WvW = Dead game mode

Vieux P.1238

> @KalasDelRio.8921 said:

> > @"Raymond Lukes.6305" said:

> > Then it turned out our change never took hold because you guys play WvW so much that there was never a time that the channel could fully reset.

>

> This whole thread = debunked.

No, Not at all. WvW is still problematic as mentioned in this thread and more. Only need to search topics about it on the forum & reddit to see how much so. But in the end, nothing is gonna change about that.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > @KalasDelRio.8921 said:

> > > @"Raymond Lukes.6305" said:

> > > Then it turned out our change never took hold because you guys play WvW so much that there was never a time that the channel could fully reset.

> >

> > This whole thread = debunked.

>

> No, Not at all. WvW is still problematic as mentioned in this thread and more. Only need to search topics about it on the forum & reddit to see how much so. But in the end, nothing is gonna change about that.

I know, I know. I wouldn't say the game-mode is dead though. There is still very much life within WvW, it's just that the game-mode doesn't play as well as it used to. Mostly due to development problems, yes, but there's also a newer problem with regards to new players not knowing how to play WvW the way it's supposed to be played, or rather, preferred to be played. I mentioned this in the post I made on Reddit regarding the Future of WvW.

There are things WvW Vets could be doing to try and make WvW less problematic to play.

> @primatos.5413 said:

> WvW isn´t dead but becomes more and more taken over and afflicted by players which are fine with one shot bs builds .. which nevermind the bs ca**er builds bcs of playing them .. remember how aura share tempest was after HoT release ? Totally kitten up nearly unkillable .. so there was a lot of players (ab)using that cheese build then players complained .. anet nerfed to the ground .. players switched .. the whole way this company keeps treading this gamemode and its playerbase is ridiculous and most of them don´t even recognize ... bcz of a lot of them just keep on switching classes as neccesary.. where are the tempests now ? Kittened up .@ roaming issues .. tolerated @ zerg because of waterfields ? Poor kitten ^^

> If i did my Job even ONE day as Anet does treat WvW i was fired instantly .. But Hey .. WE GOT SHINY MOUNT BS @ GEMSTORE OUT NOW !!!!

> rly .. ? I´ll keep praying for Crowfall and Camelot to become a real alternative instead of furthermore trying to handle the Anet clowns..

INB4 Infraction.

I shou> @KalasDelRio.8921 said:

> > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > @KalasDelRio.8921 said:

> > > > @"Raymond Lukes.6305" said:

> > > > Then it turned out our change never took hold because you guys play WvW so much that there was never a time that the channel could fully reset.

> > >

> > > This whole thread = debunked.

> >

> > No, Not at all. WvW is still problematic as mentioned in this thread and more. Only need to search topics about it on the forum & reddit to see how much so. But in the end, nothing is gonna change about that.

>

> I know, I know. I wouldn't say the game-mode is dead though. There is still very much life within WvW, it's just that the game-mode doesn't play as well as it used to. Mostly due to development problems, yes, but there's also a newer problem with regards to new players not knowing how to play WvW the way it's supposed to be played, or rather, preferred to be played. I mentioned this in the post I made on Reddit regarding the Future of WvW.

>

> There are things WvW Vets could be doing to try and make WvW less problematic to play.

If you didn't have WvW Vets jumping ship left and right. Sounds like there is now a commander shortage now.

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> **WvW should be trashed just like ESL.** It's a dead game mode. It has been proven over the years, no matter what Anet do to fix WvW it's not working. There is no other solution but to trash it & implement open world pvp in the regular pve world **in reserved map zone for it**. & they have to implement a system that instead of just fighting for control of castles, players actually fight for something. Like fight for resources such as wood, minerals & plants that must be brought back to there main city and sold to different vendors. The more vendors have resources, the more they can sell buff & other useful items to players of that city. Among other rewards. This promote the real reason to compete. **Money$$$** incentive like in real life. Yes balance is an issue, but is nothing if you have no reason to fight for. And before you go on a rant and post that you dont want pvp in your pve, read my post again. I said **pvp in reserved maps**. Meaning you can still pve in none pvp zones. Think about it.

BDO (Black Desert Online) is that way, it will never happen in this game unfortunately.

I want it to as well, but it would involve massive reconstruction of the game system itself... These guys can't even get a small balance patch out every 6 months let alone re-working entire game functionalities.

> @"Reaper Alim.4176" said:

> If you didn't have WvW Vets jumping ship left and right. Sounds like there is now a commander shortage now.

Well yeah, there's that. And I'm struggling to see this Commander shortage tbh. There are enough people with the ability to tag. The problem is; hardly anyone wants to tag up and Pugmand because all the new pugs come into WvW with their PvE glass builds and get one-pushed every time they try to take something that isn't paper. Not to mention the fact that building any type of siege takes roughly about 12 years and people lose their shit on Team chat as soon as 5 or 6 bois show up to a t3 tower and they don't know how to defend against them for shit.

I'll say it again; People don't know how to play WvW anymore besides Ktraining paper towers and Spamming 1.

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > @Magira.6390 said:

> > I play the dead mode with great joy about 4 hours a day. And I don't play any PVE or PVP, only the best of guild wars 2. I like it very much. If you don't like it, too bad for you.

>

> Well good for you. There's still servers playing & players such as yourself enjoying it. Unfortunately, with the amount of WvW players that are as active as you & who are enjoying it is pretty much in the minority. So don't expect any patches, fixes or anything new from Anet that will be game changing at anytime soon.

Your argument kind of goes to garbage the instant you dishonestly claim to have the slightest clue how many people play, how long they play, and how much they do or do not enjoy it. Not to mention the plethora of holes in your other arguments.

> @KalasDelRio.8921 said:

> > @"Reaper Alim.4176" said:

> > If you didn't have WvW Vets jumping ship left and right. Sounds like there is now a commander shortage now.

>

> Well yeah, there's that. And I'm struggling to see this Commander shortage tbh. There are enough people with the ability to tag. The problem is; hardly anyone wants to tag up and Pugmand because all the new pugs come into WvW with their PvE glass builds and get one-pushed every time they try to take something that isn't paper. Not to mention the fact that building any type of siege takes roughly about 12 years and people lose their kitten on Team chat as soon as 5 or 6 bois show up to a t3 tower and they don't know how to defend against them for kitten.

>

> I'll say it again; People don't know how to play WvW anymore besides Ktraining paper towers and Spamming 1.

>

So there are one of two conclusions that is true.

A.) People out of the blue forgot how to play WvW one day.

B.) The people who knew how to play WvW stopped playing. Because of one or more of the reasons players been voicing out against.

I'm going to go with event B.) here. Those who knew the game well are either not playing WvW or are playing BDO, ESO, or WoW.

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > @Magira.6390 said:

> > I play the dead mode with great joy about 4 hours a day. And I don't play any PVE or PVP, only the best of guild wars 2. I like it very much. If you don't like it, too bad for you.

>

> Well good for you. There's still servers playing & players such as yourself enjoying it. Unfortunately, with the amount of WvW players that are as active as you & who are enjoying it is pretty much in the minority. So don't expect any patches, fixes or anything new from Anet that will be game changing at anytime soon.

That has nothing to do with the server. I am a solo roamer with the ability to turn whole maps. I just need a deep night.^^

> @Magira.6390 said:

> > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > @Magira.6390 said:

> > > I play the dead mode with great joy about 4 hours a day. And I don't play any PVE or PVP, only the best of guild wars 2. I like it very much. If you don't like it, too bad for you.

> >

> > Well good for you. There's still servers playing & players such as yourself enjoying it. Unfortunately, with the amount of WvW players that are as active as you & who are enjoying it is pretty much in the minority. So don't expect any patches, fixes or anything new from Anet that will be game changing at anytime soon.

>

> That has nothing to do with the server. I am a solo roamer with the ability to turn whole maps. I just need a deep night.^^

& yet, no one cares cuz of it.

> @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > @Magira.6390 said:

> > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > > @Magira.6390 said:

> > > > I play the dead mode with great joy about 4 hours a day. And I don't play any PVE or PVP, only the best of guild wars 2. I like it very much. If you don't like it, too bad for you.

> > >

> > > Well good for you. There's still servers playing & players such as yourself enjoying it. Unfortunately, with the amount of WvW players that are as active as you & who are enjoying it is pretty much in the minority. So don't expect any patches, fixes or anything new from Anet that will be game changing at anytime soon.

> >

> > That has nothing to do with the server. I am a solo roamer with the ability to turn whole maps. I just need a deep night.^^

>

> & yet, no one cares cuz of it.

This will be upgraded until the morning and gives fat points for the server. Then the opponent needs time to conquer in the morning and in the meantime I usually already have reinforcements.

> @Aeolus.3615 said:

> > @Malerian.8435 said:

> > > @"Vieux P.1238" said:

> > > **WvW should be trashed just like ESL.** It's a dead game mode. It has been proven over the years, no matter what Anet do to fix WvW it's not working. There is no other solution but to trash it & implement open world pvp in the regular pve world **in reserved map zone for it**. & they have to implement a system that instead of just fighting for control of castles, players actually fight for something. Like fight for resources such as wood, minerals & plants that must be brought back to there main city and sold to different vendors. The more vendors have resources, the more they can sell buff & other useful items to players of that city. Among other rewards. This promote the real reason to compete. **Money$$$** incentive like in real life. Yes balance is an issue, but is nothing if you have no reason to fight for. And before you go on a rant and post that you dont want pvp in your pve, read my post again. I said **pvp in reserved maps**. Meaning you can still pve in none pvp zones. Think about it.

> >

> > Pretty strong opinion there bud. I love WvW. Sure it has issues. But it is far from dead. I suggest you move on to my little pony online or something. I am fairly certain WvW is not even close to dying. As for incentive I do not need more/better rewards. I go to WvW for the fights in the first place. I could really care less about rewards.

>

> Problem with WvW is the same with spvp... PVE DEV's ONLY...are the only ones alowed to change the game, while pvp dev's work with tied hands.

>

> Actually pve in this game is awfull as kitten, gw2 is the only mmo i had to abolish pve actually enterelly..

>

>

The PvE and the WvW always seem to be a lot different (not anyone though), but having in mind that the builds are different, the gameplay is different, the community is different... It's pretty much a different game.

I guess (with the exception of those who like both modes), people who prefer WvW and hate PvE will always have that preference, and vice versa, mostly because they are so different.

Imagine those game modes being American Football and Rugby. Rugby will alwaysbe more fun... I mean, I didn't say anything, no one read nothing here... Here, have a :cookie: