Spellbreaker has 32 seconds of resistance in a 1v3, never even pops healing signet

coro.3176

They are still defending it because they need the class to be OP to carry them into higher ranks in PvP. Its that simple really. SB now, and pre-nerfed DH, carried people into higher divisions in PvP than what they actually play at, due to the class being overtuned. Combine that with the fact that by far most people aren't aware of their own skill levels and believe that they are at a higher skill level than whatever tier they are in (always the other 4 teammates' faults, or poor matchmaking, or other excuses), and you get people who are carried by an overtuned class into the division they _believe_ they are supposed to be in. This leads them to think that "since I'm in the right division skill wise" that there is nothing wrong with the class and everyone else is in the wrong about SB.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pre-nerfed DH (the full trap variety that bronze league heroes complained about) had a skill cap of ruby and was roflstomped by any competent bruiser in 1v1.

SB you can basically stare at only your skill bar playing rotation/cooldown simulator and get carried into top 250, play it slightly better than that and look at your opponent occasionally and you can far rush 1vx all game into top 100.

> @Darknicrofia.2604 said:

> SB you can basically stare at only your skill bar playing rotation/cooldown simulator and get carried into top 250, play it slightly better than that and look at your opponent occasionally and you can far rush 1vx all game into top 100.

Had a guildie do exactly this. Day 2 when PoF was released, he hopped on his warrior which he hadn't played in about 3 months, and proceeded kill another guildie who pretty much only plays condi mesmer and has roamed/pvped on it for over a year and a half now. On one hand, the pre-nerf FC was carrying him in terms of damage, but just watching the condi mes struggle to deal any damage for about 2-3 minutes was pretty entertaining.

> @Darknicrofia.2604 said:

> > @otto.5684 said:

> > > @Crossaber.8934 said:

> > > A warrior with whatever amulet, must stay in melee range to be effective, and by class design choice, it is warrior's job.

> > > With now cc on the fly, condition spam cancer-meta, warrior are given pulsing stability and pulsing resistance allowing a warrior to do their job is a only choice Anet can do.

> > > I am not saying i am happy with this result, cc and condi spam should be changed in order to give breathing air for resistance and stability down tune. I want to see more diversity on warrior, less stability, less resistance as much as you do, but the current meta is not letting it happens.

> >

> > /Sarcasm on

> >

> > Hey, I play none FB guardian and surprise, I need to be in melee range to be effective!

> >

> > Now I want access to 100% uptime resistance with high uptime on stability, and an 8 sec block that does AOE daze, good damage and copy 5 condis to everyone.

> >

> > Thanks

> >

> > /Sarcasm off

> >

> > Get TFO

>

> I'd rather get unblockable daze ToF trap back, its recharge is 3x that of FC, so I think to balance things out, the daze should last 3x as long and do 12k damage.

Why not? And Why 24 sec CD? 8 sec is enough.

As for the damage let’s need it from 12k to 10k. We do not want it to be OP ?

> @Adaneshade.2409 said:

> No one has stated the obvious solution here in a non-Pug situation... Just have a couple of direct damage melee builds (thief/power warrior/power reaper/etc) maybe it's time to stop thinking of Condi as so "meta".

there is no power build that can 1v1 spellbreaker with same skill level .you can't hard cc him . you can't soft cc him and how you land your burst on a build with evade on weapon skill , good gap close skill , long duration block , good healing over time on passive , maybe you should try it yourself before saying something like that . and power reaper lol .it's not like every pvp player can only play one build except those people who got carried by spellbroken i guess. it's funny in other thread one guy kept talking nonsense like thief or mes can 1v1 spellbreaker then sind told him no , and he still tried to twist words and claim sind didn't mean a no .sind had to directly say nope ,thief

can't 1v1 spellbreaker twice lol . if you watch sind stream . he eve died to spellbreaker when he was +1 helping zan who was running power holosmith .

it is wrong , spellbreaker can get immunity to one type of dmg without any effort .

but

power build won't do any better against sb but will die much faster .

See, if I'd been 1v1-ing this spellbreaker, I'm sure they would have used healing signet a few times to add an additional 6 seconds per activation. That would bring the total resistance up to ~44s straight.

Now, assuming I manage to avoid tripping FC every time, that cuts a lot of resist off ... but it's still nearly 30s straight. That's a LONG time. I could alt-tab, reply to this post, then go back before the resistance is over.

> @musu.9205 said:

> > @Adaneshade.2409 said:

> > No one has stated the obvious solution here in a non-Pug situation... Just have a couple of direct damage melee builds (thief/power warrior/power reaper/etc) maybe it's time to stop thinking of Condi as so "meta".

>

> there is no power build that can 1v1 spellbreaker with same skill level .you can't hard cc him . you can't soft cc him and how you land your burst on a build with evade on weapon skill , good gap close skill , long duration block , good healing over time on passive , maybe you should try it yourself before saying something like that . and power reaper lol .it's not like every pvp player can only play one build except those people who got carried by spellbroken i guess. it's funny in other thread one guy kept talking nonsense like thief or mes can 1v1 spellbreaker then sind told him no , and he still tried to twist words and claim sind didn't mean a no .sind had to directly say nope ,thief

> can't 1v1 spellbreaker twice lol . if you watch sind stream . he eve died to spellbreaker when he was +1 helping zan who was running power holosmith .

> it is wrong , spellbreaker can get immunity to one type of dmg without any effort .

> but

> power build won't do any better against sb but will die much faster .

I win vast majority of the 1v1s on core guardian, retaliation build: sword/shield scepter/focus. Holosmitb, ranger, power Mirage and power rev should have the advantage. Though time is a huge limitation.

The reason SB is broken has nothing to do with their solo capability potencial, but thier ability to avoid getting attacked for prolonged period of time and gaining advantage when attacked by multiple opponents. Not to mention the ridiculous uptime on resistance.

> @otto.5684 said:

> > @musu.9205 said:

> > > @Adaneshade.2409 said:

> > > No one has stated the obvious solution here in a non-Pug situation... Just have a couple of direct damage melee builds (thief/power warrior/power reaper/etc) maybe it's time to stop thinking of Condi as so "meta".

> >

> > there is no power build that can 1v1 spellbreaker with same skill level .you can't hard cc him . you can't soft cc him and how you land your burst on a build with evade on weapon skill , good gap close skill , long duration block , good healing over time on passive , maybe you should try it yourself before saying something like that . and power reaper lol .it's not like every pvp player can only play one build except those people who got carried by spellbroken i guess. it's funny in other thread one guy kept talking nonsense like thief or mes can 1v1 spellbreaker then sind told him no , and he still tried to twist words and claim sind didn't mean a no .sind had to directly say nope ,thief

> > can't 1v1 spellbreaker twice lol . if you watch sind stream . he eve died to spellbreaker when he was +1 helping zan who was running power holosmith .

> > it is wrong , spellbreaker can get immunity to one type of dmg without any effort .

> > but

> > power build won't do any better against sb but will die much faster .

>

> I win vast majority of the 1v1s on core guardian, retaliation build: sword/shield scepter/focus. Holosmitb, ranger, power Mirage and power rev should have the advantage. Though time is a huge limitation.

>

> The reason SB is broken has nothing to do with their solo capability potencial, but thier ability to avoid getting attacked for prolonged period of time and gaining advantage when attacked by multiple opponents. Not to mention the ridiculous uptime on resistance.

i won my 1v1 against sb on sword weaver too . but let's be honest , it's usually not equal skill .

sb is broken coz their ability to avoid getting attacked for prolonged period on top of their solo capability . it's not like that they can't do it in 1v1 anyway . it just highlights this when they doing 1v3 .

and holo has a chance to cc after last stand , actually land their dmg and they have enough sustain dmg to force sb stance. but they do not have any advantage against spellbreaker . power mirage would need to run boon removal utility (boon removal on shatter isn't enough ) and pray for rng .not to mention mesmer AI is free full counter and it will destroy most of clones AKA mes dmg source .

and power rev lol, if war don't dodge any obvious cc from rev or use full counter on rev sword 3 or their glint stance aoe . maybe .

let me ask this , have you tried those builds against sb with equal skill , not just hearing that from someone or saw that helseth 1v1 sb . also even they can 1v1 sb , its hardly considered as they have advantage . meta SB is best 1v1 build that's why they rush far point to begin with ,its role is defined by its solo capability .we just had that false belief thief can 1v1 sb got busted, now people are saying many power build has advantage lol.

watch EU tournament ,they have power rev and holosmith , none of them have advantage against sb .power mirage or power ranger didn't even exist .