WHO WANT REVERT THE NOVEMBER 7 PATCH CHANGES

ilmau.9781

To sum it up, about Necromancer:

>The reaper specialization from Heart of Thorns™ is seeing a few significant changes in this update, primarily centered around Reaper's Shroud. We drastically increased the damage of all shroud attacks >while simultaneously increasing the rate at which life force is lost while in shroud. These changes are aimed at allowing the reaper to output more damage at the cost of some defense. In conjunction >with these changes, we are also revisiting some underperforming shroud-based traits to focus their power into specific high points centered around entering or leaving shroud.

> Deathly Chill (World vs. World): This skill's PvP split has been extended to WvW and will now apply 1 stack of bleeding for 8 seconds upon chill application

> Reaper Shroud: Increased life-force consumption rate from 3% per second to 5% per second.

The damage increase was tiny compared to the defense lost which is about 40% less than beafore, also Condi Shout Reaper does not exist anymore.

It was dead and it still is dead.

At least you still have scourges in pvp to kill noobs (and lose against veterans), and you can play core if you want to run around in WvW with a tanky shroud (at the cost of losing to anyone in a 1v1 scenario).

The weapons on core necromancer (starting with focus then moving to staff and offhand dagger first) need to get fixed. Until that happens, there's not much to say.

The only OP thing about necromancer right now is downstate health. Anet should "fix" this by giving everybody back that partial second of invulnerability on downed so people stomp again.

i disagree, Reaper was fine as it was, Trailblazer shout reaper was a decent dps dealer able to stay alive and to do something usefull in zergs, like corrupt some boons, was also able to roam and to have small / big fights. It was a decent build that got totally destroyed for no reason .

dont know what the fuzz is about deathly chill. everybody cried for the nerf (in wvw) during HoT because the intelligent stack of cond. reapers and cond. heralds were a guaranteed win for the grp with more reapers, because no one could cleanse that many conditions constantly applied (perma 20stacks bleeding plus 10 stacks of torment)... and sustain if resistance got corrupted.

that build was almost as mindless as scourge button hammering with too easy of a success vs the risk (**trailblazer**/vipers mix).

the degenration on the other hand. its been just two days, but i can't really adjust to it (yet). even with WH5 and spectral armor in t4 fracs, dungeons, wvw, 4-10 forged mobs, it lasts exactly for one soul spiral due to being hit while channeling :-/

edit:

the changes are settling in. its not too bad anymore.

sure i miss my reaper shroud open world endless swirl and scythe brawling... but it can still be done with some tweaks to armor (assassins for open world and random dungeons) and traits (chilling voctory). its not as comfortable as before, but it offers a lot more damage. not quite enough for elitist radiing, but 27k dps with realistic buffs on a golem is definitely the right direction.

wvw could be fine, if scourge wasnt so op and if we were still able to melee push effectively.

spvp... i dont care :-/

First, Deathly Chill was only "nerfed" in WvW. It's unchanged in sPvP and PvE.

Life Force Degeneration should not be straight reverted. The higher degeneration is fair in PvE where mobs deal little damage, and is fair in WvW where life force is abundant, and tanky gear and foods are a thing. It is not fair in sPvP where necromancers are singled out by the enemy, and incoming damage is high.

My question is, why aren't other classes getting this heavy handed segregation of power/condi elite specs?

I don't see chrono being pigeonholed into a support spec. They still have very viable condi and power builds. I don't see Mirage being pigeonholed into a condi or power only builds. They still dish out insane amount of damage either way.

the same applies to every other classes elite spec. They all have very strong condi and power options for each of their elite.

Why are we the only class getting our condi option wrecked on our elite?

Why are we the only class getting our defense wrecked on our elite?

> @HardRider.2980 said:

> ALL THE CAPS !!!

>

> No.. It's fine.. You couldn't have the damage increases AND have shroud how it was before.

>

> Shroud has always kept necro back from any sort of high damage because of it's nature.

> @dceptaconroy.7928 said:

> Im reading a few peeps spouting now we just cant "camp" in shroud and dont have access to a "save me" button. Righto heros, so wheres the defense? Wheres the dmg mitigation where are the escapes where? Can we also spew out issues with other classes bunkering down/blocking/invuln..come on get it together what do we have. Do half of the heads out here even play the different facets of the game or are they solely dominating orr chooks around paggas elder farm. Crikey!

These are not well thought out threads. While I don't think there was much gained with the patch, at least we did get CHOICE ... if you want a LONG, SURVIVAL Shroud gameplay, then you can play core Necro and get it. If you want the scary, burst damage Shroud gameplay, you play Reaper. And yet again, another example where Anet shows their design philosophy that people pretend they can't see ... providing choices to players that are meaningful and significant.

> @Dagger.2035 said:

> I still need more play time to test the patch out, but I definitely prefer more survivability in WvW. In zerg fights, I feel the 25-30% damage increase isn't worth a 40% reduction in shroud time. It's too bad traits can't be used spec a necro for either PvE or WvW.

actually the meta is full pirate sheep, that mean you are not even going to be able to get in melee range if not ultratanky, to play in front lines you need not less than 3k armor, that is really hard for a light armor ofc and even more harder if you consider that Reaper have no decent ranged weapons, you go melee or do nothing.

> @ilmau.9781 said:

> actually the meta is full pirate sheep, that mean you are not even going to be able to get in melee range if not ultratanky, to play in front lines you need not less than 3k armor, that is really hard for a light armor ofc and even more harder if you consider that Reaper have no decent ranged weapons, you go melee or do nothing.

Maybe for front-line, but Reaper works great as a mid-line character. I seem to do fine without any toughness and about 30k health. There are plenty of ranged options to help recharge shroud. I use shouts and marks to recharge shroud then re-join the frontline. I also have Well of Suffering for ranged damage, but I usually save that for when I'm about to push.

I hope that the pirate ship meta doesn't last. I really enjoyed playing condition herald, but I don't see it working any time soon in the current meta. Reaper is my second favorite class and I want to give it some more time and see how it works out. Maybe I should just switch to my Guardian next since that class will always be effective in WvW :).

You'd have to be a fool to not want to revert these shit changes that make everything worse.

"Maybe for front-line, but Reaper works great as a mid-line character"

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA. Reaper is a melee build. IF I WANTED TO BE RANGED I'D USE SCOURGE. I use Reaper because I want to melee.

You might as well say, if you want to be a medical doctor then you should major in gender studies.

These changes were late and a bit to much of a nerf. Obviously reaper and core didn't pose a major threat to any of the new elites, this just tells me that Anet just wants to take them off the balancing table so they can focus on Scourge. The thing is, why not just have a diversity of different specs to run? I mean more happy people , more choice, it really seems kinda short sighted and lazy. Since anet wants to nerf necro shroud the way they did then I say revert the nerf and** buff it or let necro use its utilites in shroud at least in pvp /wvw.**

Why is there no option for "Good start but needs more work"?

Because this poll is ridiculously biased from the first word of the title onward.

If you want to post your opinion, even a vehemently negative one, do so, don't start a poll then fill the op with attacks against one of the polling options.

> @Conncept.7638 said:

> Why is there no option for "Good start but needs more work"?

>

> Because this poll is ridiculously biased from the first word of the title onward.

>

> If you want to post your opinion, even in a vehemently negative one, do so, don't start a poll then fill the op with attacks against one of the polling options.

"Good start but needs more work" <----- its an internal dream of every necro player which gets crushed every patch after patch . To be a necro is to be stuck in limbo promises & dreams answered with nerfs & excuses

Showing a distinct difference in > @Obtena.7952 said:

> These are not well thought out threads. While I don't think there was much gained with the patch, at least we did get CHOICE ... if you want a LONG, SURVIVAL Shroud gameplay, then you can play core Necro and get it. If you want the scary, burst damage Shroud gameplay, you play Reaper. And yet again, another example where Anet shows their design philosophy that people pretend they can't see ... providing choices to players that are meaningful and significant.

I can see it. I like that theres a distinct difference now. Now for some spit n polish to finish the job. Exercising patience is what necroids do best and it looks like we'll draw on our reserves again.

> @Conncept.7638 said:

> Why is there no option for "Good start but needs more work"?

>

> Because this poll is ridiculously biased from the first word of the title onward.

>

> If you want to post your opinion, even a vehemently negative one, do so, don't start a poll then fill the op with attacks against one of the polling options.

"Good start" It's always a good start but it never ends. It's been 5 years since necromancer community asks for a solution to all the design flaws.

• 2 weeks later...