Spell Breaker Advice

Oldirtbeard.9834

Hello Warriors,

I've decided to switch sides to one of the chosen classes. Since I mainly play in the noob side of the pool Open World, Dungeons, T1T2 Fractals I would like to make a Spell Breaker buff bot.

Why Spell Breaker?

I hear they are more durable than Berserker.

I'm mainly looking to learn the proper weapon set up, stats, and a rotation that some one lazy and mentally challenged such as my self can reasonably execute.

Please and thank you.

> @Juba.8406 said:

> Spellbreaker is not suited for PvE, Berserker will serve your better there.

I understand that, how ever I do not plan on doing Raids or T4 Fractals, and I'm used to the durability of a Power Reaper So I would rather have the durability from a Spellblade with out sacrificing DPS traits for more survivability. I'm not a zealot for QTFY, I'm not interested in gitting gud.

Hi,

Given a spellbreaker, with a wish to damage, sustain and buff, and a flavor of power... then I suppose you could opt for Spellbreaker + Strength (damage) + Tactics (support).

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR5YjMdQlHW7BefAnIW6BMjAwHICg3kvyd5kowT47B-jBCBABGqbAgrAAWK9qZ/hKV/JgHCwZKBLTZApAGVoF-e

Your greatsword will give you and your mates might in critical hits, thanks to Forceful Greatsword and Phalanx Strength. Activate your F1 as often as you like, this will stack Berserker's Power. Dodge offensively to benefit from Stick and Move. Your mace is a big DPS loss, but gives you access to a block, as well as 2 CC on short CD, useful to deplete breakbars and gain Attacker's Insight (but you could also go for Axe and use the Kick utility, with Peak Performance).

If you find yourself too squishy, then replace Berserker's Power with Might Makes Right. If this still does not work, then abandon the Strength specialization and replace it with Discipline (with double axes).

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQRAnX5YjMdQlHW7BefAnIW4CMlXwoLAg/gzwf4kJQEI0B-jBSGABxpfAgHAQ5HBApUCCy+DJcSAAU9HoU+RKgRFaB-e

Untested, have fun :)

> @Elegie.3620 said:

> Hi,

>

> Given a spellbreaker, with a wish to damage, sustain and buff, and a flavor of power... then I suppose you could opt for Spellbreaker + Strength (damage) + Tactics (support).

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAR5YjMdQlHW7BefAnIW6BMjAwHICg3kvyd5kowT47B-jBCBABGqbAgrAAWK9qZ/hKV/JgHCwZKBLTZApAGVoF-e

>

> Your greatsword will give you and your mates might in critical hits, thanks to Forceful Greatsword and Phalanx Strength. Activate your F1 as often as you like, this will stack Berserker's Power. Dodge offensively to benefit from Stick and Move. Your mace is a big DPS loss, but gives you access to a block, as well as 2 CC on short CD, useful to deplete breakbars and gain Attacker's Insight (but you could also go for Axe and use the Kick utility, with Peak Performance).

>

> If you find yourself too squishy, then replace Berserker's Power with Might Makes Right. If this still does not work, then abandon the Strength specialization and replace it with Discipline (with double axes).

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQRAnX5YjMdQlHW7BefAnIW4CMlXwoLAg/gzwf4kJQEI0B-jBSGABxpfAgHAQ5HBApUCCy+DJcSAAU9HoU+RKgRFaB-e

>

> Untested, have fun :)

Thank you, that was incredibly helpful. I have an Ascended Greatsword, Axe, Mace, Dagger, and Calagbolg.

What would you suggest for Discipline then Mace/Axe or Axe/Shield?

You need a DPS weapon for sure, so either GS (for #2) or axe (the axe AA does good damage, but Axe 5 too and it replenishes adrenaline pretty fast). The rest I guess is situational, you can get pretty much anything (more DPS with optimized rotation, more defense with shield, more CC, more support with warhorn...). You adjust depending on your group capabilities and what you're facing, there's no definite answer to me.

What is cool with discipline is that you can weapon-swap every 5s, so can really find interesting rotations depending on what weapons are equipped (plus it triggers onswap traits and sigils in a more interesting way). I'd suggest you try with what you have, and see what works for you. When I was doing dungeons (a long long time ago), I went there with GS and Axe/Mace (for vulnerability+cc), it was fun and effective.