Druid nerfed? Soulbeast un-changed?

ZhouX.8742

Irrelevant spirit changes , which seems to take up a bulk of the changes we got.

Changes to stances that are still not good and won't be after these changes - a change from 8 to 10 seconds on your boon duration increase is not much and regeneration is already easily obtained from other sources.

Soulbeast didn't get much, if anything... Rampage as One will still be the viable choice for elite change, we need stab uptime

Whirling Defense: Increased damage by 15%. - **Need to be able to move for this skill to ever work as viable , otherwise it's trash.**

One cool thing though: Call of the Wild: This skill now grants its unblockable enhancement to a ranger in Beastmode

--

Did Druid get nerfed? Maybe it got better with Mender's with the healing scale?

These patch notes were massively under-whelming, not surprised. Looks like a wait for 6 months for another balance patch in hopes they understand their ranger player base.

Glad I swapped over to Engi/Holo gameplay, so much more fun and Holo got buffs this patch too.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I don't get these weird half-measures - it's getting harder each time to believe that the balance team doesn't actively hate this class. Nerf the few things that make us stand out in a support or condi role, then buff some stuff halfheartedly. A 15% damage boost to whirling defense is nice, but the fundamental problem of being rooted when this a game designed for highly mobile combat remains totally unsolved.

I'd bet good money that a large part of why the decided to buff spirits was that they could just pad the list of "here's what we did for rangers!" without actually doing a whole lot.

> @voltaicbore.8012 said:

> Yeah, I don't get these weird half-measures - it's getting harder each time to believe that the b**alance team doesn't actively hate this clas**s. Nerf the few things that make us stand out in a support or condi role, then buff some stuff halfheartedly. A 15% damage boost to whirling defense is nice, but the fundamental problem of being rooted when this a game designed for highly mobile combat remains totally unsolved.

>

> I'd bet good money that a large part of why the decided to buff spirits was that they could just pad the list of "here's what we did for rangers!" without actually doing a whole lot.

While I don't completely disagree with you, it's strange that I think to have read the bolded part somewhere else...

So I decided to split up this patch to see what the changes where when stacked on top of each other

We had changes while in beast mode 2 skills affected(guard and call of the wild)

Skill changes: changes to soulbeast stances, spirits to effect 10 people, a decrease in damage for 2 skills (bonfire and sharpening stone), and an increase in damage for 1 skill (whirling axes), not sure if change to seed of life is buff or nerf

Pet changes: only effects the new pets

Bug fixes

> RANGER Whirling Defense: Increased damage by 15%.

My face when I go lower...

> WARRIOR Whirling Axe: The physical damage of this skill has been increased by 33%.

lol. Also, Whirling axe is a mobile 5 target hitter. Whirling Defense nearly has the double of the cooldown of Whirling Axe. Like... Who really take Axe OH, because you need a reflect ? That's right, nobody.

Druid nerfed, yes. Soulbeast unchanged, yes. So many BeastMode skills are left untouched and their leaping range unchanged.