Mirage and Holosmith damage is over the top.

kappa.2036

Mirage can stack 20 or more confusion stacks coupled with other 5 or 6 conditions in a second.

Holosmith can melt people with a good combo, and they are literally carried by passive traits.

I don't know why these classes haven't been touched by the balance patch. The damage output from these specializations is just insane.

High risk - high reward? Nah, only reapers can say that.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its just the way things are going, the lazymans style. Just look at warriors full counter mechanic.

I wish we could take two steps back and look at the times where each class has more distinct boons and offerings in a teamfight. Less of "everyone can do all". But most of all it comes down to communication, dev and player interaction, as while players may have many unrealistic ideas, it's also not good if the "devs way" of handling things goes way off the community. Another example being the New rule to spvp where you cant duo queue if you are a good player, but it takes away a teamplay" aspect and the good players are needed to carry this game. Unless again, gw2's viewpoint on spvp differ that much from the general pop.. but we'll never know as theres very little interaction followed by illogical choices. Good communication doesnt have to involve us players agreeing with the devs, but it's better to have a heads up than to be kept in the dark.

> @kappa.2036 said:

> Mirage can stack 20 or more confusion stacks coupled with other 5 or 6 conditions in a second.

> Holosmith can melt people with a good combo, and they are literally carried by passive traits.

>

> I don't know why these classes haven't been touched by the balance patch. The damage output from these specializations is just insane.

> High risk - high reward? Nah, only reapers can say that.

what passive traits carry them?

> @kappa.2036 said:

> Mirage can stack 20 or more confusion stacks coupled with other 5 or 6 conditions in a second.

> Holosmith can melt people with a good combo, and they are literally carried by passive traits.

>

> I don't know why these classes haven't been touched by the balance patch. The damage output from these specializations is just insane.

> High risk - high reward? Nah, only reapers can say that.

Because people are only crying about scourge, firebrand and spellbreaker being OP.

> @"Unholy Pillager.3791" said:

> > @Razor.6392 said:

> > No man it's fine! Holo is balanced (toooons of bad matchups) and mirage takes skill. It fine. It game.

>

> Try playing a holosmith yourself when the other team has a scourge. See what happens.

> > @Razor.6392 said:

> > No man it's fine! Holo is balanced (toooons of bad matchups) and mirage takes skill. It fine. It game.

>

> Try playing a holosmith yourself when the other team has a scourge. See what happens.

Necro was always engi's counter. Even the incredibly powerful cele rifle died to it.

Guess that means they're SUPER DUPER MEGA BALANCED GUIZE. Stop the presses, they got one counter, a counter that happens to ALSO decimate every other melee spec in the game. Such balance.

> @Razor.6392 said:

> > @"Unholy Pillager.3791" said:

> > > @Razor.6392 said:

> > > No man it's fine! Holo is balanced (toooons of bad matchups) and mirage takes skill. It fine. It game.

> >

> > Try playing a holosmith yourself when the other team has a scourge. See what happens.

>

> > > @Razor.6392 said:

> > > No man it's fine! Holo is balanced (toooons of bad matchups) and mirage takes skill. It fine. It game.

> >

> > Try playing a holosmith yourself when the other team has a scourge. See what happens.

>

> Necro was always engi's counter. Even the incredibly powerful cele rifle died to it.

>

> Guess that means they're SUPER DUPER MEGA BALANCED GUIZE. Stop the presses, they got one counter, a counter that happens to ALSO decimate every other melee spec in the game. Such balance.

Holo can be beaten by (good) mirages, scourges, other holos, wars, rangers, thieves, dragonhunters, even weavers...

Honestly, everybody can kill me 1v1 if they actually know what they're doing. Some classes are better at it -- IE SB and scourge, but if you know how to time an interrupt or avoid the big hits, you can definitely do a lot against a holo.

> @Razor.6392 said:

> > > @Razor.6392 said:

> >

>

> > > @Razor.6392 said:

> >

>

> Necro was always engi's counter. Even the incredibly powerful cele rifle died to it.

>

> Guess that means they're SUPER DUPER MEGA BALANCED GUIZE. Stop the presses, they got one counter, a counter that happens to ALSO decimate every other melee spec in the game. Such balance.

I play five different professions in PvP (DH, scrapper or holo engi, DD d/p thief, chrono, and soulbeast). I don't have a serious issue countering holosmith on any of them (although my daredevil might have an issue now, because unhindered combatant was gutted; nothing to do with holo being strong and everything to do with dd being murdered). I think you need to play holosmith; either you'll figure out that it isn't as mindless as you would like to believe, or you'll see that you just don't know the weaknesses and it looks stronger than it is because of that. Probably both.

> @NeedCoffee.1402 said:

> Of course. This was the plan of the hysterical spell breaker haters all along.

> Look at the mirage fourms for proof. Mirage players were laughing their kitten off. They were planning on SB getting gutted so they could be OP.

Now is time to counterattack and in 3 months they will be nerfed too!

> @NeedCoffee.1402 said:

> Of course. This was the plan of the hysterical spell breaker haters all along.

> Look at the mirage fourms for proof. Mirage players were laughing their kitten off. They were planning on SB getting gutted so they could be OP.

Always, it's all this Mesmer hate! Actually, if you go and read the forums, you will find that Mesmers are breathing a sigh of relief because the nerf bat usually swings hard our way; this time it was a swing and a miss, but Mesmers know it won't be long before it makes contact again.

holo just need a nerf on the might stacking potential, they do a lot of damage mostly because they can stack and maintain 25 stacks of might easily most of the time.

mirage is busted, it wasn't used at all because spellbreaker deleted it and now with the nerf to sb mirage is your 1v1 king that also has the mobility of a thief.

> @Elxdark.9702 said:

> holo just need a nerf on the might stacking potential, they do a lot of damage mostly because they can stack and maintain 25 stacks of might easily most of the time.

Engineer always been able to stack might and maintain it... I've been playing might stack engineer since 2014 and, as long I'm running alchemy (For Boon Duration and HGH) and things that increase might duration (Like Runes of Strenght/Hoelbrak), I have no issue getting to 25 mights. In fact, I think holo is the slowest one for me to hit 25 mights because I need to have 100 heat on PF first to it start stacking high (Scrapper have might on Hammer autos and I use Juggernaut on Core Engineer).

What you are complaining about is somenthing that always been there and was never noticed because Engineer was always subpar (And let's be honest, it still is) compared to the other professions.

> @Vagrant.7206 said:

> > @Razor.6392 said:

> > > @"Unholy Pillager.3791" said:

> > > > @Razor.6392 said:

> > > > No man it's fine! Holo is balanced (toooons of bad matchups) and mirage takes skill. It fine. It game.

> > >

> > > Try playing a holosmith yourself when the other team has a scourge. See what happens.

> >

> > > @"Unholy Pillager.3791" said:

> > > > @Razor.6392 said:

> > > > No man it's fine! Holo is balanced (toooons of bad matchups) and mirage takes skill. It fine. It game.

> > >

> > > Try playing a holosmith yourself when the other team has a scourge. See what happens.

> >

> > Necro was always engi's counter. Even the incredibly powerful cele rifle died to it.

> >

> > Guess that means they're SUPER DUPER MEGA BALANCED GUIZE. Stop the presses, they got one counter, a counter that happens to ALSO decimate every other melee spec in the game. Such balance.

>

> Holo can be beaten by (good) mirages, scourges, other holos, wars, rangers, thieves, dragonhunters, even weavers...

>

> Honestly, everybody can kill me 1v1 if they actually know what they're doing. Some classes are better at it -- IE SB and scourge, but if you know how to time an interrupt or avoid the big hits, you can definitely do a lot against a holo.

Didn't mean to say it's its sole counter. Maybe the hardest one. What I meant to address was that having a hard counter doesn't immediately mean they're balanced.

Skill matchups or getting outplayed =/= counter btw.

> > @mrauls.6519 said:

> > Holosmith is high risk, high reward. It's _balanced_

> >

> > Condi mirage on the other hand is out of line

>

> I think scourge is still worse, though. At least, on a point control game mode.

Naaah, I agree with mrauls: Holo is powerful but frail. And Mirage is way worse than Scourge because you can see the Scourge the whole time and even chose to avoid them, whereas the Mirage can appear from the nothing and bury you in conditions in a blink. Stealth persists as the strongets tool in the game.

> @Buran.3796 said:

> > > @mrauls.6519 said:

> > > Holosmith is high risk, high reward. It's _balanced_

> > >

> > > Condi mirage on the other hand is out of line

> >

> > I think scourge is still worse, though. At least, on a point control game mode.

>

> Naaah, I agree with mrauls: Holo is powerful but frail. And Mirage is way worse than Scourge because you can see the Scourge the whole time and even chose to avoid them, whereas the Mirage can appear from the nothing and bury you in conditions in a blink. Stealth persists as the strongets tool in the game.

Don't forget the target dropping skills Mirage have.

> @"Master Ketsu.4569" said:

> > @Razor.6392 said:

> > mirage takes skill. It fine. It game.

>

> I know this is trolling but it needs to be stated that as long as Elusive Mind exists it will be the training wheels mesmer spec.

>

>

Well, they finally hit Unhindered Combatant which was thief training wheels... I wouldn't be surprised if EM was the next.