I have trouble understanding how can anyone view full counter as a remotely balanced skill

Forsty.7968

How is everyone i see talking about this skill missing the point of it? Its a 1,5s immunity to first attack, after which for 0,5s the warrior is evading. On a 7 second cooldown with the only decent counterplay to it being steal - another busted skill. The problem with this is that every 7 seconds you will have to waste time to trigger it and dodge (or give the warrior a 1,5s endure pain on a 7 second cooldown which is definitely balanced).

Not only are you having to use a dodge to that every 7 seconds, he gets around 0,75s - 1s of endure pain due to this, as well as passive regeneration. The resistance part of the trait is in my opinion actually just fine, its the fact that you have this damage immunity with stability and evade on a 7 second cooldown. I mean yeah its less than 7 seconds by a bit which actually is a big deal but i figured this way would be easier to read.

Right and with all of this im expecting the people facing the warrior would dodge/be able to dodge full counter 100% of the time which is a ridiculous expectation. I just wanted to talk about this part of full counter that people seem to ignore, i do think the unblockable daze is also ridiculous but this is my main issue with the skill.

Spell breaker is a lazy design elite spec,i m sad for warrior because they put their gameplay at an abysmal bottom skill cap.

All the passive trait and the stance from core warrior make their gameplay so boring.

In the past i was loving this class and now i can t even play it more than a few minutes.

After playing lightning rod weaver it s just normal,it s not OP and spellbreaker eat me but i have so much more fun!(fail edit sorry)

> @Flarre.4850 said:

> You forget the slow-snare-resistance-protection-copy condition and aoe damage-part

There are other viable traits to replace those, some of which are even better so i did not touch them. The amount of damage full counter does has been fine in my opinion after the fix.

Agreed, the counter attack should either have reduced range or be single target, reflecting damage back to only those attackers that procced it.

All of the "bonuses" need to be tied (stab/trait bonuses) to the counter actually hitting.

And, though I suspect that this might be too much of a nerf, but the counter attack part could be turned into a projectile

> @Flarre.4850 said:

>

> Spell breaker is a lazy design elite spec,i m sad for warrior because they put their gameplay at an abysmal bottom skill cap.

> All the passive trait and the stance from core warrior make their gameplay so boring.

> In the past i was loving this class and now i can t even play it more than a few minutes.

> After playing lightning rod weaver it s just normal,it s not OP and spellbreaker eat me but i have so much more fun!(fail edit sorry)

Dunno bout you, but take a looootta skill to play SB on a laptop with bullshit unchangble F1/2 Fn keyboards shortcuts.

"Full counter!!!... ...

No just turned my volume down"

Oh look, now I am auto turning left and can't stop. Is my screen sideways? How do I stop zooming in?

Riiiiight right... silly Omar. You can't walk AND use number keys AND hold the fn key in prep for activating FC.

Gotta stop amd stay still first.

> @Keyba.9570 said:

> Just make it blockable.

I keep seeing this strange suggestion.

If you are popping SB, you probably are attacking the warrior, which means you aren't using a block skill as the overwhelming majority of them are channeled abilities.

The only one that really isn't is passive aegis. So the only thing making it blockable does is slightly improve Guardian vs Spellbreaker matchup while leaving things still in a bad state for every other matchup.

> @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> > @Keyba.9570 said:

> > Just make it blockable.

>

> I keep seeing this strange suggestion.

>

> If you are popping SB, you probably are attacking the warrior, which means you aren't using a block skill as the overwhelming majority of them are channeled abilities.

>

> The only one that really isn't is passive aegis. So the only thing making it blockable does is slightly improve Guardian vs Spellbreaker matchup while leaving things still in a bad state for every other matchup.

>

>

>

>

Could help in some scenarios:

SB: full counter

smart player: i'm in melee, so maybe i could use this window to heal

"+1 ranger": a warrior! Better cast Rapid Fire!

smartplayer: next time better block or run away when "+1 ranger" is around

> @"Pvt Frosty.6973" said:

> Agreed, the counter attack should either have reduced range or be single target, reflecting damage back to only those attackers that procced it.

This would make logical sense, how much do you want to bet that was the original design? And then for that functionality would require some new tech, so they did the easy/lazy thing and just made it AoE instead

PvP community: "Combat is too AoE spammy, it's just whoever spams the most AoEs"

ANet: "What if we punished you for blindly spamming AoE's and made you have to think about your matchups or whether you should use your AoE's or not before you use them?"

PvP community: "Noooo, don't do _that_!"

Spellbreakers will continue to press FC off cooldown as long as people are using their AoE's off cooldown and spamming them everywhere. Imagine fights not being a clusterfuck of aoe's particle effects and having to make the SB think before using FC.

That being said, they could still make it hit only the person who triggered it. We'll see in a few hours.

> @"Honest John.4673" said:

> PvP community: "Combat is too AoE spammy, it's just whoever spams the most AoEs"

> ANet: "What if we punished you for blindly spamming AoE's and made you have to think about your matchups or whether you should use your AoE's or not before you use them?"

> PvP community: "Noooo, don't do _that_!"

>

> Spellbreakers will continue to press FC off cooldown as long as people are using their AoE's off cooldown and spamming them everywhere. Imagine fights not being a kitten of aoe's particle effects and having to make the SB think before using FC.

>

> That being said, they could still make it hit only the person who triggered it. We'll see in a few hours.

Limiting Full Counter to the person who triggered it is impractical and would severely hamper the use of Full Counter outside of 1v1s by making Full Counter extremely difficult to use. Full Counter needs a radius reduction. 300 unit radius is far too large.

> PvP community: "Combat is too AoE spammy, it's just whoever spams the most AoEs"

> ANet: "What if we punished you for blindly spamming AoE's and made you have to think about your matchups or whether you should use your AoE's or not before you use them?"

> PvP community: "Noooo, don't do _that_!"

>

> Spellbreakers will continue to press FC off cooldown as long as people are using their AoE's off cooldown and spamming them everywhere. Imagine fights not being a kitten of aoe's particle effects and having to make the SB think before using FC.

>

> That being said, they could still make it hit only the person who triggered it. We'll see in a few hours.

You got it.

SB is the answer to the AoE cluster kitten introduced to the game through the years.

Fight kitten with kitten.

And it worked like a ~~peach~~ kitten.

> @Aenaos.8160 said:

> > @"Honest John.4673" said:

> > PvP community: "Combat is too AoE spammy, it's just whoever spams the most AoEs"

> > ANet: "What if we punished you for blindly spamming AoE's and made you have to think about your matchups or whether you should use your AoE's or not before you use them?"

> > PvP community: "Noooo, don't do _that_!"

> >

> > Spellbreakers will continue to press FC off cooldown as long as people are using their AoE's off cooldown and spamming them everywhere. Imagine fights not being a kitten of aoe's particle effects and having to make the SB think before using FC.

> >

> > That being said, they could still make it hit only the person who triggered it. We'll see in a few hours.

>

>

> You got it.

> SB is the answer to the AoE cluster kitten introduced to the game through the years.

> Fight kitten with kitten.

> And it worked like a ~~peach~~ kitten.

I remember how DH was unbeatable till people learned how to dodge roll, you think people will learn to stow weapons? It might take some time.

> > @Aenaos.8160 said:

> > > @"Honest John.4673" said:

> > > PvP community: "Combat is too AoE spammy, it's just whoever spams the most AoEs"

> > > ANet: "What if we punished you for blindly spamming AoE's and made you have to think about your matchups or whether you should use your AoE's or not before you use them?"

> > > PvP community: "Noooo, don't do _that_!"

> > >

> > > Spellbreakers will continue to press FC off cooldown as long as people are using their AoE's off cooldown and spamming them everywhere. Imagine fights not being a kitten of aoe's particle effects and having to make the SB think before using FC.

> > >

> > > That being said, they could still make it hit only the person who triggered it. We'll see in a few hours.

> >

> >

> > You got it.

> > SB is the answer to the AoE cluster kitten introduced to the game through the years.

> > Fight kitten with kitten.

> > And it worked like a ~~peach~~ kitten.

>

> I remember how DH was unbeatable till people learned how to dodge roll, you think people will learn to stow weapons? It might take some time.

how long do you think it would take for SBs to learn to use FC mid skill animation? not long dude