Soulbeast 7/1117 Update: Its a start....

ArmageddonAsh.6430

The Changes:

Beastmode: Mounting while merged will now preserve your state as having been merged so that when you dismount you will instantly reenter Beastmode. Fixed a bug that would temporarily stow a ranger's pet if downed when in the middle of merging.

Call of the Wild: This skill now grants its unblockable enhancement to a ranger in Beastmode.

"Guard!": This skill now grants its enhancements to a ranger in Beastmode.

"Search & Rescue!": Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from pulling an ally to you and reviving them while in Beastmode.

Griffon Stance: Reduced the cooldown of this skill from 45 seconds to 40 seconds. Increased the might granted from evading a strike from 1 stack to 2 stacks.

Vulture Stance: Increased the rate your strikes can trigger the hit effects from this skill by 100%. Reduced the duration of might and poison from 6 seconds to 4 seconds. Removed the health threshold component of this skill; this skill now grants might and inflicts poison each strike.

Moa Stance: Added regeneration for 8 seconds to the boons granted by this skill. Increased the duration of Moa Stance's effect from 8 seconds to 10 seconds.

One Wolf Pack: Increased the rate at which you could cause additional strikes by 100%. Reduced the delay before the additional strike lands from 1 second to 0.5 seconds. Reduced the damage of strikes from this skill by 10%.

**The Good:** More abilities made useful when inside Beastmode, always welcome. The changes to some of the stances are very welcome, Especially to Vulture and One Wolf Pack

**The Bad:** No Resistance on Bear stance (would have liked it) No cool down reduction outside the Griffon Stance. No Pet swap in Beast mode and no beastmode cool down. Not good!

**The needed:** One Wolf Pack still too long a cool down, should be 45-50seconds imo

**The soon to be nerfed: ** Boon spamming is bad enough but Moa is now (when traited) WAY too long a duration 15seconds every 25. Expect Cool down increase. I'd guess from 25 to at least 35seconds.

Pets

Rock Gazelle—Headbutt: This skill now moves toward the target during the attack, allowing the pet to track the target better.

Rock Gazelle—Charge: Reduced the activation period of this skill by 0.5 seconds and increased the movement speed so that it more frequently travels the indicated range of 900. The gazelle will now move through targets and may hit up to 3 in one charge.

Rock Gazelle—Kick: This skill has been sped up considerably and will now start its attacks beginning at 0.5 seconds.

Iboga—Consuming Bite: This skill now moves the iboga toward its target and recovers considerably faster between attacks.

Wilting Strike: Fixed a bug that prevented this trait from affecting the F2 skills of the rock gazelle, iboga, and jacaranda.

**The Good: **Some good changes to pets i use, i hope they make them more viable for damage, rather than just for a certain skill or 2

**The Bad:** None. Yet.

**The Soon to be nerfed**: None. yet

Traits

Pack Alpha: Fixed a bug that prevented this trait from affecting the F2 skills of pets from the Path of Fire region.

Unstoppable Union: Fixed a bug that prevented this trait from stun breaking when activating Beastmode.

Oppressive Superiority: Clarified the description of this trait to explicitly call out the percentile comparison for its bonuses.

Leader of the Pack: This trait now increases the duration of stance enhancements applied to the ranger using a stance skill by 50% in addition to its previous effects.

**The Good:** Bug fixes. We sure have a lot of bugs...Leader of the pack is a good change, finally useful to solo players.

**The Bad:** No additional self buff for stances (would have liked cool down reduction or additional effects...)

----------------

So what guys do you think? Personally i think its a good start but work still needs to be done. I do have a few things that i wonder about though, like has Soulbeast interaction with the dreaded water been fixed? I heard that Sick 'em was only like a 25% increase instead of the stated 40% as well as the increased speed not taking affect, these not mentioned so assuming not fixed?

I am also** VERY ** disappointed to see ZERO changes to Dagger :(

Stances haven't changed to the point where I'd care about using them at all.

Where are the Sharpening Stone and Bonfire mentions in this post?

Ranger Condi got a nerf; did no one notice the 20% Damage Reduction to Bonfire and Sharpening Stones via the 20% duration reduction? That negatively impacts not only meta, but also regular gameplay. Considering that Condi Classes are generally very weak compared to power in regular gameplay, this screws over Condition into being the generic single target damage class while further increasing the divide of power and condition. That, and it's a flat nerf. Sure, Spirits affecting 10 people now is an absurd damage increase, combined with the insane might stacking of a druid but those are under optimal conditions in Raids and the like. Elsewhere, it's just practically less useful and fun to use Bonfire/Sharpening Stones now.

Likewise disappointed with the lack of dagger changes when it's an incredibly lackluster weapon already, both assetwise and usability. The two needs to be a cleave to be useful, since AOE condition damage is so weak to begin with that it has little place outside of being an additional Condi Damage against big targets.

> @Lyros.4673 said:

> Stances haven't changed to the point where I'd care about using them at all.

>

> Where are the Sharpening Stone and Bonfire mentions in this post?

> Ranger Condi got a nerf; did no one notice the 20% Damage Reduction to Bonfire and Sharpening Stones via the 20% duration reduction? That negatively impacts not only meta, but also regular gameplay. Considering that Condi Classes are generally very weak compared to power in regular gameplay, this screws over Condition into being the generic single target damage class while further increasing the divide of power and condition. That, and it's a flat nerf.

>

> Likewise disappointed with the lack of dagger changes when it's an incredibly lackluster weapon already, both assetwise and usability. The two needs to be a cleave to be useful, since AOE condition damage is so weak to begin with that it has little place outside of being an additional Condi Damage against big targets.

I still use Bear stance, roaming means condi spamming. Condi spamming means you need LOTS of removals, so the buff to the trait might not bring a huge more about of condis removed (12 Traited, 8 untraited) but its solid enough, a few of the others got MUCH needed work, doesnt mean they are viable to me but they still needed those changes.

I can defo see Moa stance being nerfed. Too much increased Boon duration.

They arent listed because too me, they are Soulbeast related. They are from weapons that arent given as part of Soulbeast. As you say Condi RANGER got nerfed. This is about Specifically Soulbeast changes. Has Condi Soulbeast been nerfed because of them? Yes are they Soulbeast related skills? No. Condi is by far the strongest of all specs. especially when it comes to damage out put, taking 8k+ Burning ticks simply put shouldnt happen EVER in a PvP envirement. I would be gald to see all condi builds get nerfed, wont happen because so many people rely on such easy to use builds.

dagger imo needs a redesign, its damage is pitiful, its conditions are pitiful. It doesnt have the damage to be power, it doesnt have the condis to be condi and it doesnt have enough of both to be hybrid.