[WvW] Scourge or Condi Reaper?

Lahm.7056

Scourge still feels very strong despite the recent tone down and packs a lot tools for all kinds of fights, however going back to condi reaper still feels incredibly strong, deathly chill is still powerful as heck and shroud flick on a curses/spite build is still ridiculous. Scourge probably wins in range burst while reaper seems most lethal close up.

What are your thoughts on condi reaper after playing scourge and which do your prefer?

They both have merits and flaws. You can build a very strong front line condi reaper or play more ranged, but that all depends on your play style. I am also starting to see more people trying out base necro builds again.. I think people are just looking for anything to feel like they can contribute.

i find on my condi reaper i still kill most classes with ease even with the new specs they have. just last night i killed a spellbreaker in about 15 seconds. 10 mins before that a beastmaster met her end in 30 seconds. renegades? a joke. but if i fight against them on my scourge i get slaughtered.

When you get over 10 v 10 scourge ends up mandatory because all the other necromancers are playing scourge. Reapers just don't have the right gap closer to get through the pirateship, can't stay in melee, and end up as mark bots while at range. Anyone who is thinking of disputing that because of those "sometimes on reaper", consider wether or not you could have played anything (or maybe not have even been present) and your group would have still won.

Front line, might stacking power reaper works great on front line and small scale PVP. There’s so many purges in player vs. player, and that becomes additive with each opponent that raw damage and critical (100% on a power reaper without any gear mods) is a nice sweet spot. At most you’re out of shroud for the base 7s with 6s cc immunity every 12s (tired, but the math is something like that). Pop out of shroud early and consume conditions if they’re getting out of hand, then right back into shroud ASAP.

You won’t contribute any buffs/ debuffs other than chilling and 25 stacks of weakness, though. But you’ll be stuck on targets and generally annoying to kill with solid damage output.

> @ChrisLew.5492 said:

> Front line, might stacking power reaper works great on front line and small scale PVP. There’s so many purges in player vs. player, and that becomes additive with each opponent that raw damage and critical (100% on a power reaper without any gear mods) is a nice sweet spot. At most you’re out of shroud for the base 7s with 6s cc immunity every 12s (tired, but the math is something like that). Pop out of shroud early and consume conditions if they’re getting out of hand, then right back into shroud ASAP.

>

> You won’t contribute any buffs/ debuffs other than chilling and 25 stacks of weakness, though. But you’ll be stuck on targets and generally annoying to kill with solid damage output.

Could you please give some insight to that build? Skills/traits/weapons and such? I would really appreciate it!

I'm going to be doing a fair amount of WvW soon and I would rather not make a condition ascended set if possible :#