are easier to kill while under power focus. Druid and Tempest in such situations can fend for themselves by running away relatively

easy .

FB's are strong because they have nothing else to do. If you manage to force their tomes, they are very easy to kill as long as fb's team is not paying attention.

Second important thing is that their healing is strong because it's burst healing. You can outheal every damage with it, but it's situational. After F2 is burned out, there is no stronger healing for a not so short period besides some sustained regen that can still be corrupted or cleared. It all comes down to a well set focus fire based on power damage.

If you tried to do the same to druid for example, they just ran away/went invisible and healed for tons in the meantime. Pretty much the same thing with tempests but without going invisible, but rather invincible.

P.S.

No, I just like the FB avatar but I do not play as mantra bunker, because I am a solo player.

> @Chaith.8256 said:

> Firebrand not OK. It makes tempest support look completely sub-par. Shave Firebrand until it's on the same level as Tempest, then this magical thing called diversity will appear. Firebrand does everything Tempest can (besides Auras) and then some, with Aegis, Resistance, increased condition clear, increased healing taken from all sources buff (their personal healing etc.) and by far the biggest contributor to team success, stability for all in high volume. Firebrand personal survivability is not worse than tempest... I'd argue it's slightly better and doesn't rely on Invuln to decap itself.

>

> If you've played any high tier ranked or AT's, monthly's, the perspective I'm coming from is pretty reinforced.

So we are going to balance Firebrand based on full competitive teams when for the average player the pvp is solo and duo queue? Don't get me wrong I could care less whether they nerf Firebrand or not but your logic is dubious for the game as most play it today. Also, core bunker guardians got supplanted by elementals as support bunkers like two years ago I didnt hear a peep from you then for calls to bring bunker guardians up to par with elementalist. God help a support Guardian is the top support for a couple months. Heaven forfend!

> @kKagari.6804 said:

> I think if they made the tome skills not PBAoE but smaller ground targeting skills with a 600 range it'd balance out FB instantly.

I think the most appropriate nerfs would be range nerfs to the #5 skills in tomes (as is, they have huuuuuuge radii) and moderate healing nerfs for ToR. This would bring it more in line with tempests.

I like to think of gw1 like this or atleast in this area and applies to healing of other mmos how they should be made.

The monk/support should be strong. It should require skillful play and extraordinary spikes/plays to break the team and win the game. Both sides should have them and its really a competitive back and fourth with monks and teams of the same skill level.

After gw1 games with bad support like rift make me really sad. the level of back and fourth and tactics in teamfights can change drastically with good healers people start being more vocal on voicechat for spikes tactics start to become more vocal. Strong conditions/hexes like gw1 blind/blurred vision also makes the team have to be more vocal for removals like in gw1 youre literally shutdown and need your teammate in combat. GW1 is designed nearly flawlessly in creation of healing/damage balance as well as making tactics during battle be vocal and require a lot of strategy to outplay. It also nailed shutdown in ways that other mmos fail to do and I dont see the perfection of shutdown of gw1 mes ever being matched by any mmo unless i get to make one and force it. MMOs overlook shutdown roles for all dps roles. **GW2 is a shadow of what I know anet can really do if they wanted to go that direction they seemed to have just chosen a different direction gw1 players dont find as ideal.** They also seemed to have lost the gw1 pvp dominated type of mentality they would balance that game persistently for gvg, there probably isnt another mmo in existence that got balanced as often with regards to pvp. Gvg and arenas from gw1 is the prototype the ideal the epitome of mmo pvp and should be the inspiration for all mmos.

The above paragraph is only part of why I think they should aim for a gw3 over an expack and go in a different direction more in line with gw1 I would do it myself if I were capable gw1 has inspired me to want to it stands out in its pvp perfection in many ways other mmos dont do they just dont and it makes me lose hope in the entire mmo market.

I posted a shoutcast video of an old gvg match that shows gvg is clearly esports material and shoutcastable. I feel if you want true esports you gotta make the game tailored to elitists as you possibly can the people who would study everything about the game and get exceptionally good and competitive at it with really high skillfloors like gw1 shutdown pd mes you simply cannot spam skills or you are completely useless. Gw1 is the protototype for the ideal mmo esports.

Im not for removing radius as its already hard enough most games in random to keep your team anywhere near you like they just completely ignore you, unless its an organized team its almost useless to run firebrand at times makes you just want to leave the game since they dont want support. they want to go fight the guy off point and leave you there alone and you shouldnt be holding their hands off point. also if your support starts to not be enough they just run away from the fight alltogether or die which is common since I dont think firebrand is enough solo for what our damage is its mid ranged healing not ideal healing when something can easily take you down solo youre clearly not enough for 4-5 of them. firebrands midrange others are just bad and watch their teammates die for the most part.

> @RabbitUp.8294 said:

Because people whined about Tempest being too strong and because of said whining they got gutted into the floor. So much for strategically healing people right guys? So much for sustain right guys?

But we are supposely the starchildren and can do no wrong, and are always broken every season we get a new toy. Inb4 FB becomes trash level as well because people can't handle a team-oriented build and want MOAR DAMAGE. Smh.

- signed, A very bitter support main.

Firebrand is not "broken". It has some very obvious weaknesses but people just like to complain. Firebrand lacks mobility and is the slowest support. Ele is a lot faster with a stun break teleport. And even though firebrand has excellent support, it also is VERY susceptible to power bursts, especially from a thief. How is something broken when a thief pressing 1 skill pressures it a lot. Firebrand also does ZERO dmg, unlike tempest which actually has quite decent DPS and cc with air overloads and such. Firebrand and Tempest are two different styles of support, and firebrand should 100% be more rewarding because they lack some self sustain,mobility, and do 0 dmg. On top of that, lets not forget how easy it is for an ele to support in a teamfight VS a firebrand who actually has to AIM alot of their heals, people should be rewarded for playing better. I can't believe people are complaining about a support spec doing its job. The only reason firebrand is a much viable pick over tempest is because the meta dictates so. Firebrand has a lot better support against condis and teamfights are decided by scourges. If scourge were to be nerfed, and the meta shifts to a more power centric composition, ele will start to look like a more appealing pick but since ele lacks in the condi cleanse department, firebrand is a much viable solution.

Power probably complains about condi while condi is currently complaining about support we can probably tell who plays what this way. Support would currently complain about power which is already complained about in general like most of us want toned down amulets to counteract too much damage in single bursts accross the board nullifying "one shots".