Revert Axe 2 changes, it's worse than it was pre patch

Syprus Soulslayer.1640

I'm pretty happy with the changes to mirage except for the Axe 2 change. Adding a delay makes it harder to set up your Axe clones to execute Axe 3 ( which only uses axe clones according to the tooltip ). Now, when you move in to set up your burst or melee there's an awkward delay between cast that makes it feel worse than it did pre patch.

Having seen literally no one else other than myself using the axe in WvW so far, I do think it's a stupid change. We no longer have to deal with double tap sure but the delay make it useless in combat. Hell I could deal with even LONGER cooldown between uses if it did damage like a normal skill.

> @Dawdler.8521 said:

> Having seen literally no one else other than myself using the axe in WvW so far, I do think it's a stupid change. We no longer have to deal with double tap sure but the delay make it useless in combat. Hell I could deal with even LONGER cooldown between uses if it did damage like a normal skill.

That's my point, the damage is mediocre at best, the only way to get good damage is by following up with Axe 3 after spawning 2 clones.

I've been using axe since PoF launch running a hybrid melee / mid range mirage and this change makes axe feel clunky IMO. There are no other axe skills that generate " Axe clones " so the only viable way to set up Axe 3 is by using Axe 2 x2 which is harder now.

I'd make it similar to gs 3 from warrior - much lower cast time, adding an evade. U can remove the evade from axe 3, since a teleport can dodge some Things naturally and having the dash be interruptable is some good sort of counterplay since it is the highest dmg skill of axe.

Axe 2 beeing interruptable so easy is kind of a shame since it is axe's clone Generator.

> @FaboBabo.3581 said:

> I'd make it similar to gs 3 from warrior - much lower cast time, adding an evade. U can remove the evade from axe 3, since a teleport can dodge some Things naturally and having the dash be interruptable is some good sort of counterplay since it is the highest dmg skill of axe.

>

> Axe 2 beeing interruptable so easy is kind of a shame since it is axe's clone Generator.

^This

Traits and utilitys which creat clones which create clones will create the clone with ur current main weapon; example axe 2 - self deception jaut - decptive evasion dodge results in an 3 clone axe ambush (when IH traited).

After that instantly axe 3 for 8 stacks confu.

Edit: " which creat clones which create clones" - 420 blaze it

> @"Syprus Soulslayer.1640" said:

> > @Dawdler.8521 said:

> > Having seen literally no one else other than myself using the axe in WvW so far, I do think it's a stupid change. We no longer have to deal with double tap sure but the delay make it useless in combat. Hell I could deal with even LONGER cooldown between uses if it did damage like a normal skill.

> That's my point, the damage is mediocre at best, the only way to get good damage is by following up with Axe 3 after spawning 2 clones.

> I've been using axe since PoF launch running a hybrid melee / mid range mirage and this change makes axe feel clunky IMO. There are no other axe skills that generate " Axe clones " so the only viable way to set up Axe 3 is by using Axe 2 x2 which is harder now.

> @FaboBabo.3581 said:

> Traits and utilitys which creat clones which create clones will create the clone with ur current main weapon; example axe 2 - self deception jaut - decptive evasion dodge results in an 3 clone axe ambush (when IH traited).

> After that instantly axe 3 for 8 stacks confu.

>

> Edit: " which creat clones which create clones" - 420 blaze it

>

> > @"Syprus Soulslayer.1640" said:

> > > @Dawdler.8521 said:

> > > Having seen literally no one else other than myself using the axe in WvW so far, I do think it's a stupid change. We no longer have to deal with double tap sure but the delay make it useless in combat. Hell I could deal with even LONGER cooldown between uses if it did damage like a normal skill.

> > That's my point, the damage is mediocre at best, the only way to get good damage is by following up with Axe 3 after spawning 2 clones.

> > I've been using axe since PoF launch running a hybrid melee / mid range mirage and this change makes axe feel clunky IMO. There are no other axe skills that generate " Axe clones " so the only viable way to set up Axe 3 is by using Axe 2 x2 which is harder now.

>

>

So I'll have to burn a dodge to create another axe clone with the changes to axe 2, I dont run IH or self deception ?

> @"Syprus Soulslayer.1640" said:

> > @FaboBabo.3581 said:

> > Traits and utilitys which creat clones which create clones will create the clone with ur current main weapon; example axe 2 - self deception jaut - decptive evasion dodge results in an 3 clone axe ambush (when IH traited).

> > After that instantly axe 3 for 8 stacks confu.

> >

> > Edit: " which creat clones which create clones" - 420 blaze it

> >

> > > @"Syprus Soulslayer.1640" said:

> > > > @Dawdler.8521 said:

> > > > Having seen literally no one else other than myself using the axe in WvW so far, I do think it's a stupid change. We no longer have to deal with double tap sure but the delay make it useless in combat. Hell I could deal with even LONGER cooldown between uses if it did damage like a normal skill.

> > > That's my point, the damage is mediocre at best, the only way to get good damage is by following up with Axe 3 after spawning 2 clones.

> > > I've been using axe since PoF launch running a hybrid melee / mid range mirage and this change makes axe feel clunky IMO. There are no other axe skills that generate " Axe clones " so the only viable way to set up Axe 3 is by using Axe 2 x2 which is harder now.

> >

> >

>

> So I'll have to burn a dodge to create another axe clone with the changes to axe 2, I dont run IH or self deception ?

Was just an overall note ; utilitys too; mirror Images for example , 2 axe clones + target drop.

Still our supposed changes would probably be the best