Poll - Which is your favorite Path of Fire elite specialization.

Cave Rock.4869

I'd love to see a super honest politics behind voting. Like game type etc... I notice spellbreaker is very love, yet its the flavour of the month for the previous strong classes to complain about. Holosmith is wonderful, but merely ok in wvw, but so fun elsewhere it got my vote. Even Scourge is low!

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @MyPuppy.8970 said:

> Well, weaver, cause i'm an ele to the core, and one of the few no one's complaining about.

Hey Mrpuppy (cool name btw) What weapons or build do you run on your Weaver? Originally I was an Elementalist to the core then I became a convert Guardian and now Firebrand. But I often go back and dabble a bit with the Tempest and I am just learning the Weaver. I haven't picked it up very fast just yet, but I often see some nice plays by roaming Weavers in WvW. So I am keen to learn. Even though I usually like to play supportive roles I like the look of the Weavers style of gameplay. I hope you continue to really like your Weaver MrPuppy, and by the way Cheers for being honest with you post from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

P.S. Plus I personally know that the Weaver is in good hands with Karl the balance and skill team dev working on it. That dude knows how to make fun professions that totally rock!

> @"Harry Foud.1935" said:

> I voted for Mirage cause Mesmer is my main. I love that we get the axe. The problem is that Mirage has so many bugs and problems it's just sad. Just read that if you're interested https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/9261/mirage-bugs-and-problems-i-hope-for-a-response-from-anet#latest

> Overall it feels like Mirage just like Renegade got the short end of the stick.

I can't disagree with you on that one to be honest Harry Foud, as I find most of your statement to be correct at the moment. But remember their might be some balance patches once the SPvP season closes (17th of October) or soon after which might improve those two professions current troubles or balance issues.

I know a person who currently plays a core Mesmer and with some support for condition cleanses he is truly a mighty force to be reckoned with at the moment. Additionally I got owned by a Mirage who was outputting a massive amount of conditions primarily confusion and torment on me in WvW, more that what I could cleanse and that is a bucket load.

So I guess what I am saying is that there is also hope for a profession. Trust me persist on with your main Mesmer or Mirage and eventually you will work out some build you will really like to play on a regular basis. Many of these new elites tend to grow on you after awhile, at least that is how I feel about most if not all of them.

Although I can say that I still enjoy the Chronomancer playstyle more than the Mirage, as there seems to be just more variety of roles that it can fulfil. Goodluck with your Mesmer or Mirage Harry Found, from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> @Ghostt.1293 said:

> Reaper till i die cuz of GS reasons

You know what Ghostt, I still enjoy the Reaper playstyle over the Scourges aswell. There is just something about the Death Shroud and Greatsword that makes you feel invincible. But I want to let you know that many Scourges have been owning people in SPvP they are brutal with the condition application on those with boons.

Thanks heaps Ghostt, for being honest about your undecided reasons, from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> @RedSPINE.7845 said:

> I chose Soulbeast because for me, it's the best design for an elite spec, bringing brand new stuff to the original profession but also new ways to use the old stuff, and that's what make this elite spec that good to me. I'm so sad Holosmith or Scrapper didn't use the original engineer tools.

Yeah RedSPINE, your right the playstyle would totally feel different with daggers and no pet. Right that is the way to make an elite, fresh and outside of the box plus fun to play.

Cheers for participating in the discussion from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> @Redfeather.6401 said:

> I am really liking Renegade the best. I think when the poll came out last month I liked Soulbeast?

Hey Redfeather, may i ask why do you like the Renegade best? Is it the shortbow, Kalla Scorchrazer legend or the traits? Or another reason? From the inquisitive Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> @"Agent Noun.7350" said:

> Mirage is an absolute blast to play and I'm actually a little surprised by that. In PvE, at least, you really should just embrace its condition damage focus and never ever let go of that axe, and you'll have a fantastic time.

Agent Noun do you play on Jade Quarry, because I met a particularly nasty axe weilding Mirage in WvW last night whilst I tried to cap bloodlust in the Alpine borderlands. I am from the Sanctum of Ral server by the way. Anyways yeah the condition application and avoidance of damage is incredible. I am glad to hear that someone is having a blast after playing the Mirage for a little bit now.

Cheers Agent Noun for the cool and helpful post from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> @Bish.8627 said:

> I'd love to see a super honest politics behind voting. Like game type etc... I notice spellbreaker is very love, yet its the flavour of the month for the previous strong classes to complain about. Holosmith is wonderful, but merely ok in wvw, but so fun elsewhere it got my vote. Even Scourge is low!

I think that would be a cool idea like favorite elite poll for: PvE, Fractals, Raid, SPvP and WvW. It might help folks to determine what professions work best in which game type. Tbh though I think each has a place in every game mode. It would be interesting to see what others think right at this point of time in the current meta.

Cheers for the idea Bish if you want to do some polls like that I totally don't mind. Although I think one poll at the moment for me is enough to manage it might get tricky with like five. Trust me i know. As at the time I am juggling like six threads and at times it is hard to keep up with replying to everyone who is supporting the discussions. Polls aren't pin so you would need comments for your poll to remain at the top of the forums for more votes. By the thanks for voting on the Holosmith I hope your really liking it! From Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> @"Cave Rock.4869" said:

> > @"Agent Noun.7350" said:

> > Mirage is an absolute blast to play and I'm actually a little surprised by that. In PvE, at least, you really should just embrace its condition damage focus and never ever let go of that axe, and you'll have a fantastic time.

>

> Agent Noun do you play on Jade Quarry, because I met a particularly nasty axe weilding Mirage in WvW last night whilst I tried to cap bloodlust in the Alpine borderlands. I am from the Sanctum of Ral server by the way. Anyways yeah the condition application and avoidance of damage is incredible. I am glad to hear that someone is having a blast after playing the Mirage for a little bit now.

>

> Cheers Agent Noun for the cool and helpful post from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

I don't, but it's good to know other people are out there having a great time axe-murdering people as a Mirage B) It's a real good time.

> > @MyPuppy.8970 said:

> > Well, weaver, cause i'm an ele to the core, and one of the few no one's complaining about.

>

> Hey Mrpuppy (cool name btw) What weapons or build do you run on your Weaver? Originally I was an Elementalist to the core then I became a convert Guardian and now Firebrand. But I often go back and dabble a bit with the Tempest and I am just learning the Weaver. I haven't picked it up very fast just yet, but I often see some nice plays by roaming Weavers in WvW. So I am keen to learn. Even though I usually like to play supportive roles I like the look of the Weavers style of gameplay. I hope you continue to really like your Weaver MrPuppy, and by the way Cheers for being honest with you post from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

>

> P.S. Plus I personally know that the Weaver is in good hands with Karl the balance and skill team dev working on it. That dude knows how to make fun professions that totally rock!

Hey, thanks, in fact it's not my original name; Anet changed it without me noticing. It was originally related to a female dog. That's the Disney effect.

In PvP I play Sword/Dagger Water/Arcane, and I'm having fun with Valkyrie amulet right now. But I test many kinds of stupid setups too. I like the bruiser gameplay, and offhand dagger offers better mobility and harrassment. No invuln/refects, so rangers, deadeye, and pp thieves are sometimes hard to deal with if i'm caught offguard or if i mess up my rotations. I used to play support Staff tempest in previous meta, and d/f a long time ago. I hope sword will get a buff in speed/damage/gap closer but either way i'll stick with it.

In PvE I play Fire/Air Sw/D with something like destroyer stats, a mix and match of what I dropped/looted/crafted. I can't solo bounty champions though.

Haven't WvW for a while, I did pretty much only that for a time.

But yeah it's fun, it's like discovering ele again. Staff needs some love too.

> @Archon.6480 said:

> I voted soulbeast because I am having fun in PvE with it. There is a lot to do. Makes for some fun PVE fights.

>

> The class needs more work to be enjoyable in pvp, but I am confident it will get there.

Archon, yeah some tweaks are need but I am sure it will get to be in a good spot real soon. I think having higher base stats will allow that to happen. Daggers just need some damage increases. Perhaps some more love to the stances also. Plus all the new pets look fun especially the Jacaranda. Cheers for participating in the poll Archon, from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> @JVJD.4912 said:

> I don't really have a favorite,

> i always knew Deadeye and Holosmith would be fantastic and they were

> I was suprised with spellbreaker.......i thought "yeah right ill stay berserker "but it was actually a lot of fun going axe/ off dagger all the way

JVJD, yep axe seems to have made a slight comeback. So would Spellbreaker take you favorite vote?

> @MyPuppy.8970 said:

> > @"Cave Rock.4869" said:

> > > @MyPuppy.8970 said:

> > > Well, weaver, cause i'm an ele to the core, and one of the few no one's complaining about.

> >

> > Hey Mrpuppy (cool name btw) What weapons or build do you run on your Weaver? Originally I was an Elementalist to the core then I became a convert Guardian and now Firebrand. But I often go back and dabble a bit with the Tempest and I am just learning the Weaver. I haven't picked it up very fast just yet, but I often see some nice plays by roaming Weavers in WvW. So I am keen to learn. Even though I usually like to play supportive roles I like the look of the Weavers style of gameplay. I hope you continue to really like your Weaver MrPuppy, and by the way Cheers for being honest with you post from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> >

> > P.S. Plus I personally know that the Weaver is in good hands with Karl the balance and skill team dev working on it. That dude knows how to make fun professions that totally rock!

>

> Hey, thanks, in fact it's not my original name; Anet changed it without me noticing. It was originally related to a female dog. That's the Disney effect.

>

> In PvP I play Sword/Dagger Water/Arcane, and I'm having fun with Valkyrie amulet right now. But I test many kinds of stupid setups too. I like the bruiser gameplay, and offhand dagger offers better mobility and harrassment. No invuln/refects, so rangers, deadeye, and pp thieves are sometimes hard to deal with if i'm caught offguard or if i mess up my rotations. I used to play support Staff tempest in previous meta, and d/f a long time ago. I hope sword will get a buff in speed/damage/gap closer but either way i'll stick with it.

>

> In PvE I play Fire/Air Sw/D with something like destroyer stats, a mix and match of what I dropped/looted/crafted. I can't solo bounty champions though.

>

> Haven't WvW for a while, I did pretty much only that for a time.

>

> But yeah it's fun, it's like discovering ele again. Staff needs some love too.

Hey again MyPuppy, I love the way the sword styles look there is just something about them that makes the Weaver fun to play. Plus I also like the gloves and sword the Weavers get when they specialize. Next to the Holosmith lightsabre they are some of the coolest new items. Cheers MyPuppy for the answer and reply to my question, from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> @Mara.6782 said:

> Weaver is my favored. Always wanted to play air elementalist with bolt. Bad thing is that you dont have much defence. Low hp and armor.

Hey Mara, isn't it absolutely great that you finally got to play the Elementalists the way you really want to by using lightning bolts on mobs or your enemies:). Mostly defense at the moment is about cleansing conditions, which fortunately the Weaver can do quite well. What hurts is the low HP and ARMOR, on a so called bruiser melee build. That really is what makes it complex to play, as you kind on have to joust to win.

I am a fan of the Weaver also, many thanks for your post Mara it was very helpful. Cheers from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> @Archon.6480 said:

> I voted soulbeast because I am having fun in PvE with it. There is a lot to do. Makes for some fun PVE fights.

>

> The class needs more work to be enjoyable in pvp, but I am confident it will get there.

I generally play Ranger as a break from my Necro, so I'm not an expert, but I love Soulbeast. It really feels powerful and strategic and the new Jacaranda is very fun -- both as a pet and to meld with.

@"Cave Rock.4869" I'm a mostly open-world person -- I grab time here and there, so can't really commit to raids, etc, and I'm not so good at PvP -- and if you'd ask me to rank the 9 professions in terms of my limited experience, I'd say:

1. Scourge

2. Soulbeast

3. Deadeye

4. Weaver

5. Mirage

6. Holosmith (flashy, yes, but not sure it has substance, otherwise would rise a rank or two)

The other three I have less experience with. Just jumped to 80 on Warrior and Guardian, so little experience. I've actually made then deleted several Guardians over the years -- couldn't get into it. Revenant has been a mixed bag over time: I like mace, I like hammer, I like some of the aura stuff and tradeoffs, but the energy management is a bit painful (probably like heat management for Holosmith). I want to like the tablet, but I wish there were a way to control it that involved some manual control -- not just a backpack or aura -- but was a bit smarter... maybe the tablet could follow a designated (not the Reveant) player?

> @Druitt.7629 said:

> > @Archon.6480 said:

> > I voted soulbeast because I am having fun in PvE with it. There is a lot to do. Makes for some fun PVE fights.

> >

> > The class needs more work to be enjoyable in pvp, but I am confident it will get there.

>

> I generally play Ranger as a break from my Necro, so I'm not an expert, but I love Soulbeast. It really feels powerful and strategic and the new Jacaranda is very fun -- both as a pet and to meld with.

Hey Druidit (see what i did there) :) my mate felt the same about the Soulbeast although he is the same as you, yet to master it. To me Soulbeast has so many facets to it that it may take people awhile to get the hang of it. Dropping the Druid line for a Ranger must be a difficult choice to make. But I imagine the new pets, beastmode and most stats are well worth it offensively, although it comes as a big cost to your condition cleanses, heals, escapes and all around general survivability. Atleast the Ranger/Soulbeast has a DPS choice now much like the Weaver. I only worry now that they may fall into that Jack of all trades but master of none category. P.S I also like the Jacaranda, for the Hovering factor and the lightning strikes as they look really cool.

Cheers Druiit, for the post from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> @Druitt.7629 said:

> @"Cave Rock.4869" I'm a mostly open-world person -- I grab time here and there, so can't really commit to raids, etc, and I'm not so good at PvP -- and if you'd ask me to rank the 9 professions in terms of my limited experience, I'd say:

> 1. Scourge

> 2. Soulbeast

> 3. Deadeye

> 4. Weaver

> 5. Mirage

> 6. Holosmith (flashy, yes, but not sure it has substance, otherwise would rise a rank or two)

>

> The other three I have less experience with. Just jumped to 80 on Warrior and Guardian, so little experience. I've actually made then deleted several Guardians over the years -- couldn't get into it. Revenant has been a mixed bag over time: I like mace, I like hammer, I like some of the aura stuff and tradeoffs, but the energy management is a bit painful (probably like heat management for Holosmith). I want to like the tablet, but I wish there were a way to control it that involved some manual control -- not just a backpack or aura -- but was a bit smarter... maybe the tablet could follow a designated (not the Reveant) player?

Hey again Druiit, thanks for your ranking of the new elite specializations. I also liked your idea about the Revenant Ventari tablet, perhaps have like a tag like option to it and then the tablet can follow the caster or allies base on the chosen preset target. I wonder if that could be implemented. Another thing the Revenant needs is more condition cleanses if it were to become more of a viable option.

Cheers Druiit, for making me ponder whether that might change in the future or not. Once again from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> @Lyger.5429 said:

> Poll was made way too early. Best time to get the most accurate results would have been ~ 2-3 weeks after PoF release. But to answer the question, I'd say Spellbreaker, lots of fun learning it in PvP this season.

Hey Lyger, I will have to remember that for the next expansion. Unfortunately I thought that after a couple of weeks playing I suspected that people would not want to vote on a poll, as the hype might have worn off. Plus by that stage many current players had already known, heard or seen about the new elite specializations prior to the their launch or even played them in the demo weekends. So some folks had already seen em in action in the first PoF PvE zone or SPvP weekends, therefore having had about 1 weeks worth of knowledge give or take a few days.

Also that is a really great choice you made with the Spellbreaker, it should serve you incredibly well in SPvP or WvW. Now with so much resistance they are hard to bring down atleast by condition damage builds. All the while still healing a lot and doing plenty of damage. Warriors in general are such a well rounded profession in most cases, except for healing others and giving support. Anything else and they are perfectly capable to such as power or condition damage builds etc.

Any way Cheers for your honest opinions and I will note that down about elite specialization polls for the future in regards to time posted. Many thanks Lyger from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> > @Lyger.5429 said:

> > Poll was made way too early. Best time to get the most accurate results would have been ~ 2-3 weeks after PoF release. But to answer the question, I'd say Spellbreaker, lots of fun learning it in PvP this season.

>

> Hey Lyger, I will have to remember that for the next expansion. Unfortunately I thought that after a couple of weeks playing I suspected that people would not want to vote on a poll, as the hype might have worn off. Plus by that stage many current players had already known, heard or seen about the new elite specializations prior to the their launch or even played them in the demo weekends. So some folks had already seen em in action in the first PoF PvE zone or SPvP weekends, therefore having had about 1 weeks worth of knowledge give or take a few days.

>

> Also that is a really great choice you made with the Spellbreaker, it should serve you incredibly well in SPvP or WvW. Now with so much resistance they are hard to bring down atleast by condition damage builds. All the while still healing a lot and doing plenty of damage. Warriors in general are such a well rounded profession in most cases, except for healing others and giving support. Anything else and they are perfectly capable to such as power or condition damage builds etc.

>

> Any way Cheers for your honest opinions and I will note that down about elite specialization polls for the future in regards to time posted. Many thanks Lyger from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

No worries and thanks for sharing your reasoning. I also think that nerfs and buffs have a pretty big impact on what people deem as their favorite class, as silly as that might be at times but it's understandable. I would like to see how popular holosmith would be after the nerfs in PvP, maybe not much would have changed, but who knows.

> @Lyger.5429 said:

> > @"Cave Rock.4869" said:

> > > @Lyger.5429 said:

> > > Poll was made way too early. Best time to get the most accurate results would have been ~ 2-3 weeks after PoF release. But to answer the question, I'd say Spellbreaker, lots of fun learning it in PvP this season.

> >

> > Hey Lyger, I will have to remember that for the next expansion. Unfortunately I thought that after a couple of weeks playing I suspected that people would not want to vote on a poll, as the hype might have worn off. Plus by that stage many current players had already known, heard or seen about the new elite specializations prior to the their launch or even played them in the demo weekends. So some folks had already seen em in action in the first PoF PvE zone or SPvP weekends, therefore having had about 1 weeks worth of knowledge give or take a few days.

> >

> > Also that is a really great choice you made with the Spellbreaker, it should serve you incredibly well in SPvP or WvW. Now with so much resistance they are hard to bring down atleast by condition damage builds. All the while still healing a lot and doing plenty of damage. Warriors in general are such a well rounded profession in most cases, except for healing others and giving support. Anything else and they are perfectly capable to such as power or condition damage builds etc.

> >

> > Any way Cheers for your honest opinions and I will note that down about elite specialization polls for the future in regards to time posted. Many thanks Lyger from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

>

> No worries and thanks for sharing your reasoning. I also think that nerfs and buffs have a pretty big impact on what people deem as their favorite class, as silly as that might be at times but it's understandable. I would like to see how popular holosmith would be after the nerfs in PvP, maybe not much would have changed, but who knows.

Hey Lyger, I totally understand if the elite specialization hot fixes had not gone through this poll would have been legitimately solid without a doubt. I still think it is reasonably close to as best that we can get. I still saw plenty of Holosmiths during the SPvP ranked season and the odd one or two every night (Australian EST) in WvW.

Although these are the elites I tend to see making up an SPvP team. 2 Scourges (condition /corruption of boons), 1 Daredevil thief (hard to tell if they are Deadeye, but most seem to be Daredevil. For far point assaults and decaps), Firebrand (mostly team heal and support based) and a Spellbreaker (for boon removal and roaming decaps)

Now sometimes I see Mirages but not very often, who play home defence and assistance mid when possible. Occasionally I see Rangers from time to time as they are used to attack the Scourges from distance. In an attempt to break the cycle of death :) Holosmiths tend to be fairly well played but are rare in SPvP. WEAVERS are the rarest in this current meta for SPvP, atleast at my rank in the mid ranges. Your more likely to see Elementalists playing Tempests as support still.

Just my two cents and current perspective on the meta in mostly gold teir 1/2 ranked SPvP as it stands/stood at the moment, now that the season ended yesterday. How does everyone else feel post the ranked season in regards to the new elites and what seemed to be played often? From Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.