WvW = Dead game mode

Vieux P.1238

> @"Lord Hammer Hand.4815" said:

> if u think its dead , then dont play it w/ ask them to trash gamemode others still enjoy? bitter much? yeah ESL sucks kitten but Spvp is still enjoyed by many. so like WvW it will remain. not you if you dont like it you can stop playing no one will stop you doing what u want.

I don't play it anymore or at least very little. & your right, there are still players playing it. In fact the same 2 - 3 servers are still well involve since they know they will win it. But it would be ignorant to say that all servers are as involved in WvW. & that's why it's a dead mode. You read about it in reddit. you feel it as well since all the time & energy put in to it by Anet has diminished to it's lowest low. Population participation in most servers are next to nill. what do you want me to say?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are we disscussing ideas which are based on facts which are far from the truth?

WvW has queues during prime time for each matchup which shows that the game mode is not dead. So if your **opinion** on this fact might disagree, please state how you arrive at this different opinion.

WvW has had a very active playerbase which online started to decline after years of neglect from arenanets side (and 1 overdesigned frontier map with HoT which was just terrible). Ever since they started to give WvW some basic live support attention (own backpiece, better rewards, server links to keep sides sort of balanced, etc.) the game mode has been picking up pace.

I'd be happy to think about ways to get rid of a dead game mode or incorporating it into the pve aspect. Since WvW is far from dead though (and remains one of the few unique game modes GW2 has to offer) I'd refrain from making any suggestions which get rid of it.

So let me get this straight OP. You want to enable open world PvP over the resource nodes. In a casual PvE game that is meant for new, challenged, or casual MMO gamers right? LMAFO hell would have to freeze over one million times. Before ANet would even think to implement something as this.

Just look at who ANet is catering this game towards now. You plan would only serve to chase away ANet's "Prized" clients. The ones would don't care about balance. The ones would don't care about and refuse competing. The ones who's only prayer in this game is to join huge groups of zerglings to 1,1,1,1,1,1 down a huge PvE health sponge who's mechanics doesn't change, yet after doing it for the 100th. time. These people still manages to die from easily avoided mechanics. The one's who only drive in GW2 is to look better than others, thus will proceed to spend hundreds if not thousands of USD towards this goal. The ones who can't be bother to play any other MMORPG because either it's subscription based, or it's grind and or skill intensive.

I'm sorry to say OP. Your chances of just getting ANet to hear you out on this idea. Are the same as you becoming the almighty GOD of our dimension. Good luck OP you'll need it. :wink:

> @"Reaper Alim.4176" said:

> So let me get this straight OP. You want to enable open world PvP over the resource nodes. In a casual PvE game that is meant for new, challenged, or casual MMO gamers right? LMAFO hell would have to freeze over one million times. Before ANet would even think to implement something as this.

>

> Just look at who ANet is catering this game towards now. You plan would only serve to chase away ANet's "Prized" clients. The ones would don't care about balance. The ones would don't care about and refuse competing. The ones who's only prayer in this game is to join huge groups of zerglings to 1,1,1,1,1,1 down a huge PvE health sponge who's mechanics doesn't change, yet after doing it for the 100th. time. These people still manages to die from easily avoided mechanics. The one's who only drive in GW2 is to look better than others, thus will proceed to spend hundreds if not thousands of USD towards this goal. The ones who can't be bother to play any other MMORPG because either it's subscription based, or it's grind and or skill intensive.

>

> I'm sorry to say OP. Your chances of just getting ANet to hear you out on this idea. Are the same as you becoming the almighty GOD of our dimension. Good luck OP you'll need it. :wink:

**Hard Truth**

> @"Reaper Alim.4176" said:

> So let me get this straight OP. You want to enable open world PvP over the resource nodes. In a casual PvE game that is meant for new, challenged, or casual MMO gamers right? LMAFO hell would have to freeze over one million times. Before ANet would even think to implement something as this.

>

I get what you are saying, but, please keep in mind, that is would be a choice to play on a PvE or PvP map. The advantage to the PvP map, would be Ranked Rewards, Pips, Track, and better farming style resources, or maybe just overall much better loot drops from normal NPC mobs.

But it would be a choice on everyone's part, no one would be forced into it.

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > I was just reading a topic about how the PvE feel the game is too easy and wanted some kind of "Hard Mode" for the core maps, Personally, I think this would be a perfect solution.

>

> Yes it would keep the core map's population fresh with players harvesting & competing for resources. But With out competitive incentive of harvesting first, it would be as useless as the game mode stands now.

Eh.. Not really, since it would offer WvW reward track, Pips, and the like, as well as maybe up the overall loot from mobs, that would be enough to get a handful or more greedy players to keep trying their luck.

I mean really.. Imagine if say Jormag dropped ascended gear boxes and whatever the tokens of greatness that come from the raid are that everyone wants.. and all you have to do.. is kill him in a PvP zone.

The salt would be endless.. but.. so would the cattle.

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> > @"Reaper Alim.4176" said:

> > So let me get this straight OP. You want to enable open world PvP over the resource nodes. In a casual PvE game that is meant for new, challenged, or casual MMO gamers right? LMAFO hell would have to freeze over one million times. Before ANet would even think to implement something as this.

> >

>

> I get what you are saying, but, please keep in mind, that is would be a choice to play on a PvE or PvP map. The advantage to the PvP map, would be Ranked Rewards, Pips, Track, and better farming style resources, or maybe just overall much better loot drops from normal NPC mobs.

>

> But it would be a choice on everyone's part, no one would be forced into it.

Now that's using your imagination. It's exactly in the same train of thought i was going for. The possibilities are endless. & you don't have to go into does zones if you don't feel like it. Players choice. It would not be an obligation.

> @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > @Junkpile.7439 said:

> > Yes very active. You can play outnumbered on whole day. :D

>

> If a server is outnumbered it mean the other server is active.

Nah. Everybody just karma train in own border. Enemy cap hometower and blob come take it back and this continue 24/7.

I don't think WvW is a dead game mode. It was a lot better _back in the day_, mind you this is personal opinion - for the fact it felt more engaging regarding active use of combo fields to produce an effect like might with other players or blasting static fields for swiftness. You just don't see that stuff anymore. These days it's very generic point and click, granted, I doubt the servers would fair any better if we reverted back to that old-school style of combo'ing skills. There was also a lot less condi spam, too.

Anyway, I like your idea of open-world PvP and a cause for it - resources. I just feel like it wouldn't fix one of the major problems WvW retains - the ambitious _bandwagon, population imbalances_ etc. How would you even out the playing field so it's an enjoyable experience for all?

Thanks for sharing.

@ OP you fail to understand what the casual gamer (which the game is targeting) is looking for. Your problem is you probably play on average 5+ hours a day everyday excluding holidays cuz you gotta open them gifts under the tree. But son, I work 40+ hours a week and when I get back from work after a day spent dealing with imbeciles all I want is to team up with my younger brother and kill some Dbags, not for glory or greater purpose, but because it's therapeutic. I don't run in zergs, I run a duo the same way I was running it back when this game launched. And boy have I gotten good at it, I don't need you to tell me how my game mode sucks because of your misguided visions of grandeur, that any Fs were given because you forgot you're playing a game that 3 years from now none of us will even remember we played. In fact I don't think I've ever had as much fun playing WvW, zerging is down to a minimum and the new easier to understand mechanics for newbies provide me with so much cannon fodder to express my frustration at that after a 2-3 hour roaming session I can go to bed sound asleep and go back to work the next day with a smile.

To sum it up:

Kitten, Please! If you don't like it, don't play it. Let me the casual Joe get his stress relief without having to suffer your silly suggestions. The mode is fine as it is.

P.S. I used kitten for real, not censored ;)

So I should give up my defense of the homeland to become a gatherer and forager again? I see no real difference to the current wvw, it´s not like invaders suddenly appear in LA right now so the maps are already separated. Not that it really would change much beside penalizing the players that are not entering wvw with optimized builds. With no walls, they would be ripe for the picking and wvw would be trully empty and dead after a year. You may not like it, but not everyone is a pro or wants to be a pro.

If something like that is implemented, make it so that people can build their own castles like in Albion and give them a leaderboard to show off. I guarantee you that big guilds would do anything to hold a selfmade castle and conscript smaller guilds and single players for their outposts.

> @Zephyra.4709 said:

> I just feel like it wouldn't fix one of the major problems WvW retains - the ambitious _bandwagon, population imbalances_ etc. How would you even out the playing field so it's an enjoyable experience for all?

Honestly, i don't think server balance is possible. After all this time & energy Anet put into finding a solution. I think We should just drop that idea of server pride. & go for something new. Either we go to a guild vs guilds vs guilds vs guilds. Or we could take the racial Home city vs home city approach. Or a mix of both & fight for the resources (Wood, minerals, plants & ect.. ) that you bring back to your home city to sale at a vendors. I kinda like that approach cuz cities would be more populated & players would be planning farming runs at the enemies pvp zones. It's not a solution to the main high low population imbalance problem but it would be fun.

> @STIHL.2489 said:

> > @"Reaper Alim.4176" said:

> > So let me get this straight OP. You want to enable open world PvP over the resource nodes. In a casual PvE game that is meant for new, challenged, or casual MMO gamers right? LMAFO hell would have to freeze over one million times. Before ANet would even think to implement something as this.

> >

>

> I get what you are saying, but, please keep in mind, that is would be a choice to play on a PvE or PvP map. The advantage to the PvP map, would be Ranked Rewards, Pips, Track, and better farming style resources, or maybe just overall much better loot drops from normal NPC mobs.

>

> But it would be a choice on everyone's part, no one would be forced into it.

ANet repeatedly explain that it takes a huge amount of time and resources to produce anything in GW2. Things that seem to be done on the fly in other MMOs are major commitments here. I don't pretend to understand why this is but anyone who's played other MMOs can see the difference. Consequently, suggestions that involve new mechanics on this level seem extremely unlikely to happen, even if ANet wanted to do it - and there's absolutely no indication that they have any interest in doing anything like this in the first place.

Just look at the kind of in-game changes that do actually happen. And at how long they take. Adding open world instanced PvPvE maps isn't a bad idea per se but it is just never going to happen in this game. Maybe in GW3.

Any such map would quickly devolve into a daredevil and mirage fest, due to their ability to move quickly to gather nodes and their ability to easily gank the PvErs out of nowhere. There wouldn't even be any objectives so these builds would have no weaknesses. If you think that WvW is imbalanced now just wait until there is OWPvP.

> @"Tiny Doom.4380" said:

> > @STIHL.2489 said:

> > > @"Reaper Alim.4176" said:

> > > So let me get this straight OP. You want to enable open world PvP over the resource nodes. In a casual PvE game that is meant for new, challenged, or casual MMO gamers right? LMAFO hell would have to freeze over one million times. Before ANet would even think to implement something as this.

> > >

> >

> > I get what you are saying, but, please keep in mind, that is would be a choice to play on a PvE or PvP map. The advantage to the PvP map, would be Ranked Rewards, Pips, Track, and better farming style resources, or maybe just overall much better loot drops from normal NPC mobs.

> >

> > But it would be a choice on everyone's part, no one would be forced into it.

>

> ANet repeatedly explain that it takes a huge amount of time and resources to produce anything in GW2. Things that seem to be done on the fly in other MMOs are major commitments here. I don't pretend to understand why this is but anyone who's played other MMOs can see the difference. Consequently, suggestions that involve new mechanics on this level seem extremely unlikely to happen, even if ANet wanted to do it - and there's absolutely no indication that they have any interest in doing anything like this in the first place.

>

> Just look at the kind of in-game changes that do actually happen. And at how long they take. Adding open world instanced PvPvE maps isn't a bad idea per se but it is just never going to happen in this game. Maybe in GW3.

If GW3 even release. GW3 would more than likely, just be PvE MMO with no WvW or PvP modes.

> @ugrakarma.9416 said:

> With his all problems, GW2 WvW is by far the best open world i have seen, and still have room to guilds of all sizes. The alternative, that OP suggested only end ppl stacking in the most powerful guids and declining population.

best open world pvp u have seen?

dunno what kind of games u have been playing but u should go back to 200x games if u want good open world PvP games

WvW isnt bad but i miss old games where no dungeons existed where people had to raid in open world and grind in open world and PvP in open world with no limits not some bullshit toggle for pvp or no pvp just bam in ur face.

too bad f2p model has taken over many mmo's and turned alot of these mmo's into crap..

gw2 has good store ingame atleast that doesnt influence anything ingame.