Poll - Which is your favorite Path of Fire elite specialization.

Cave Rock.4869

Hey all, anymore votes as to your favorite of the nine new elite specializations from the Path of Fire expansion? After having had a few weeks to sink your teeth into them, which one would you vote for still?

Cheers for all the thread views, comments and vote participation. Many thanks from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't pick. Honestly.

I've only tried a few.

Deadeye: I already liked my thief with pistols, so Deadeye just made it so much better. I never used or tried Daredevil as I wasn't interested in melee whatsoever.

Mirage: I loathed Mesmer. I've tried it many times and just loathed it. I started to just level one to help port my friends when they needed it and ended up trying Mirage and adored it to death. Made a class I despise into an awesome class for me.

Renegade: I loathed playing Revenant and only because one day I forgot to delete it, I decided to just level it to 80 and then delete it... then PoF was announced and I decided to wait on Renegade because "ooh range", then realized it was utter crap (once again... opinion).

Scourge: I like core Necro, hate Reaper, decided to try Scourge and I just didn't like it one bit. Felt glasscannony compared to core Necro with a ton of damage (before nerf), but not great at surviving as barrier can only go so far when you try to have a build based on either power or condition. That and I don't like support gameplay in any online game.

Other than those, I haven't tried any other elite class so I can't judge them. Not really interested in trying them either as none of the rest seems either mid or long range.

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> I can't pick. Honestly.

> I've only tried a few.

>

> Deadeye: I already liked my thief with pistols, so Deadeye just made it so much better. I never used or tried Daredevil as I wasn't interested in melee whatsoever.

>

> Mirage: I loathed Mesmer. I've tried it many times and just loathed it. I started to just level one to help port my friends when they needed it and ended up trying Mirage and adored it to death. Made a class I despise into an awesome class for me.

>

> Renegade: I loathed playing Revenant and only because one day I forgot to delete it, I decided to just level it to 80 and then delete it... then PoF was announced and I decided to wait on Renegade because "ooh range", then realized it was utter crap (once again... opinion).

>

> Scourge: I like core Necro, hate Reaper, decided to try Scourge and I just didn't like it one bit. Felt glasscannony compared to core Necro with a ton of damage (before nerf), but not great at surviving as barrier can only go so far when you try to have a build based on either power or condition. That and I don't like support gameplay in any online game.

>

> Other than those, I haven't tried any other elite class so I can't judge them. Not really interested in trying them either as none of the rest seems either mid or long range.

Hey Ayumi, I can totally understand where your coming from as the way i see it some of these new elite specializations are very niche related much like the HoT ones. They fulfill an important role in many different game types and depending what mode you play some of these elites just don't match up to what you expected. But that is one very difficult task for Arenanet to achieve, in making everybody happy with their mains new role. As you have to mix things up and make it new and fresh or at least different than the last time. I wouldn't want to be a dev having to coming up with these ideas, personally i would think it could stress me out totally. I give all the teams working on them props for the amazing job that they did. To be honest i hope you end up developing a taste for at least one or two of em like i have so far, perhaps in the future after more testing i will like others but now i am settled on liking the Firebrand, Weaver and Spellbreaker.

Cheers Ayumi for the honest post as it takes alot to say how you truly feel on public forums because you don't want others to come along and hate on you. Although we are really lucky on these forums that most everybody is really supportive and thoughtful in their responses to other people. Many thanks for the post from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> @"Cave Rock.4869" said:

> > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > I can't pick. Honestly.

> > I've only tried a few.

> >

> > Deadeye: I already liked my thief with pistols, so Deadeye just made it so much better. I never used or tried Daredevil as I wasn't interested in melee whatsoever.

> >

> > Mirage: I loathed Mesmer. I've tried it many times and just loathed it. I started to just level one to help port my friends when they needed it and ended up trying Mirage and adored it to death. Made a class I despise into an awesome class for me.

> >

> > Renegade: I loathed playing Revenant and only because one day I forgot to delete it, I decided to just level it to 80 and then delete it... then PoF was announced and I decided to wait on Renegade because "ooh range", then realized it was utter crap (once again... opinion).

> >

> > Scourge: I like core Necro, hate Reaper, decided to try Scourge and I just didn't like it one bit. Felt glasscannony compared to core Necro with a ton of damage (before nerf), but not great at surviving as barrier can only go so far when you try to have a build based on either power or condition. That and I don't like support gameplay in any online game.

> >

> > Other than those, I haven't tried any other elite class so I can't judge them. Not really interested in trying them either as none of the rest seems either mid or long range.

>

> Hey Ayumi, I can totally understand where your coming from as the way i see it some of these new elite specializations are very niche related much like the HoT ones. They fulfill an important role in many different game types and depending what mode you play some of these elites just don't match up to what you expected. But that is one very difficult task for Arenanet to achieve, in making everybody happy with their mains new role. As you have to mix things up and make it new and fresh or at least different than the last time. I wouldn't want to be a dev having to coming up with these ideas, personally i would think it could stress me out totally. I give all the teams working on them props for the amazing job that they did. To be honest i hope you end up developing a taste for at least one or two of em like i have so far, perhaps in the future after more testing i will like others but now i am settled on liking the Firebrand, Weaver and Spellbreaker.

>

> Cheers Ayumi for the honest post as it takes alot to say how you truly feel on public forums because you don't want others to come along and hate on you. Although we are really lucky on these forums that most everybody is really supportive and thoughtful in their responses to other people. Many thanks for the post from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

Firebrand I can try out when I get enough Hero Points on Guardian. Was the latest character I created after trying out Dragonhunter and really liking it.

Weaver I really want to try out. Actually, want to completely retry Elementalist, but I just haven't really gotten to fully try it past level 15. Could probably see myself liking Weaver though.

Spellbreaker is in the same situation as Weaver as originally was looking through for range classes when I checked out Warrior. Got it up to around 15 or 20 as well and wasn't enjoying rifle on it. About a few days ago, I've been meaning to just try out Warrior again and seeing it just as a melee class and forget the range on it.

Holosmith and Firebrand easily, although Holosmith did a complete 180 there. Finally the class is playable without annoying gadgets and weapon kits and this "lazer man" melee play style rocks.

I'd also vote for Scourge and Soulbeast but their changes were not really "visual". It's mostly a power creep buff. Feels like playing the same build in the end

> @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > @"Cave Rock.4869" said:

> > > @"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:

> > > I can't pick. Honestly.

> > > I've only tried a few.

> > >

> > > Deadeye: I already liked my thief with pistols, so Deadeye just made it so much better. I never used or tried Daredevil as I wasn't interested in melee whatsoever.

> > >

> > > Mirage: I loathed Mesmer. I've tried it many times and just loathed it. I started to just level one to help port my friends when they needed it and ended up trying Mirage and adored it to death. Made a class I despise into an awesome class for me.

> > >

> > > Renegade: I loathed playing Revenant and only because one day I forgot to delete it, I decided to just level it to 80 and then delete it... then PoF was announced and I decided to wait on Renegade because "ooh range", then realized it was utter crap (once again... opinion).

> > >

> > > Scourge: I like core Necro, hate Reaper, decided to try Scourge and I just didn't like it one bit. Felt glasscannony compared to core Necro with a ton of damage (before nerf), but not great at surviving as barrier can only go so far when you try to have a build based on either power or condition. That and I don't like support gameplay in any online game.

> > >

> > > Other than those, I haven't tried any other elite class so I can't judge them. Not really interested in trying them either as none of the rest seems either mid or long range.

> >

> > Hey Ayumi, I can totally understand where your coming from as the way i see it some of these new elite specializations are very niche related much like the HoT ones. They fulfill an important role in many different game types and depending what mode you play some of these elites just don't match up to what you expected. But that is one very difficult task for Arenanet to achieve, in making everybody happy with their mains new role. As you have to mix things up and make it new and fresh or at least different than the last time. I wouldn't want to be a dev having to coming up with these ideas, personally i would think it could stress me out totally. I give all the teams working on them props for the amazing job that they did. To be honest i hope you end up developing a taste for at least one or two of em like i have so far, perhaps in the future after more testing i will like others but now i am settled on liking the Firebrand, Weaver and Spellbreaker.

> >

> > Cheers Ayumi for the honest post as it takes alot to say how you truly feel on public forums because you don't want others to come along and hate on you. Although we are really lucky on these forums that most everybody is really supportive and thoughtful in their responses to other people. Many thanks for the post from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

>

> Firebrand I can try out when I get enough Hero Points on Guardian. Was the latest character I created after trying out Dragonhunter and really liking it.

> Weaver I really want to try out. Actually, want to completely retry Elementalist, but I just haven't really gotten to fully try it past level 15. Could probably see myself liking Weaver though.

> Spellbreaker is in the same situation as Weaver as originally was looking through for range classes when I checked out Warrior. Got it up to around 15 or 20 as well and wasn't enjoying rifle on it. About a few days ago, I've been meaning to just try out Warrior again and seeing it just as a melee class and forget the range on it.

Give the elite specializations a try out in the SPvP lobby the Mists.

> @ZeftheWicked.3076 said:

> Can't say i'm surprised at scourge abysmally low popularity. Scourge seems like a spec that's great to play but revolting to look at.

>

> I voted for renegade (despite being necro main). Kalla skills may suck, F skills be questionable, but the weapon was badly needed (finally ranged dps), and the traitline is diamonds - so many new builds available with free crit chance, ferocity, condi damage or condi damage reduction!

except new builds (except condi damage) are being abandoned as they sacrifice Glint.

And SB does less damage compared to hammer, that also has far more defensive and variety options and better range.

Even condi builds often use Jalis instead of Kalla and mostly never use SB.

> @Amasoful.2690 said:

> Only Tested Spellbreaker in PvP and played Firebrand and Deadeye in PvE, still not done testing all.

Hey there Amasoful, that's great your working your way through all the elite specializations and currently in testing to see which you enjoy the most. I personally really enjoy the Firebrand still. I like to tinker with the Weaver because it's cool :) I am tempted though to make a Scourge but my computer is not good enough for that kind of playstyle. At the start I made a Spellbreaker, they are really fun but predictable, so he is on the bench at the moment but he might get a turn here or there. But I am just having too much fun on the Firebrand and Weaver to not play them at the moment while it lasts.

By the way thanks for the great post, sorry it took a bit to reply. My apologies from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> @mbhalo.1547 said:

> As ele main before the launch i was hyped mostly about weaver and holosmith. After trying out all 9 elite specs the most i enjoyed playing were soulbeast and mirage (hate both druid and chrono).

Hmm you have inspired me to tinker with the Soulbeast when I get time. I hear they can do some amazing crits like in the 21k range with a skill called worldly impact. It is in the feline pet family skills, atleast this damage was on a light amour target. But still that is like a one shot for some people with low base health pools.

Cheers for the post Mbhalo, many thanks from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42. Enjoy that Soulbeast :)

> @Phil.7369 said:

> Holosmith and Firebrand easily, although Holosmith did a complete 180 there. Finally the class is playable without annoying gadgets and weapon kits and this "lazer man" melee play style rocks.

> I'd also vote for Scourge and Soulbeast but their changes were not really "visual". It's mostly a power creep buff. Feels like playing the same build in the end

Hey Phil, yeah the flashiness of Holosmith is why so many people have gravitated to it and plus you get a light sabre. Who could pass up on that weapon it just looks flat out cool. I hope your still really enjoying the Holosmith and other elite specializations like the Scourge and Soulbeast.

I wonder how much the up coming balance patches will change or modify the meta?

> @DanScott.4839 said:

> It's funny to see the forum profile pictures against each vote, they seem to be mostly the class of where the vote went :P

Hey DanScott, yeah I love to see if people stuck it out with their vote or changed their mind. But your right most stayed with their main or choice by the look of it. I am glad I made the poll public now because at the start I though it would be an invasion of peoples privacy but hey it all worked out for the best.

Btw mate thanks for supporting the Weaver. What build are you running, just out of personal interest?

Many thanks for the vote and post, from Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

> @Draeyon.4392 said:

> My main is ranger but I chose firebrand. Just an overall good elite spec (for WvW).

Hey there Draeyon, my main is a Firebrand and I can't agree more! It just has everything you need for most situations, well for support builds at least. Damage builds are just lacking something in my opinion. Perhaps it's the lack of multiple conditions or weapon skill damage amounts.

I mainly WvW also, I am really glad someone else likes the Firebrand as much as I do! Cheers for the vote for my favorite profession and new elite specialization. From Cave Rock and Bluevoltron42.

The Firebrand and Scourge are so close to breaking the 100 vote mark. Whilst the Holosmith still keeps powering on ahead with 129 votes. The Weaver and Spellbreaker holds on to good positions. While the Soulbeast, Mirage and definitely the Renegade struggle at the moment. To me the Deadeye seems more of an outlier, started of good but now might be dropping off a bit.

By the way all cheers and many thanks for all the votes and great comments since these new elites specializations came out with Path of Fire.

> @"Cave Rock.4869" said:

> Vote now and choose wisely perhaps by selecting the elite specialization that matches your main character. If your having trouble deciding and need some information or advice why not stop by and watch/listen to my presentation/discussion on the nine new elite specializations coming with the second expansion for Guild Wars 2 when Path of Fire launches on the 22nd of September 2017. The list/options of elite specializations were placed in Alphabetical order. It is no reflection of my personal preferences or subjective bias. I wish to remain as impartial as possible but helpful. An undecided listing/option was added for either people who could not chose, refused or intends to stay with core or Heart of Thorns elite specializations.

>

>

The reason I am 'undecided' is that to play these new specs, no one is giving any hints like they did at the beginning of the game. I don't die on my main profession, but I die on each and every one of the new elites no matter which toon or what build I use. "L2P" isn't funny when the ADA knows our ability to learn is different, but companies won't honor laws that are supposed to protect us from inequalities if we are able to learn at all.

Some of us have 'hands on' learning styles that are lifelong, and players used to be very helpful, but now finding anyone who wants to teach

how to play any profession or spec seems to be out of reach of most players with closed off guilds and raiders, wvw'ers, and fractal players.

The game is not even scratched for its potential with combos not understood by most - and I mean specific not 'blast' or 'water' etc fields. Fights I've won lately have been because someone listened to me about my need to have a specific skill to do the most cleanses and/or damage.

Anet, teach us to play, don't leave us to flounder out here because our learning difference is so profound that we need to be taught to become

good players who are valued by others.

I can play one profession well, but all know how disrespected some Rangers are no matter how well they do or how much they contribute to the commander not dying or dozens of players revived in a Tangled Depths fight in two to three lanes, I need to learn other professions well to be useful to others in some gaming modes.

**We can be taught, but we can't be decent without help you aren't giving but used to be player generated.**

> @Grissman.2845 said:

> At this point im commited. There HAS to be a way to make it work.

Hey Grissman, I feel the same way about the Deadeye. best advice i can give is do not play a Deadeye in ranked :( as you will be hunted down and farmed. WVW not so much.

Cheers for the post from Bluevoltron42 and Cave Rock.4869 as the vote and post were much appreciated.

> @atheria.2837 said:

> > @"Cave Rock.4869" said:

> > Vote now and choose wisely perhaps by selecting the elite specialization that matches your main character. If your having trouble deciding and need some information or advice why not stop by and watch/listen to my presentation/discussion on the nine new elite specializations coming with the second expansion for Guild Wars 2 when Path of Fire launches on the 22nd of September 2017. The list/options of elite specializations were placed in Alphabetical order. It is no reflection of my personal preferences or subjective bias. I wish to remain as impartial as possible but helpful. An undecided listing/option was added for either people who could not chose, refused or intends to stay with core or Heart of Thorns elite specializations.

> >

> >

>

> The reason I am 'undecided' is that to play these new specs, no one is giving any hints like they did at the beginning of the game. I don't die on my main profession, but I die on each and every one of the new elites no matter which toon or what build I use. "L2P" isn't funny when the ADA knows our ability to learn is different, but companies won't honor laws that are supposed to protect us from inequalities if we are able to learn at all.

>

> Some of us have 'hands on' learning styles that are lifelong, and players used to be very helpful, but now finding anyone who wants to teach

> how to play any profession or spec seems to be out of reach of most players with closed off guilds and raiders, wvw'ers, and fractal players.

>

> The game is not even scratched for its potential with combos not understood by most - and I mean specific not 'blast' or 'water' etc fields. Fights I've won lately have been because someone listened to me about my need to have a specific skill to do the most cleanses and/or damage.

>

> Anet, teach us to play, don't leave us to flounder out here because our learning difference is so profound that we need to be taught to become

> good players who are valued by others.

>

> I can play one profession well, but all know how disrespected some Rangers are no matter how well they do or how much they contribute to the commander not dying or dozens of players revived in a Tangled Depths fight in two to three lanes, I need to learn other professions well to be useful to others in some gaming modes.

>

> **We can be taught, but we can't be decent without help you aren't giving but used to be player generated.**

Atheria, I kinda feel exactly like you. BUT perhaps my troubles are related to having a terrible laptop. I can only effectively play the Firebrand, all the rest are so twitch based or dependent on actions per minute, that I struggled to make them work.

I felt I could learn and play the Heart of Thorns professions much better and easier. :( But that's not to say I haven't seen others play the new elites exceptionally well because I have. I wish I were half as good as them with atleast a couple of the other elites but sadly I am just not.

I think though if I had a gaming computer and could practice with the elites I would figure em out but it is still not the case for a very long time for me. Debt and medical bills due to my cancer

:( are stopping that dream from happening at the moment.

Btw I hope you figure out the elites soon Atheria, cheers for the post from Bluevoltron42 and Cave Rock.4869.

804 votes later and the clear winner of this poll is the HOLOSMITH! Close runners up being the Scourge, Firebrand and Weaver. Perhaps it will be the Mesmers, Rangers, Revenant and Warriors turn next expansion who knows.

Well personally I would like to thank everyone of you, who took the time to vote or post about your feelings or expectations of the nine new elite specializations that came with the second expansion Path of Fire.

The poll has now officially concluded. Thanks for the support and enthusiasm shown for this great poll and discussion thread, it has been much appreciated from Bluevoltron42 and Cave Rock.4869.