Necro has waaay too many crit traits, why not rework some of them into something different?

Refia Montes.3205

I'm thinking of some of the traits that are actually good but are overshadowed by Decimate Defenses. Particularly I'm looking at Soul Reaping's Death Perception. Rework Death Perception, so that it becomes awesome in Shroud.

Sacrificial Shroud

Shroud skills remove 8% of your Life Force. Shroud Skills deal 30% additional damage.

I came up with this idea while looking at one of the threads here. Should provide Necromancer a really strong option to buff Shroud.

> @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> I'm thinking of some of the traits that are actually good but are overshadowed by Decimate Defenses. Particularly I'm looking at Soul Reaping's Death Perception. Rework Death Perception, so that it becomes awesome in Shroud.

Decimate Defenses is a PvE trait, Death Perception is a PvP trait. It's already awesome in Shroud: it gives you the chance to reach 100% crit easily.

> Sacrificial Shroud

> Shroud skills remove 8% of your Life Force. Shroud Skills deal 30% additional damage.

>

> I came up with this idea while looking at one of the threads here. Should provide Necromancer a really strong option to buff Shroud.

>

>

Reaper's Onslaught 2.0? I agree that we should be able to gain DPS when in shroud but I think this isn't the right way to do it.

And we even need something challenging when it comes to rotations, maybe turning Death Spiral and Ghastly Claws (our power life force building skills) into sequence skills that, like Fist Flurry, can be casted only when the skill fully hit the target.

>**Death Spiral sequence**: Deal increased damage for each condition on a foe

> Cost: 30% Life Force; Instant cast; CD=Death Spiral CD; damage increase: 2%; (available for 3 seconds, last 9 seconds)

> Auditive and visive tells: "I am Death!" gain a dark vortex like aura

>**Ghastly Claws sequence**: Deal damage when applying vulnerability .

> Cost: 20% Life Force; Instant cast; CD=Ghastly Claws CD; damage: 100*(0,1); (available for 3 seconds, last 9 seconds)

> Auditive and visive tells: "I bring the Pain!" a giant green skull over the caster's head

And doing so even Unyielding Blast and half of Spite trait line could increase our dps. Good!

Yeah true, Decimate Defenses is pretty bad in PvP and Death Perception is good in PvP. But... at the moment nobody wants a Power Reaper in PvP.> @Lahmia.2193 said:

> > @Crinn.7864 said:

> > Your idea literally destroys power reaper in PvP.

> >

> > Do remember that 25 stacks if vuln are not a given outside of instanced PvE.

>

> Then lets change Decimate Defenses to +1% crit chance and crit damage per vuln stack.

That's way too much... no single class has that much % damage in one trait... but then again maybe it's what Reaper really needs to push it to Viable status.

26k*1.25=32k dps! Pretty viable range for a really easy rotation.

I think it would be better if we change Reaper's Onslaught into this rather than Death Perception? Cause currently Reaper's Onslaught just doesn't work (it's okay but it's not that great)

Thought of the idea since in PvE most optimal rotations of Reaper, would be to PoP into shroud do all skills m and then return to auto attacking with any weapon set you have. A Grandmaster trait like this would encourage the building of Life Force and actually trying to maximize the amount of damage before you can pop out of Shroud.

> Yeah true, Decimate Defenses is pretty bad in PvP and Death Perception is good in PvP. But... at the moment nobody wants a Power Reaper in PvP.

This old guard dog isn't loved anymore, we must kill it. New title for reapers with x hours: the unwanted.

I love reaper and I will keep playing it, even if the power creep could push me from plat to bronze.

> @Vitali.5039 said:

> > @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> > Yeah true, Decimate Defenses is pretty bad in PvP and Death Perception is good in PvP. But... at the moment nobody wants a Power Reaper in PvP.

> This old guard dog isn't loved anymore, we must kill it. New title for reapers with x hours: the unwanted.

>

> I love reaper and I will keep playing it, even if the power creep could push me from plat to bronze.

Well, wouldn't a 30% damage increase in shroud with less uptime better in some regards? Turns Reaper into a Holosmith XD

> > @Vitali.5039 said:

> > > @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> > > Yeah true, Decimate Defenses is pretty bad in PvP and Death Perception is good in PvP. But... at the moment nobody wants a Power Reaper in PvP.

> > This old guard dog isn't loved anymore, we must kill it. New title for reapers with x hours: the unwanted.

> >

> > I love reaper and I will keep playing it, even if the power creep could push me from plat to bronze.

>

> Well, wouldn't a 30% damage increase in shroud with less uptime better in some regards? Turns Reaper into a Holosmith XD

Better in some, worse in others.

Is a +10% damage PvE wise (vs Reaper's Onslaught) but while the last increase our survival by CDs reduction the first will only put salt on wound (again reaper's survival).

> @Arzurag.7506 said:

> Why not adding some "dealing damage based on a %percentage of the enemy´s current health" ?

> I know, it would need some adjustments.

> Imagine 1% of 10million *shudders* at least reaper would be finally mandatory in every raid.

I'm suggesting an idea to make Shroud more worthwhile for Power Reaper not to make it broken.

> @Justine.6351 said:

> > @Crinn.7864 said:

> > Your idea literally destroys power reaper in PvP.

> >

> > Do remember that 25 stacks if vuln are not a given outside of instanced PvE.

>

> But nobody plays reaper anymore in PvP...

I literally play Reaper to exclusion of all else, and managed to maintain platinum 2 last season even in the face of (then unfixed) Scourge and Spellbreaker. And I intend to do the same again this season assuming that tomorrows balance patch does not include any BS like the OP's suggestion.

> @KrHome.1920 said:

> > @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> > Yeah true, Decimate Defenses is pretty bad in PvP and Death Perception is good in PvP. But... at the moment nobody wants a Power Reaper in PvP.

> Could you please first become competent on the class before you suggest balance changes? Thanks!

I'm competent at Reaper imo. I've reached Platinum rank for the past three seasons using, Chrono/Mirage, Tempest Support and Power Reaper. Don't assume I don't know anything about the class.

To add, I play a lot of Power Reaper in high level PvE. I've tried and benchmarked as much as I can with it, but so far not so good and it revolves on GS camping, which is never exciting to begin with.