Building a PC to run GW2

> @WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:

> honestly you might even be able to pull this all off for $600.00 if your able to use some of your parts you already got like case and fans and power supply .

I doubt anything I have would work. Aside from the graphic card, everythnig else is old.

> @moonstarmac.4603 said:

> Another question...what does your current system have?

I have a GTX 760 with a AMD Athlon II X4 635 Processor

> @Ayakaru.6583 said:

> Be sure your CPU has a nuclear reactor connected to it, least you want to do world events and wvw

Visit Vault Tech and acquire nuclear computer. Got it.

From what I got, I'll need a good cpu as that's the most important, and at gtx 1060 or 1070.

slow down, fam. 5k is a big number xD you could build 4 separate rigs on it. there's no need, tbh.

but if you're going to be lavish, spend about 1k is more than enough.

your graphic is still better than mine and i already run everything on ultra/high settings. so i'd say keep it until next year or so when you want to spend more.

my suggestion would be get an i7 at least from the 6th gen, aka 6700k. and newer gen if you can, like i7 7700k. which one gives a better deal, then get it.

i7 > i5. even with the same cores, i7 have more capacity and cache. so will handle more workload and pump out better performance in general.

don't buy any built-in computer since you have no idea what already "built in" it.

i quickly put something together here without a graphic card. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4Tcpf8

these are "fancy" parts. you could build something similar for less, or even an i3.

but if you spend on a new system, in the long run, you could keep everything here, and just upgrade your graphic card when the need arises.

the bottom line is an i7, 16gb RAM at the least, more storage capacity is nice. if you want speed, opt for a SSD to cut down loading time between zones.

you don't need anywhere near 32gb of RAM if you don't do anything concern with graphic, and 3d, rendering stuff.

let us know how it goes. and good luck.

This is what I built earlier this year:

Case

CM Storm Stryker - Gaming Full Tower Computer Case with USB 3.0 Ports and Carrying Handle (SGC-5000W-KWN1)

Monitor

Samsung UE590 UHD-QHD Monitor U24E590D 23.6-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor

Ram

2 of HyperX FURY Black 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 2133MHz DDR4 Non-ECC CL14 DIMM Desktop Memory (HX421C14FBK2/16)

Processor

Intel 7th Gen Intel Core Desktop Processor i7-7700K (BX80677I77700K)

Motherboard

Gigabyte LGA1151 Intel ATX DDR4 Motherboards GA-Z170X-GAMING 6

SSD

Samsung 850 PRO - 1TB - 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-7KE1T0BW)

Power Supply

EVGA Supernova G2 850W 220-G2-0850-XR Fully Modular Power Supply

Cooler

Corsair Hydro Series H100i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler, Black

Graphics Card

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 8GB GDDR5X, LED, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC) Graphics Card 08G-P4-6180-KR

yeah 5k is easily overkill. (Unless you are also getting a killer monitor and peripherals to go with it)

To add to this thread, there is a law of diminishing returns. The more you spend won't equate as much fps. Some sites will have a price to performance ratio for hardware, or dollars per frame rate if you are budget conscious.