not happy with the state of PvP and WvW

> @Erulogos.2591 said:

> > @troops.8276 said:

> > All that is of course true but the 0.00n% of ppl expressing displeasure on the forum are also part of another demographic. Those who stop playing all together because of it and for that dismissing the intent of those expressing displeasure here underplays the extent of the problem. Or at least it may and that has not been resoundingly addressed here. Pvp does bring money in, undoubtedly not as much as pve and likely with less profit but it will still be a portion of revenue that Anet would rather have than not.

>

> Certainly there is an obviously dissatisfied group, since the folks voting in the polls above also likely only represent a portion of the disgruntled. But you hit the nail firmly on the head by talking about money. GW2 is pretty solidly about cosmetics. Armor skins, weapon skins, outfits, glider skins, mount skins, both in game rewards and gem store goodies are resoundingly cosmetic. And while Anet would like to keep every dime, if they can spend their dev budget on PvP balance or money makers, it's going to go to money makers. When they can spend on both I'm sure they try to, but PvP is going to take a back seat in lean times. It's the 80/20 rule in action, with good PvP being 80% effort for 20% return. Really, any game not designed from day 1 to be PvP pretty much top to bottom is only including PvP as a checkbox item, and the PvP is probably not much fun.

One slight addition for clarity. Pve and pvp (spvp&wvw) alike are what draws people in to hopefully spend money on expansions and gems in the first place. If not then the same argument applies to pve content. Now I'm not saying to the same extent but none the less it has that function otherwise there would be nothing but a single road to parade up and down with cash shops at either end.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

> @troops.8276 said:

> > @Syktek.7912 said:

> > Going to need a much, much bigger sample size of players to get an opinion. Holding polls on a forum where cranky wannabes come to sate their woes isn't going to give you accurate results.

>

> I think that has rather been established now. Do keep up.

I don't have to, hahah. You did it for me.

> @troops.8276 said:

> One slight addition for clarity. Pve and pvp (spvp&wvw) alike are what draws people in to hopefully spend money on expansions and gems in the first place. If not then the same argument applies to pve content. Now I'm not saying to the same extent but none the less it has that function otherwise there would be nothing but a single road to parade up and down with cash shops at either end.

It's been some time since I last popped my head into anything PvP, but I thought most cosmetic goodies were disabled in sPvP matches? And rather hard to see in WvW zergball? Not saying there isn't any draw at all there, but the daily Tequatl party seems to be one of the big fashion shows to be found in game, meanwhile raid and fractals have afair few exclusive skins, which is why I associate PvE with the Fashion Wars. Are there PvP/WvW exclusive skins to be had?

> @Syktek.7912 said:

> > @troops.8276 said:

> > > @Syktek.7912 said:

> > > Going to need a much, much bigger sample size of players to get an opinion. Holding polls on a forum where cranky wannabes come to sate their woes isn't going to give you accurate results.

> >

> > I think that has rather been established now. Do keep up.

>

> I don't have to, hahah. You did it for me.

Ah, touche.

> @Cyrin.1035 said:

> Solution: Take PvP and WvW out of the game completely. Put all work and focus on PvE. :p

That's what they've been doing so far. I was expecting word of future plans after the expac had diddly squat for WvW, but no news as whatsoever. It's thoroughly disappointing, and validates my decision to decline the opportunity to purchase more PvE. :(

> @shadowpass.4236 said:

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/11866/are-you-happy-with-the-current-state-of-pvp/p1

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/11869/are-you-happy-with-the-current-state-of-wvw#latest

>

> Obviously something is wrong. What is Anet going to do about it?

I bet I can guess. Here is the Wheel of Fortune-style word clue: N O T H I N _.

> @Erulogos.2591 said:

> > @troops.8276 said:

> > One slight addition for clarity. Pve and pvp (spvp&wvw) alike are what draws people in to hopefully spend money on expansions and gems in the first place. If not then the same argument applies to pve content. Now I'm not saying to the same extent but none the less it has that function otherwise there would be nothing but a single road to parade up and down with cash shops at either end.

>

> It's been some time since I last popped my head into anything PvP, but I thought most cosmetic goodies were disabled in sPvP matches? And rather hard to see in WvW zergball? Not saying there isn't any draw at all there, but the daily Tequatl party seems to be one of the big fashion shows to be found in game, meanwhile raid and fractals have afair few exclusive skins, which is why I associate PvE with the Fashion Wars. Are there PvP/WvW exclusive skins to be had?

I do see people in pvp with some rather snappy looking outfits. I've actually bought a couple of skins to customize my characters with as well as both expansions and a few QoL items too, despite being a pvp'er. I was also considering getting the game for a family member, both expansions, for Christmas and had been recommending the game to friends, a few of which would have purchased all ready if I hadn't withdrew my recommendation. I can only speak for myself, though I would find it very hard to believe I am the only one by simple common sense alone.