Stop being self righteous.

freecarl.1320

People don't care man. That's the number one problem with ranked is its supposed to be competitve and about doing your best to win and a large portion of players, it seems around 1/3 to me, doesn't have that mind set at all. Thats why you have stuff like this or people refusing to switch out of a class to make the team comp stronger among many other things. They need a report function like LoL. Sure it might get abused but it seems to work in Lol and might cut down on the selfishness and people not really caring about there rating.

> @brannigan.9831 said:

> People don't care man. That's the number one problem with ranked is its supposed to be competitve and about doing your best to win and a large portion of players, it seems around 1/3 to me, doesn't have that mind set at all. Thats why you have stuff like this or people refusing to switch out of a class to make the team comp stronger among many other things. They need a report function like LoL. Sure it might get abused but it seems to work in Lol and might cut down on the selfishness and people not really caring about there rating.

Ooo, Quaggan thinks, bad stuff happens when:

a) you add rewards for PiPboys, so they threat ranked as some PvE grind to play with "friend";

b) you don't punish PiPboys for what PiPboys usualy do.

> @Morwath.9817 said:

> > @brannigan.9831 said:

> > People don't care man. That's the number one problem with ranked is its supposed to be competitve and about doing your best to win and a large portion of players, it seems around 1/3 to me, doesn't have that mind set at all. Thats why you have stuff like this or people refusing to switch out of a class to make the team comp stronger among many other things. They need a report function like LoL. Sure it might get abused but it seems to work in Lol and might cut down on the selfishness and people not really caring about there rating.

>

> Ooo, Quaggan thinks, bad stuff happens when:

> a) you add rewards for PiPboys, so they threat ranked as some PvE grind to play with "friend";

> b) you don't punish PiPboys for what PiPboys usualy do.

That's true but I mean. What can you do about it as a player, other then not play. Or just follow the crowd and reward farm with them?

Reporting these guys with video proof seems to be useless. Coming to the forums to beat the dead horse more, seems equally useless.

I honestly don't see anyway to win against these situations.

> @freecarl.1320 said:

>hey guys can you stop trying to come back to the match so i can preserve muh ratingz

No, thanks. Maybe when ANet start punishing toxic players and crybabies. Why would i get punished for DC to save those people's ratings when i can just try to continue playing **to have fun**?

> @Alehin.3746 said:

>

> > @freecarl.1320 said:

> >hey guys can you stop trying to come back to the match so i can preserve muh ratingz

> No, thanks. Maybe when ANet start punishing toxic players and crybabies. Why would i get punished for DC to save those people's ratings when i can just try to continue playing **to have fun**?

Lol ok whatever. Annnywayys, I think that the DC timer should be shortened down to 60secs. That's more than enough time to restart the client and get back into your match even on a potato HDD, on a SSD it takes less than 30secs.

If you can't make sure your equipment is up to par. Then no mercy should be shown to you. Why should others have to suffer because you want to play PvP with equipment that can't handle it. Seems like you only decided to play Ranked just to troll others at this point.

My advice you and people like you. Stay in GW2 doing this nonsense. Because the moment you try this shit elsewhere be prepared to get banned. https://imgur.com/1HgjoN4

> @Alehin.3746 said:

>

> > @freecarl.1320 said:

> >hey guys can you stop trying to come back to the match so i can preserve muh ratingz

> No, thanks. Maybe when ANet start punishing toxic players and crybabies. Why would i get punished for DC to save those people's ratings when i can just try to continue playing **to have fun**?

Fun is subjective. Part of fun for me is being able to play ranked and not be in a perpetual 4v5 while someone tries play a match on 4k ping. I want to be able to improve my rating and improve as a player, so I play ranked. If you don't care about that there's unranked and hotjoins.

> @Alehin.3746 said:

>

> > @freecarl.1320 said:

Because... ranked is supposed to be competitive form of play. If you get DC, it's like you've already thrown match, ergo Quaggan is going to be punished because of your unstable internet connection, and who is to blame for your connection? Quaggan or you? Obviously not the Quaggan, so who should be "punished for your DC"?

> @freecarl.1320 said:

> Fun is subjective. Part of fun for me is being able to play ranked and not be in a perpetual 4v5 while someone tries play a match on 4k ping. I want to be able to improve my rating and improve as a player, so I play ranked. If you don't care about that there's unranked and hotjoins.

I have lost faith in unranked, matches are not balanced at all. Ppl with different skill levels grouped randomly together to fight.

Well I guess there is some hidden rank system in unranked, but it is totally separate from ranked and when some skilled players from ranked decide to play couple of unranked maches the teams are not well balanced.

Was playin the other day and trying to have a casual pvp match, well I just happened to run into certain "God of PvP" and his friends in the opposite team.

Yes, part of the fun is to have an even match, but to my experience unranked is not the place. So I will just be playing casual ranked games.

Nothing like the dude who warns his team "btw im lagging so i might suck" and then you lose... JUST TO FIND HIM IN YOUR TEAM AGAIN THE NEXT MATCH.

Why would anyone purposefully play KNOWING they're at a disadvantage? Why do people queue ranked when they don't even understand the game at a basic level? Is it so hard to be considerate for millennials?

> @Alehin.3746 said:

>

> > @freecarl.1320 said:

Play in unranked, hotjoin, or private server to have fun...genius

> @Razor.6392 said:

> Nothing like the dude who warns his team "btw im lagging so i might suck" and then you lose... JUST TO FIND HIM IN YOUR TEAM AGAIN THE NEXT MATCH.

>

> Why would anyone purposefully play KNOWING they're at a disadvantage? **_Why_** do people queue ranked when they don't even understand the game at a basic level? Is it so hard to be considerate for millennials?

Rewards.

> @Alehin.3746 said:

>

> > @freecarl.1320 said:

People like you are the problem with pvp.

When will you understand that ranked is supposed to be the srsbsns mode? If you are not taking it seriously, you are not respecting the other 9 players. Why should they respect you?

But this is what PvP is for in this game currently, it's causal friendly grind for PvE players :D

If you want to feel competitive, play another game in which PvP is the main focus. GW2 is not for this kind of serious play, if those who take advantage and cheat are not punished. This game mode just lacks self respect.

> @Razor.6392 said:

> > @Alehin.3746 said:

> >

> > > @freecarl.1320 said:

> > >hey guys can you stop trying to come back to the match so i can preserve muh ratingz

> > No, thanks. Maybe when ANet start punishing toxic players and crybabies. Why would i get punished for DC to save those people's ratings when i can just try to continue playing **to have fun**?

>

> People like you are the problem with pvp.

>

> When will you understand that ranked is supposed to be the srsbsns mode? If you are not taking it seriously, you are not respecting the other 9 players. Why should they respect you?

It's a kitten video game! XD When you start to make money with it, it's serious business. Until then, deal with it or switch the game (or better, turn your internet off). :) Have a nice weekend!

> @Mutaatti.2789 said:

> > @Razor.6392 said:

> > > @Alehin.3746 said:

> > >

> > > > @freecarl.1320 said:

> > > >hey guys can you stop trying to come back to the match so i can preserve muh ratingz

> > > No, thanks. Maybe when ANet start punishing toxic players and crybabies. Why would i get punished for DC to save those people's ratings when i can just try to continue playing **to have fun**?

> >

> > People like you are the problem with pvp.

> >

> > When will you understand that ranked is supposed to be the srsbsns mode? If you are not taking it seriously, you are not respecting the other 9 players. Why should they respect you?

>

> It's a kitten video game! XD When you start to make money with it, it's serious business. Until then, deal with it or switch the game (or better, turn your internet off). :) Have a nice weekend!

Yes and no. Remember playing football with jumpers for goal posts as a kid? We weren't trying to make money out of it back then or anything but if some kid was just all ways standing about doing nothing or kept passing the ball to the other team (even though we were all friends) or any other stuff like that, being a kitten, going for goal when they can't shoot straight for kitten, then they wouldn't get invited to play.

Anet should just offer full refunds to anyone who wants them over such issues but they don't. They're like that annoying teacher who would force us to let the annoying kid play even though it spoils the fun for everyone.

> @Mutaatti.2789 said:

> > @Razor.6392 said:

> > > @Alehin.3746 said:

> > >

> > > >hey guys can you stop trying to come back to the match so i can preserve muh ratingz

> > > No, thanks. Maybe when ANet start punishing toxic players and crybabies. Why would i get punished for DC to save those people's ratings when i can just try to continue playing **to have fun**?

> >

> >

> > When will you understand that ranked is supposed to be the srsbsns mode? If you are not taking it seriously, you are not respecting the other 9 players. Why should they respect you?

>

> It's a kitten video game! XD When you start to make money with it, it's serious business. Until then, deal with it or switch the game (or better, turn your internet off). :) Have a nice weekend!

Refer to my post above. I know you're very young, but we can all learn something, together.

Just because you don't care about something, doesn't mean that other people also don't. It's extremely selfish to think that way.

> @Alehin.3746 said:

> > @Razor.6392 said:

> > > @Alehin.3746 said:

> > > >if you want to have fun, stop playing ranked

> > > >people like you are the problem

> > > >ur not taking ranked srs

> > > This mindset is straight up pathetic. This is why some of you are so frustrated and always raging in-game/crying on the forum. You lost the passion for the game, but instead of moving to something else or taking a break you just keep trying to climb the ladder on a "dead but srsbsns" gamemode, which most people only play for rewards+fun. That's just sad.

> > >

> > > I'll keep playing the game and having fun. I never DC, but if i ever do, i won't stay offline, because i don't expext/want people to do the same for me. Enjoy the game, my dudes. B)

> > >

> >

> > It's called being considerate. I'm really, really sorry your parents didn't teach you what it means to be considerate, but you should look into it.

> >

> > Any activity, game, sport, hobby or job, if someone cares for it, even a little, you can't just go there disrespecting it and acting like you don't give a dam. By your logic, if someone ruined your domino circuit that you've spent a long time building, you wouldn't get pissed? To that someone, your hobby is meaningless, garbage, even. But to you it would matter.

> >

> > Anyway, it must be miserable to live with such a short sighted view on what it means to be respectful of others. I personally don't care _that_ much for gw2 ranked. Yes it's dead, but it doesn't mean I can go and try new builds, or go with my character naked 'for fun', because there might be someone out there who does care, so out of respect and consideration for that person, I will not do that. Same scenario, I could be lagging like hell, risking a disconnection any second that passes, so the least I could do is _not_ queue until the lag is gone, out of respect for my future teammates that would get stuck with a 4v5 (even if it doesn't cost them points, I'm talking about the principle here).

> >

> > Oh well, why waste time explaining. It's clear we speak different languages.

>

> This coming from you is so epic. HAHAHA

>

> My parents did teach me to be considerate. But they also teach me **when**, and i teach "my kids" the same, because people that *ask for something they can't do themselves* don't deserve it.

>

> Before asking for consideration, try doing it yourself instead of flaming/afk when people refuse to do you what you want.

"Refuse to do what I want" What? Am I a weirdo for asking the bare minimum of cooperation that is learning the game, using non-experimental builds or just having common sense? This is a team game where the goal is winning, it is not about what I want, it is about what the whole mode revolves around.

If you want to have casual fun then fine, you got pve, lobbies and unranked. But if you want to bring your obvious lack of experience (we've all been there, trust me I did not pvp for the entire first year I played gw2) to a mode where people try their hardest to win, then maybe it is not on me, but on you.

> @Razor.6392 said:

> "Refuse to do what I want" What? Am I a weirdo for asking the bare minimum of cooperation that is learning the game, using non-experimental builds or just having common sense? This is a team game where the goal is winning, it is not about what I want, it is about what the whole mode revolves around.

No, you're just wrong for asking "consideration" when you think you have the right to flame and afk in base when things aren't your way. Saw you doing those things more than once, don't pretend you're better than said "inconsiderate" players. Your logic is flawed.

> If you want to have casual fun then fine, you got pve, lobbies and unranked. But if you want to bring your obvious lack of experience (we've all been there, trust me I did not pvp for the entire first year I played gw2) to a mode where people try their hardest to win, then maybe it is not on me, but on you.

Oh boi i love me some casual PvP action, but i have over 9k ranked matches with ~59% winrated on 2 accounts, mostly playing off-meta builds that i come up with. Not the oldest player in the game but i'm not so sure if i should consider myself inexperienced. But being inexperienced doesn't mean you can't play ranked, those players will end up in lower tiers after some matches and have their fun there. Not sure why you're so concerned about them.

**edit**: I wish i could play gw2 for the first time again. :anguished:

>I personally don't care _that_ much for gw2 ranked

Are you sure?

>Yes it's dead, but it doesn't mean I can go and try new builds

Actually, you can. **Playing off-meta is not against the rules.** Same for other competitive games. I've been playing League of Kids and getting from lvl 30 to challanger using non meta picks with a friend since 2013. **NEVER GOT PUNISHED FOR THAT**.

>or go with my character naked 'for fun'

Not against the rules either. There's a streamer called Frost that climbed to legend~plat 3 playing rev without any armor. Doesn't look fun tho.

>because there might be someone out there who does care, so out of respect and consideration for that person, I will not do that

Then do it yourself and let people play however they want. It's not like people are playing to lose, maybe they just don't have fun playing meta, maybe they wanna see how far up they can go with their build. Yeah, queueing with 4k ping the entire day is not nice, but blaming people for your the loss when you probably didn't do great either is not being "considerate".

Please, spend this weekend with mommy and ask her to teach you not only **how** but **when** to be considerate. Have fun!

>! edit: Haven't noticed Razor responded to this. Got him raging against players in unranked again. So _considerate_. LUL

> @Alehin.3746 said:

> > @Razor.6392 said:

> > "Refuse to do what I want" What? Am I a weirdo for asking the bare minimum of cooperation that is learning the game, using non-experimental builds or just having common sense? This is a team game where the goal is winning, it is not about what I want, it is about what the whole mode revolves around.

> No, you're just wrong for asking "consideration" when you think you have the right to flame and afk in base when things aren't your way. Saw you doing those things more than once, don't pretend you're better than said "unconsiderable" players. Your logic is flawed.

> > If you want to have casual fun then fine, you got pve, lobbies and unranked. But if you want to bring your obvious lack of experience (we've all been there, trust me I did not pvp for the entire first year I played gw2) to a mode where people try their hardest to win, then maybe it is not on me, but on you.

> Oh boi i love me some casual PvP action, but i have over 9k ranked matches with ~59% winrated on 2 accounts, mostly playing off-meta builds that i come up with. Not the oldest player in the game but i'm not so sure if i should consider myself inexperienced. But being inexperienced doesn't mean you can't play ranked, those players will end up in lower tiers after some matches and have their fun there. Not sure why you're so concerned about them.

> **edit**: I wish i could play gw2 for the first time again. :anguished:

> >I personally don't care _that_ much for gw2 ranked

> Are you sure?

> >Yes it's dead, but it doesn't mean I can go and try new builds

> Actually, you can. **Playing off-meta is not against the rules.** Same for other competitive games. I've been playing League of Kids and getting from lvl 30 to challanger using non meta picks with a friend since 2013. **NEVER GOT PUNISHED FOR THAT**.

> >or go with my character naked 'for fun'

> Not against the rules either. There's a streamer called Frost that climbed to legend~plat 3 playing rev without any armor. Doesn't look fun tho.

> >because there might be someone out there who does care, so out of respect and consideration for that person, I will not do that

> Then do it yourself and let people play however they want. It's not like people are playing to lose, maybe they just don't have fun playing meta, maybe they wanna see how far up they can go with their build. Yeah, queueing with 4k ping the entire day is not nice, but blaming people for your the loss when you probably didn't do great either is not being "considerate".

>

> Please, spend this weekend with mommy and ask her to teach you not only **how** but **when** to be considerable. Have fun!

I'm not against off meta builds. I play off meta. Maybe you misunderstood what I said. "New builds" stands for testing stuff in ranked, without knowing if its good or being familiar with it.

The word you are looking for is considerate, not "considerable".

Thank you.

> @Ara.4569 said:

> When, in the same team, you have PvE players that just want rewards and platinum players struggling to reach top 250, you realize PvP is a joke.

> For your own good, you should take PvP as seriously as ANet does. :)

You're right. Lost cause.

> @Razor.6392 said:

> > @Alehin.3746 said:

> >

> > > @freecarl.1320 said:

> > >hey guys can you stop trying to come back to the match so i can preserve muh ratingz

> > No, thanks. Maybe when ANet start punishing toxic players and crybabies. Why would i get punished for DC to save those people's ratings when i can just try to continue playing **to have fun**?

>

> People like you are the problem with pvp.

>

> When will you understand that ranked is supposed to be the srsbsns mode? If you are not taking it seriously, you are not respecting the other 9 players. Why should they respect you?

So you gotta be miserable in order to ranked?

What's wrong with playing ranked for fun? as long as you play till the end and try to win, who cares if you're having more fun than someone else.

I have a potato PC, I've DC'd a few times, it's rarely cost us the game though. In general it's just come back to the game, make up the lost points and keep pushing for a win.

> @sephiroth.4217 said:

> > @Razor.6392 said:

> > > @Alehin.3746 said:

> > >

> >

> >

>

> I have a potato PC, I've DC'd a few times, it's rarely cost us the game though. In general it's just come back to the game, make up the lost points and keep pushing for a win.

Don't worry, they just want someone to blame.