HOLY SHIT THEY DID IT.....

Zoltreez.6435

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Marxx.5021 said:

> At first sight new reaper damage looks good in PvP. Then you realize that shroud decay is so much that you don't have enough time to get advantage of that new damage. Every half decent player sees your shroud and just dodges or kites for the few seconds it holds.

this is what happens every single time when i try to pvp with reaper....

Shroud ? pffff who cares you have no mobility so let me just walk away from you and laugh while your only defense drains....

> @Marxx.5021 said:

> At first sight new reaper damage looks good in PvP. Then you realize that shroud decay is so much that you don't have enough time to get advantage of that new damage. Every half decent player sees your shroud and just dodges or kites for the few seconds it holds.

That's not new. but now the kite time is halved before they can engage again :D Good times

> @Edenfer.9816 said:

> > @Svarty.8019 said:

> > > @Edenfer.9816 said:

> > > The buffs are pretty good, I got way higher burst on my usual reaper zerk build in T4 fracts.

> > > I was top dps consistently without much effort.

> > >

> >

> > How are you doing in PvP?

>

> Mostly PVE'ing these days.

I rest my case, Your Honour.

It feels like a nerf to me! I play mostly casual PVE and thus, havent gotten the new scourge spec yet for my Necro but generally have enjoyed playing my reaper in the new PoF content. After reading the patch messages and feeling a bit confused at first (is this good or bad?) I quickly discovered that this is most definitely a nerf since without me even realizing it, I depended quite heavily on SHROUD to stay alive, and well, shroud disappears so fast now and regenerates so slow it isnt even worth playing for me anymore. I feel the need to group now if I want to do PoF content. Oh well, I did manage to get Soulbeast recently on my ranger and that still feels great for a casual, solo PVE play through.

> @Mahou.3924 said:

> > @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

> > > @Ashyri.5426 said:

> > > Btw thanks to all of the fourm necros for this.

> >

> > You're welcome, I didn't post suggestions though I was just waving a torch and pitchfork.

>

> Main Hand: Torch, Offhand: Pitchfork. Sounds like our next elite profession!

lol'ed hard

Anet sucked the life out of my reaper play style :anguished: i loved playing reaper mainly because of its great survivability but i now IT DIES AND DIES in PvE. Although i am good at playing a necro but survivability loss is HUGE.

Anet has been pushing for condi reapers before PoF but now suddenly they buff up power reapers.

I only PvE, can someone please explain to me what to do with my necro now? can't raid with it either. I've had the most fun in gw2 playing a sylvari necro but what to do with it now in PvE?

> @Ace.9052 said:

> Anet sucked the life out of my reaper play style :anguished: i loved playing reaper mainly because of its great survivability but i now IT DIES AND DIES in PvE. Although i am good at playing a necro but survivability loss is HUGE.

> Anet has been pushing for condi reapers before PoF but now suddenly they buff up power reapers.

> I only PvE, can someone please explain to me what to do with my necro now? can't raid with it either. I've had the most fun in gw2 playing a sylvari necro but what to do with it now in PvE?

well survivability in pve should't be an issue (at all). you might have a look at what you want to do differently.

if you don't screw up with every mechanic possible... it is still really hard to die. even IF you screw up a major aoe, you should have enough hp and in the worst case enough LF to still soak up that burst.

not saying you are bad - just saying you could have a look at - lets say someone else who does survive and still pulls the best dmg possible. i am sure there is somebody out there.

> @Aetatis.5418 said:

> > @Ace.9052 said:

> > Anet sucked the life out of my reaper play style :anguished: i loved playing reaper mainly because of its great survivability but i now IT DIES AND DIES in PvE. Although i am good at playing a necro but survivability loss is HUGE.

> > Anet has been pushing for condi reapers before PoF but now suddenly they buff up power reapers.

> > I only PvE, can someone please explain to me what to do with my necro now? can't raid with it either. I've had the most fun in gw2 playing a sylvari necro but what to do with it now in PvE?

>

> well survivability in pve should't be an issue (at all). you might have a look at what you want to do differently.

> if you don't screw up with every mechanic possible... it is still really hard to die. even IF you screw up a major aoe, you should have enough hp and in the worst case enough LF to still soak up that burst.

>

> not saying you are bad - just saying you could have a look at - lets say someone else who does survive and still pulls the best dmg possible. i am sure there is somebody out there.

Trust me, i am looking for "someone else who does survive and still pulls the best dmg possible". Also trying my best to adjust to this new reaper and trying not to screw up. Its just isn't the same anymore, I loved it before.

I'll try it out for a few more days. Right now, its really disappointing to see my favorite class since HoT in such a sorry state. I really hope it gets better.

> @Ace.9052 said:

> > @Aetatis.5418 said:

> > > @Ace.9052 said:

> > > Anet sucked the life out of my reaper play style :anguished: i loved playing reaper mainly because of its great survivability but i now IT DIES AND DIES in PvE. Although i am good at playing a necro but survivability loss is HUGE.

> > > Anet has been pushing for condi reapers before PoF but now suddenly they buff up power reapers.

> > > I only PvE, can someone please explain to me what to do with my necro now? can't raid with it either. I've had the most fun in gw2 playing a sylvari necro but what to do with it now in PvE?

> >

> > well survivability in pve should't be an issue (at all). you might have a look at what you want to do differently.

> > if you don't screw up with every mechanic possible... it is still really hard to die. even IF you screw up a major aoe, you should have enough hp and in the worst case enough LF to still soak up that burst.

> >

> > not saying you are bad - just saying you could have a look at - lets say someone else who does survive and still pulls the best dmg possible. i am sure there is somebody out there.

> Trust me, i am looking for "someone else who does survive and still pulls the best dmg possible". Also trying my best to adjust to this new reaper and trying not to screw up. Its just isn't the same anymore, I loved it before.

> I'll try it out for a few more days. Right now, its really disappointing to see my favorite class since HoT in such a sorry state. I really hope it gets better.

Use Blood Magic, trait for Transfusion which is heal on Shroud 4, trait for wells to heal and give Protection, ...

Your welcome.

Never would have thought I'd be one of the good Reapers.

> @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

> > @Ace.9052 said:

> > > @Aetatis.5418 said:

> > > > @Ace.9052 said:

> > > > Anet sucked the life out of my reaper play style :anguished: i loved playing reaper mainly because of its great survivability but i now IT DIES AND DIES in PvE. Although i am good at playing a necro but survivability loss is HUGE.

> > > > Anet has been pushing for condi reapers before PoF but now suddenly they buff up power reapers.

> > > > I only PvE, can someone please explain to me what to do with my necro now? can't raid with it either. I've had the most fun in gw2 playing a sylvari necro but what to do with it now in PvE?

> > >

> > > well survivability in pve should't be an issue (at all). you might have a look at what you want to do differently.

> > > if you don't screw up with every mechanic possible... it is still really hard to die. even IF you screw up a major aoe, you should have enough hp and in the worst case enough LF to still soak up that burst.

> > >

> > > not saying you are bad - just saying you could have a look at - lets say someone else who does survive and still pulls the best dmg possible. i am sure there is somebody out there.

> > Trust me, i am looking for "someone else who does survive and still pulls the best dmg possible". Also trying my best to adjust to this new reaper and trying not to screw up. Its just isn't the same anymore, I loved it before.

> > I'll try it out for a few more days. Right now, its really disappointing to see my favorite class since HoT in such a sorry state. I really hope it gets better.

>

> Use Blood Magic, trait for Transfusion which is heal on Shroud 4, trait for wells to heal and give Protection, ...

>

> Your welcome.

>

> Never would have thought I'd be one of the good Reapers.

Transfusion does not heal you in shroud.

> > @Ace.9052 said:

> > > > @Ace.9052 said:

> > > > Anet sucked the life out of my reaper play style :anguished: i loved playing reaper mainly because of its great survivability but i now IT DIES AND DIES in PvE. Although i am good at playing a necro but survivability loss is HUGE.

> > > > Anet has been pushing for condi reapers before PoF but now suddenly they buff up power reapers.

> > > > I only PvE, can someone please explain to me what to do with my necro now? can't raid with it either. I've had the most fun in gw2 playing a sylvari necro but what to do with it now in PvE?

> > >

> > > well survivability in pve should't be an issue (at all). you might have a look at what you want to do differently.

> > > if you don't screw up with every mechanic possible... it is still really hard to die. even IF you screw up a major aoe, you should have enough hp and in the worst case enough LF to still soak up that burst.

> > >

> > > not saying you are bad - just saying you could have a look at - lets say someone else who does survive and still pulls the best dmg possible. i am sure there is somebody out there.

> > Trust me, i am looking for "someone else who does survive and still pulls the best dmg possible". Also trying my best to adjust to this new reaper and trying not to screw up. Its just isn't the same anymore, I loved it before.

> > I'll try it out for a few more days. Right now, its really disappointing to see my favorite class since HoT in such a sorry state. I really hope it gets better.

>

> Use Blood Magic, trait for Transfusion which is heal on Shroud 4, trait for wells to heal and give Protection, ...

>

> Your welcome.

> @Crinn.7864 said:

> > > @Ace.9052 said:

> > > > @Aetatis.5418 said:

> > > > > @Ace.9052 said:

> > > > > Anet sucked the life out of my reaper play style :anguished: i loved playing reaper mainly because of its great survivability but i now IT DIES AND DIES in PvE. Although i am good at playing a necro but survivability loss is HUGE.

> > > > > Anet has been pushing for condi reapers before PoF but now suddenly they buff up power reapers.

> > > > > I only PvE, can someone please explain to me what to do with my necro now? can't raid with it either. I've had the most fun in gw2 playing a sylvari necro but what to do with it now in PvE?

> > > >

> > > > well survivability in pve should't be an issue (at all). you might have a look at what you want to do differently.

> > > > if you don't screw up with every mechanic possible... it is still really hard to die. even IF you screw up a major aoe, you should have enough hp and in the worst case enough LF to still soak up that burst.

> > > >

> > > > not saying you are bad - just saying you could have a look at - lets say someone else who does survive and still pulls the best dmg possible. i am sure there is somebody out there.

> > > Trust me, i am looking for "someone else who does survive and still pulls the best dmg possible". Also trying my best to adjust to this new reaper and trying not to screw up. Its just isn't the same anymore, I loved it before.

> > > I'll try it out for a few more days. Right now, its really disappointing to see my favorite class since HoT in such a sorry state. I really hope it gets better.

> >

> > Use Blood Magic, trait for Transfusion which is heal on Shroud 4, trait for wells to heal and give Protection, ...

> >

> > Your welcome.

> >

> > Never would have thought I'd be one of the good Reapers.

>

> Transfusion does not heal you in shroud.

What ever trait heals you with shroud 4.

> > @Ace.9052 said:

> > > > @Ace.9052 said:

> > >

> > >

>

>

> Your welcome.

>

> Never would have thought I'd be one of the good Reapers.

LoL

Bloodmagic is pretty bad. Transfusion only heals your teammates ( there is no trait that heals you ( only life siphon) with pressing shroud 4, and try to kill someone with wells in pvp or wvw. Everyone with just a tiny bit of brain will just walk or dodge out, then you wasted a 30sec cd for like 2k dmg.

> @Ace.9052 said:

> > @Aetatis.5418 said:

> > > @Ace.9052 said:

> > > Anet sucked the life out of my reaper play style :anguished: i loved playing reaper mainly because of its great survivability but i now IT DIES AND DIES in PvE. Although i am good at playing a necro but survivability loss is HUGE.

> > > Anet has been pushing for condi reapers before PoF but now suddenly they buff up power reapers.

> > > I only PvE, can someone please explain to me what to do with my necro now? can't raid with it either. I've had the most fun in gw2 playing a sylvari necro but what to do with it now in PvE?

> >

> > well survivability in pve should't be an issue (at all). you might have a look at what you want to do differently.

> > if you don't screw up with every mechanic possible... it is still really hard to die. even IF you screw up a major aoe, you should have enough hp and in the worst case enough LF to still soak up that burst.

> >

> > not saying you are bad - just saying you could have a look at - lets say someone else who does survive and still pulls the best dmg possible. i am sure there is somebody out there.

> Trust me, i am looking for "someone else who does survive and still pulls the best dmg possible". Also trying my best to adjust to this new reaper and trying not to screw up. Its just isn't the same anymore, I loved it before.

> I'll try it out for a few more days. Right now, its really disappointing to see my favorite class since HoT in such a sorry state. I really hope it gets better.

Run Lich Form and Blood Magic+Wells, then spin in dark Fields.

> @Nimon.7840 said:

> > > @Ace.9052 said:

> > > > @Aetatis.5418 said:

> > > > > @Ace.9052 said:

> > > > > Anet sucked the life out of my reaper play style :anguished: i loved playing reaper mainly because of its great survivability but i now IT DIES AND DIES in PvE. Although i am good at playing a necro but survivability loss is HUGE.

> > > > > Anet has been pushing for condi reapers before PoF but now suddenly they buff up power reapers.

> > > > > I only PvE, can someone please explain to me what to do with my necro now? can't raid with it either. I've had the most fun in gw2 playing a sylvari necro but what to do with it now in PvE?

> > > >

> > > > well survivability in pve should't be an issue (at all). you might have a look at what you want to do differently.

> > > > if you don't screw up with every mechanic possible... it is still really hard to die. even IF you screw up a major aoe, you should have enough hp and in the worst case enough LF to still soak up that burst.

> > > >

> > > > not saying you are bad - just saying you could have a look at - lets say someone else who does survive and still pulls the best dmg possible. i am sure there is somebody out there.

> > > Trust me, i am looking for "someone else who does survive and still pulls the best dmg possible". Also trying my best to adjust to this new reaper and trying not to screw up. Its just isn't the same anymore, I loved it before.

> > > I'll try it out for a few more days. Right now, its really disappointing to see my favorite class since HoT in such a sorry state. I really hope it gets better.

> >

> > Use Blood Magic, trait for Transfusion which is heal on Shroud 4, trait for wells to heal and give Protection, ...

> >

> > Your welcome.

> >

> > Never would have thought I'd be one of the good Reapers.

>

>

> LoL

> Bloodmagic is pretty bad. Transfusion only heals your teammates ( there is no trait that heals you ( only life siphon) with pressing shroud 4, and try to kill someone with wells in pvp or wvw. Everyone with just a tiny bit of brain will just walk or dodge out, then you wasted a 30sec cd for like 2k dmg.

>

>

Why does every one assume I'm talking about PVP, if I wanted to PVP I'd play a game that takes balancing seriously?

> @Justine.6351 said:

> Now wait for the tears about how squishy the reaper is going to be. I hope it works out for people but I'm pretty sure reapers are still going to be driven out of wvw by scourge.

As if it wasnt easy enough to kill (the few Power Reapers i would see...) its now going to be even easier. Though i rarely saw them in WvW Roaming anyway. Which isnt a surprise. They lack in EVERY way a class/build needs to survive in WvW Roaming:

1) Mobility

2) Condition Removal

3) Damage mitigation

4) Sustain

Even as Zerk builds. You need all of these, from most important to least. Mobility kills Reaper from the start, WAY too easy to kite and lock down. With the weak condition removal they will die to a LOT of the MANY condition builds that roam WvW. They have like ZERO defense. Where as every build other classes have, has better damage, better sustain, better mobility and better damage mitigation.

"You Maniacs! You blew it up! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!"

Shroud IS SUPPOSED TO BE OUR DEFENSIVE SKILL. Since it doesn't last long it cannot be considered a damage source. And since its uptime was raped to hell it can't be considered a defense skill anymore either. Now it is nothing. Thanks for ruining my necro Anet, luv ya.