• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @kKagari.6804 said:

> > @Sigmoid.7082 said:

> > > @kKagari.6804 said:

> > > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > > One thing I do want to bring up is the new Signets of Suffering trait. The new recharge mechanic is interesting, to say the least.

> > > >

> > > > Plague Signet/Signet of the Locust are our shortest cooldown signets. When traited, these see their cooldowns advance by 2.2 seconds every second in Shroud. Signet of Vampirism advances by 2.4 seconds, Spite by 3.4 seconds, and Undeath by 8.2 seconds. The last actually helps itself out, too, as it increases your base Shroud time now, regardless of it was used recently or not (33% on core Necro, 20% on Reaper).

> > >

> > > I know right, for once a revive skill might be useful in pvp! Btw, are the passives still improved? :)

> >

> > Yes

>

> Mwahaha, this is delicious. This means:

>

> With full life force on reaper, standing still, you can get 24 seconds mileage in shroud with SoU. That also means you reduce SoU's recharge by 96%, meaning it will only take 7.2 seconds to recharge outside of shroud, meaning the total recharge is 31.2 seconds.

>

> In death shroud you can recharge SoU completely in 25 seconds while in shroud! Fun!

A bit faster, actually. It only takes 22 seconds of Shroud to fully recharge SoU. And since you get the passive even while the signet is on cooldown now, you get that 1% life force/second to help you stay in Shroud longer as well.

It's possible we may see people playing Jesus Necro again, because I don't see it being easy to actually kill someone with a support Necro around. Sure, they may not be able to do much to keep their buddy up, but they will certianly make it a pain to actually kill them.

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > @kKagari.6804 said:

> > > @Sigmoid.7082 said:

> > > > @kKagari.6804 said:

> > > > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > > > One thing I do want to bring up is the new Signets of Suffering trait. The new recharge mechanic is interesting, to say the least.

> > > > >

> > > > > Plague Signet/Signet of the Locust are our shortest cooldown signets. When traited, these see their cooldowns advance by 2.2 seconds every second in Shroud. Signet of Vampirism advances by 2.4 seconds, Spite by 3.4 seconds, and Undeath by 8.2 seconds. The last actually helps itself out, too, as it increases your base Shroud time now, regardless of it was used recently or not (33% on core Necro, 20% on Reaper).

> > > >

> > > > I know right, for once a revive skill might be useful in pvp! Btw, are the passives still improved? :)

> > >

> > > Yes

> >

> > Mwahaha, this is delicious. This means:

> >

> > With full life force on reaper, standing still, you can get 24 seconds mileage in shroud with SoU. That also means you reduce SoU's recharge by 96%, meaning it will only take 7.2 seconds to recharge outside of shroud, meaning the total recharge is 31.2 seconds.

> >

> > In death shroud you can recharge SoU completely in 25 seconds while in shroud! Fun!

>

> A bit faster, actually. It only takes 22 seconds of Shroud to fully recharge SoU. And since you get the passive even while the signet is on cooldown now, you get that 1% life force/second to help you stay in Shroud longer as well.

>

> It's possible we may see people playing Jesus Necro again, because I don't see it being easy to actually kill someone with a support Necro around. Sure, they may not be able to do much to keep their buddy up, but they will certianly make it a pain to actually kill them.

Oops, my bad, thought it was 180s CD.

> @kKagari.6804 said:

> > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > @kKagari.6804 said:

> > > > @Sigmoid.7082 said:

> > > > > @kKagari.6804 said:

> > > > > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > > > > One thing I do want to bring up is the new Signets of Suffering trait. The new recharge mechanic is interesting, to say the least.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Plague Signet/Signet of the Locust are our shortest cooldown signets. When traited, these see their cooldowns advance by 2.2 seconds every second in Shroud. Signet of Vampirism advances by 2.4 seconds, Spite by 3.4 seconds, and Undeath by 8.2 seconds. The last actually helps itself out, too, as it increases your base Shroud time now, regardless of it was used recently or not (33% on core Necro, 20% on Reaper).

> > > > >

> > > > > I know right, for once a revive skill might be useful in pvp! Btw, are the passives still improved? :)

> > > >

> > > > Yes

> > >

> > > Mwahaha, this is delicious. This means:

> > >

> > > With full life force on reaper, standing still, you can get 24 seconds mileage in shroud with SoU. That also means you reduce SoU's recharge by 96%, meaning it will only take 7.2 seconds to recharge outside of shroud, meaning the total recharge is 31.2 seconds.

> > >

> > > In death shroud you can recharge SoU completely in 25 seconds while in shroud! Fun!

> >

> > A bit faster, actually. It only takes 22 seconds of Shroud to fully recharge SoU. And since you get the passive even while the signet is on cooldown now, you get that 1% life force/second to help you stay in Shroud longer as well.

> >

> > It's possible we may see people playing Jesus Necro again, because I don't see it being easy to actually kill someone with a support Necro around. Sure, they may not be able to do much to keep their buddy up, but they will certianly make it a pain to actually kill them.

>

> Oops, my bad, thought it was 180s CD.

It is, but you forgot to factor the actual time spent in Shroud to the cooldown. You were focused entirely on the percentage and forgot about the time normally advancing as well.

> > @kKagari.6804 said:

> > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > > @kKagari.6804 said:

> > > > > @Sigmoid.7082 said:

> > > > > > @kKagari.6804 said:

> > > > > > > @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > > > > > > One thing I do want to bring up is the new Signets of Suffering trait. The new recharge mechanic is interesting, to say the least.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Plague Signet/Signet of the Locust are our shortest cooldown signets. When traited, these see their cooldowns advance by 2.2 seconds every second in Shroud. Signet of Vampirism advances by 2.4 seconds, Spite by 3.4 seconds, and Undeath by 8.2 seconds. The last actually helps itself out, too, as it increases your base Shroud time now, regardless of it was used recently or not (33% on core Necro, 20% on Reaper).

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I know right, for once a revive skill might be useful in pvp! Btw, are the passives still improved? :)

> > > > >

> > > > > Yes

> > > >

> > > > Mwahaha, this is delicious. This means:

> > > >

> > > > With full life force on reaper, standing still, you can get 24 seconds mileage in shroud with SoU. That also means you reduce SoU's recharge by 96%, meaning it will only take 7.2 seconds to recharge outside of shroud, meaning the total recharge is 31.2 seconds.

> > > >

> > > > In death shroud you can recharge SoU completely in 25 seconds while in shroud! Fun!

> > >

> > > A bit faster, actually. It only takes 22 seconds of Shroud to fully recharge SoU. And since you get the passive even while the signet is on cooldown now, you get that 1% life force/second to help you stay in Shroud longer as well.

> > >

> > > It's possible we may see people playing Jesus Necro again, because I don't see it being easy to actually kill someone with a support Necro around. Sure, they may not be able to do much to keep their buddy up, but they will certianly make it a pain to actually kill them.

> >

> > Oops, my bad, thought it was 180s CD.

>

> It is, but you forgot to factor the actual time spent in Shroud to the cooldown. You were focused entirely on the percentage and forgot about the time normally advancing as well.

Oh shit! I need my coffee! NecroJesus here I come!

> > @Rashagar.8349 said:

> > Does the heal signet passive actually have an effect in shroud?

>

> When traited, yes.

Oh ok, I thought because it was a heal effect it wouldn't actually work in shroud anyway, but I don't remember which version of the mechanics my brain is set to any more.

> @Turk.5460 said:

> As world-PvE power reaper lover, this is great! As a S/D Thief roamer - it is going to be way easier to kill power-based Reapers in WvW now...like, stupid easy.

You should stop fighting noobs.

**Shroud uptime is completely irrelevant when fighting a Thief.** Quick bursts and some tools to survive the Shroud CD are important. A Shroud damage buff improves the burst capability to deal more damage in the small window of opportunity against a Thief.

The Shroud uptime becomes relevant when you are focused by multiple enemies. Necro has never been as bad as now in this scenario. Soul Reaping changed over night from almost trash to mandatory in PvP/WvW - not because it was buffed (it wasn't) but because LF gain is super important now.

/edit: Removed the part of my posting about D/P Thieves as you run S/D.

the new power reaper has a very high burst potential in wvw. but the systematic of shroud has changed i think. its not the defend against spike mechanic. now you are using it for greater dmg than anything else on this class. in my tests i see at the moment, that power reaper is really try hard. just the question who is dying faster-you or your enemy. but for people who love this playstyle i think new reaper is fine.

that anet changed it into powerspace is a good thing and give him some uniqe property back in comparison to scourge. maybe he will find back in wvw zergs in addition to scourges, eles, revs as dmg dealer now.

> @Zero.3871 said:

> the new power reaper has a very high burst potential in wvw. but the systematic of shroud has changed i think. its not the defend against spike mechanic. now you are using it for greater dmg than anything else on this class. in my tests i see at the moment, that power reaper is really try hard. just the question who is dying faster-you or your enemy. but for people who love this playstyle i think new reaper is fine.

>

> that anet changed it into powerspace is a good thing and give him some uniqe property back in comparison to scourge. maybe he will find back in wvw zergs in addition to scourges, eles, revs as dmg dealer now.

so i am asking you the following questions, why should i be playing something that could eventually be usefull if i meet some condition on the battlefield (the reaper) while i can use something that is clearly working and indeed OP (the scourge) ?

also, was really needed to completely destroy the reaper while it would eventually just need a bit nerf?

> @ilmau.9781 said:

> > @Zero.3871 said:

> > the new power reaper has a very high burst potential in wvw. but the systematic of shroud has changed i think. its not the defend against spike mechanic. now you are using it for greater dmg than anything else on this class. in my tests i see at the moment, that power reaper is really try hard. just the question who is dying faster-you or your enemy. but for people who love this playstyle i think new reaper is fine.

> >

> > that anet changed it into powerspace is a good thing and give him some uniqe property back in comparison to scourge. maybe he will find back in wvw zergs in addition to scourges, eles, revs as dmg dealer now.

>

> so i am asking you the following questions, why should i be playing something that could eventually be usefull if i meet some condition on the battlefield (the reaper) while i can use something that is clearly working and indeed OP (the scourge) ?

>

> also, was really needed to completely destroy the reaper while it would eventually just need a bit nerf?

yes,scourge works fine. but no matter what changes anet would do on reaper, AFTER changes its never clear what exact potential a class have. but this is not a reason not to do changes on a class. condi reaper maybe worked fine but reaper was never intended to be in condi space. the vision behind the reaper was a power melee. and now its a little bit closer to that vision. so i wouldnt call it "destroy" reaper. its just the try to rebuild it. it will need weeks, amybe month to come to a final result. now its to early to say reaper is dead. maybe at the end power reaper is greater than condi? give them a chance.

> @sniperman.1738 said:

> If you read what they did with Dhuumfire for the scourge its actually a nice buff, I'd say if played right scourge can find its way to be very useful PvE wise :)

So what exactly did they do with Dhuumfire for the Scourge? The patch notes are extremely vague.

> @Kinch.6490 said:

> > @sniperman.1738 said:

> > If you read what they did with Dhuumfire for the scourge its actually a nice buff, I'd say if played right scourge can find its way to be very useful PvE wise :)

>

> So what exactly did they do with Dhuumfire for the Scourge? The patch notes are extremely vague.

Best I can figure is that they made Dhuumfire also pulse from the Necro, not just the shades.

> @AegisRunestone.8672 said:

> I don't play a necro, but one of my guildies does and she loves her necro. What do you guys think of the changes? Good? Bad? :) I want to let her know.

The numbers looking like a buff are aktually a nerv to reaper. They didnt change much for scourge. Just made it even worse for wvw since shades wont work if u dont have line of sight.

U cant even put it against a wall -> counts as no line of sight