[Suggestion] Obtaining Weapons of the Sunless

> @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > @Shirlias.8104 said:

> > Since they are ascended, can't you simply change any weapons into that one?

> >

> > Through mf attributes change.

>

> No, at least not from an aesthetic point of view. Changing the stats on ascended gear does not change the appearance, and weapons of the sunless have a unique visual appearance compared to other ascended weapons that cannot be acquired through any other means outside of the event rewards.

>

> If it were just a case of stats, I think people wouldn't bother with Tequatl, and would simply craft ascended weapons or get them through other means. It would certainly be more efficient than praying to the RNG gods for a Tequatl's Hoard.

THis is not true. Changing the stats doe schange the appearence on some weapons. For example. I took Guerrilla Arc, the Rev Elite spec weapon for renegade and changed it to viper's. IT now looks like yassiths short bow even though I did nto do a transmog...

Teq is a nice source of XP, something to do, a chance at loot, most importantly spoons, and did I mention spoons?

Triple trouble is a lot of fun if you get in a guild that does it. I'm in Evos and they have the system down ?

Shatterer last two achievements are also a challenge but that also makes it fun. However, the back piece that looks epic imo is done when you get the achievement done and not a rare drop.

> @dchsknight.3042 said:

> THis is not true. Changing the stats doe schange the appearence on some weapons. For example. I took Guerrilla Arc, the Rev Elite spec weapon for renegade and changed it to viper's. IT now looks like yassiths short bow even though I did nto do a transmog...

Hmmm. Perhaps I am mistaken on that front then, in which case I apologize. I don't recall seeing appearance changes on items I've stat changed, but maybe it's only for weapons? Still, I don't know if it's possible to use stat changing to acquire sunless weapon skin appearances. It would be interesting if that was the case though.

> @"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:

> > @dchsknight.3042 said:

> > THis is not true. Changing the stats doe schange the appearence on some weapons. For example. I took Guerrilla Arc, the Rev Elite spec weapon for renegade and changed it to viper's. IT now looks like yassiths short bow even though I did nto do a transmog...

>

> Hmmm. Perhaps I am mistaken on that front then, in which case I apologize. I don't recall seeing appearance changes on items I've stat changed, but maybe it's only for weapons? Still, I don't know if it's possible to use stat changing to acquire sunless weapon skin appearances. It would be interesting if that was the case though.

The ascended weapons have a range of colours, depending on stats. MF stat changing *always* destroys whatever you throw in and *creates a new item*; with default crafted skin for the item.

The Tequatl weapons have their own skins, separate from the crafted ascended weapons of same stats.

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> The ascended weapons have a range of colours, depending on stats. MF stat changing *always* destroys whatever you throw in and *creates a new item*; with default crafted skin for the item.

> The Tequatl weapons have their own skins, separate from the crafted ascended weapons of same stats.

Ah okay, thanks for the info. In conclusion we can still then say that stat swapping cannot be used to acquire Sunless weapon skins, which does answer the original question I was answering, albeit with more accurate information.