Mega Server Obsidian Sanctum

expandas.7051

Dear ArenaNet developers,

I’d like to submit a formal request for the Obsidian Sanctum to be changed from a one-instance-per-tier setup to a mega server instance. I should preface by saying that I don’t have an understanding of the back-end technical intricacies that would need to be navigated in order to make this a reality, but I can speak about the potential pros and cons this change would introduce.

# Pros:

* Greater communication and interaction between players on different servers and tiers.

* Opens up the possibility of cross-server and cross-tier community events.

* Provides a central area for players that enjoy dueling and theory-crafting new and creative builds to convene.

* Greatly mitigates the demand for guild hall arenas to use WvW skill balancing.

* Reduces the barrier of entry for teams looking to get involved in the community developed guild vs guild scene.

# Cons:

* An influx of players could lead to increased abuse and harassment towards players attempting to complete the jumping puzzle.

* Potential decrease in gem sales for the purposes of server transfers if and only if the affected players are transferring servers for the purposes of holding scrimmages in the current one-instance-per-tier Obsidian Sanctum.

That’s all I’ve got. I’m open to comments and questions you might have and would be more than happy to assist in making this a reality.