Would you rather: Chrono vs Drui

Dahkeus.8243

Since the meta has made druid optional without really reducing the need for 2 chronos, I started wondering which of these two classes people prefer to play in raids.

Note: If you don't play either of these, you can answer based on which you *would* prefer to play if you had the chance.

with the new balance patch, druid is still needed, but now you only need 1 ps running 2 banners.

you can get 25 might and perma fury easily from 1 druid, without pet. but 2 druids would probably recommended for most groups.

i play both classes in raids. but i prefer druid cuz a good druid is hard to find. anyone can play druid and think it's easy, which it is indeed.

but situational utilities and timing is just as important like on a chrono.

sometimes i have to ask the druid pug to change to something else and we re-arrange classes in squad where switch to druid and we're done.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd prefer not to play either of the classes. I'd much prefer Anet to stop being lazy and do a real balance patch and let other classes bring Alacrity/Quickness, and destroy spirits and banners. The whole point of this game was not to have a tank/healer/DPS set-up but we've had one ever since HoT raids came out. It also makes zero sense that the Monk/Paragon replacement class (Guardian) is completely useless for a support role.

> @Azoqu.8917 said:

> I'd prefer not to play either of the classes. I'd much prefer Anet to stop being lazy and do a real balance patch and let other classes bring Alacrity/Quickness, and destroy spirits and banners. The whole point of this game was not to have a tank/healer/DPS set-up but we've had one ever since HoT raids came out.

But how are alacrity/quickness/spirits/banners relevant to the tank/healer/DPS trinity? Those are separate issues. Even if another class became more efficient at providing buffs, someone will have to tank/heal.

Mesmer is and has been my main almost since the start of GW2.

I currently am often forced to play chrono in raids, thankfully I enjoy the class a lot. Since I have enough practice to distort or tank any of the current encouters, it's more of an autopilot thing for me. It can be very frightening for a new player with all the responsibility which is put on you, especially as tank.

Druid I've heard from a lot of people is quite a bit simpler, though good druids have their share of things they have to be able to do. Orbs at KC, black kiting and hand kiting at Deimos, etc.