Quickness Firebrand and Heal Renagade in Raids

EpheSOSIayer.6370

Hello,

I would like to replace one druid and one chronomancer of the old meta with a firebrand and a heal renegade. I don't want to talk about the heal renegade here, if you like to go deeper in that direction here is a nice reddit post:

The general benefit over druid+chrono or any other healer instead of a druid is the dps of the firebrand. If you running only one real healer you don't need to read any further, it would be a dps loss. Since the dps of healers is equally (low) the difference is only in the dps of chrono vs. firebrand. I have created a video about the rotation and the dps of a quickness firebrand. Since it was a first try there are some improvments for sure. Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYYpM9QwHSA

And here is the build I used:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQJA7fnsADFBjdBDWCBEEhl4BzaD8CeUVBgtU9a/lWT3pA-jBiAQBVTdAYs/gFPIArVJIAeAAcVlHpqTwsK/CAcAEIew4jP+4jPeFf8xHf8xHf8xHvUA8ssC-e

What do you think about this idea? What are pros/cons? How can you improve this build?

> @mrauls.6519 said:

> Haven't seen someone click in a while. Keybind your stuff

How do you bind your keys? Like all on the mouse somehow? Do you bind them in the order that you click them, like 13251, or do you bind them in the easiest order to click like 1235 kinda thing?

I'm new to GW2 and as mostly a PvE player so far I haven't found the need to bind.

> @FnkyTwn.3875 said:

> > @mrauls.6519 said:

> > Haven't seen someone click in a while. Keybind your stuff

>

> How do you bind your keys? Like all on the mouse somehow? Do you bind them in the order that you click them, like 13251, or do you bind them in the easiest order to click like 1235 kinda thing?

>

> I'm new to GW2 and as mostly a PvE player so far I haven't found the need to bind.

I bind most almost all of my combat actions to my mouse. Everything except for F4 and F5 are on my mouse. Makes the game a lot more enjoyable. You could go purely keyboard, but then your left hand will have a sheet ton to do

> @Swiftwynd.1685 said:

> 25k without factoring the shared burn as well from Ashes is exceedingly good for an offensive support build in the current meta.

>

> I love it.

Ashes of the Just is already taken into account, I had mesmer clone support. If you try it out yourself alone, you should get around 20-21k dps on golem.

I think this build is very similar to the "old" Condi PS: You do roughly the same dps and provide usefull boons (Banners+25Might+EA vs. Quickness+Aegis+10Might)

Also the rotation of this build is extremely simple. Not considering F1 the rotation consists of 2 rules:

1. Use Scepter 2, Torch 4 and Weapon swap on cd

2. After Weapon swap press skill 6+7+8 (which have no cast time!) once and "Feel My Wrath!" if available

The reason behind it is that with the latest patch internal firebrand cooldowns where normalized to 8s (every trait of the middle line). With perma alacrity all used mantras have 8s cd, too. By using sigill of comcentration you exceed this to 9s, because of the weaponswap cd, which is not a big downside considering that this 1sec is a nice buffer if alacrity is down for a short amount of time.

> @EpheSOSIayer.6370 said:

> > @Swiftwynd.1685 said:

> > 25k without factoring the shared burn as well from Ashes is exceedingly good for an offensive support build in the current meta.

> >

> > I love it.

>

> Ashes of the Just is already taken into account, I had mesmer clone support. If you try it out yourself alone, you should get around 20-21k dps on golem.

> I think this build is very similar to the "old" Condi PS: You do roughly the same dps and provide usefull boons (Banners+25Might+EA vs. Quickness+Aegis+10Might)

>

> Also the rotation of this build is extremely simple. Not considering F1 the rotation consists of 2 rules:

> 1. Use Scepter 2, Torch 4 and Weapon swap on cd

> 2. After Weapon swap press skill 6+7+8 (which have no cast time!) once and "Feel My Wrath!" if available

>

> The reason behind it is that with the latest patch internal firebrand cooldowns where normalized to 8s (every trait of the middle line). With perma alacrity all used mantras have 8s cd, too. By using sigill of comcentration you exceed this to 9s, because of the weaponswap cd, which is not a big downside considering that this 1sec is a nice buffer if alacrity is down for a short amount of time.

Best part of this build is the only gear change is a sigil. Easy to swap to DPS.

> > @Swiftwynd.1685 said:

> > 25k without factoring the shared burn as well from Ashes is exceedingly good for an offensive support build in the current meta.

> >

> > I love it.

>

> Ashes of the Just is already taken into account, I had mesmer clone support. If you try it out yourself alone, you should get around 20-21k dps on golem.

> I think this build is very similar to the "old" Condi PS: You do roughly the same dps and provide usefull boons (Banners+25Might+EA vs. Quickness+Aegis+10Might)

>

> Also the rotation of this build is extremely simple. Not considering F1 the rotation consists of 2 rules:

> 1. Use Scepter 2, Torch 4 and Weapon swap on cd

> 2. After Weapon swap press skill 6+7+8 (which have no cast time!) once and "Feel My Wrath!" if available

>

> The reason behind it is that with the latest patch internal firebrand cooldowns where normalized to 8s (every trait of the middle line). With perma alacrity all used mantras have 8s cd, too. By using sigill of comcentration you exceed this to 9s, because of the weaponswap cd, which is not a big downside considering that this 1sec is a nice buffer if alacrity is down for a short amount of time.

To add to this, I got 24k DPS using Axe and Scepter solo using this build with realistic buffs.

2 things

1) alacrity is something you will not have as consistently with a renegade healer, if i am correct. so the effectiveness of the build, by replacing a chrono, is inconsitent.

2) i know the thread creator already mentioned, that the rotation can be done better, but you are wasting some quickness regularly. quickness stacks only up to 5 stacks and at two points you wasted mantra charges.

> @Aetatis.5418 said:

> 2 things

>

> 1) alacrity is something you will not have as consistently with a renegade healer, if i am correct. so the effectiveness of the build, by replacing a chrono, is inconsitent.

>

> 2) i know the thread creator already mentioned, that the rotation can be done better, but you are wasting some quickness regularly. quickness stacks only up to 5 stacks and at two points you wasted mantra charges.

>

A few things to note:

1. You don't need Alacrity to maintain 100% Quickness uptime, but i do I believe Renegade can now reach 100% alacrity uptime, based on latest patch.

2. Use all three mantras when Quickfire is off CD and you have at least two charges in order to maximize DPS. You don't need to wait for Sigil of Concentration is up, as you will generate extra Quickness.

3. Use both Axe and Scepter, as it is more DPS. I was able to reach 24k DPS solo with this build using both weapons. Axe and Scepter have the same skill usage,. Just try to not cancel Axe auto-chain. Axe 3 is strong CC and is DPS neutral.

Speaking about alacrity, renegade + ventarii is now more reliable than from chronos. F4 is basically a well with a higher radius and which moves with the player, same for ventarii, you can move it every 3rd second. Keeping up alacrity is easy if concentrate on it, which I would recommend at the beginning. After you are familiar with this build and the rotation you can focus more on might, cc, and additional healing. Note that you are already heal a lot by focus on alacrity.

@"Mikeskies.1536"

Can you post your build, please? I did not get exactly what you mean with Axe and how the rotation looks like.

> Speaking about alacrity, renegade + ventarii is now more reliable than from chronos. F4 is basically a well with a higher radius and which moves with the player, same for ventarii, you can move it every 3rd second. Keeping up alacrity is easy if concentrate on it, which I would recommend at the beginning. After you are familiar with this build and the rotation you can focus more on might, cc, and additional healing. Note that you are already heal a lot by focus on alacrity.

>

> @"Mikeskies.1536"

> Can you post your build, please? I did not get exactly what you mean with Axe and how the rotation looks like.

Build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAnfbnsADVChdBDGBDEEhl4BzaD8CeUVBgtU9a/lWT3pA-jBiAQBcVlHzq8DG7PYxTAAAeCASVfwaVCWN1BIFAPLrA-e

Opener:

1. Start in Scepter-->Scepter 2.

2. Weapon Swap to Axe.

3. Use Mantras + Feel My Wrath!

4. Torch 4

5. Axe 2

6. Tome of Justice: 2, 4, 5, 1, 1

Skill Priorities (Not counting Tome of Justice)

1. Mantras on Quickfire CD (ensure you have at least 2 charges)

2. Scepter/Axe 2

3. Torch 4

4. Auto-chains (try not to interrupt Axe auto-chain)

Other Notes:

1 Weapon Swap on CD (use Judgement. Might be worth to wait 1-2 seconds to use Scepter/Axe 2).

2. Ensure you have Sigil of Concentration bonus for Feel My Wrath!

Yep, this build is better. I reached 22.2k without engi buff, but did a lot of little mistakes, too.

To be honest, I realized that in the video I posted I used the wrong food (the veggie pizza). So with scepter only 21k+ is reachable. But the extra CC on axe 3 is really nice, even both builds would have the same dps.

One additional note if you want to run a 5-5 comp. In that case you are getting a problem with fury. Popular fury sources are at the moment, signet of inspiration, druid horn5 (or tiger) and (pre-patch) for great justice! You will not have any of them in your subgroup. I thought about this and the best solution I think is running the rune of altruism on the renegade. This rune gives allies fury for 5s (10s with 100% boonduration) on a 10s cd, which means in the best case 100% fury uptime. Together with Feel My Wrath! which gains 13s fury on a 45(30)s cd this is practical usable.

Hey, my friend and I did a raid with our own set up. He used a quickness firebrand that had around 66% boon duration and I used a healing renegade to provide alacrity. It worked pretty although, he was using a cheaper version( which was way less damage) of my normal quickness firebrand which can get around 20K without having too much of a weird rotation from normal. Also when using the quickfire trait always use your healing skill to proc it, it will apply it twice instead of once on all surrounding people. I was using an alacrity healing condi renegade, my damage would have also been higher but my guild mates hate me using a shortbow because of the terrible visual animations on bosses.

Quickness firebrand =http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJAVmnXMnNSumzJRZzNlst5oSY38UJ4bOskFNlqdBCgIYtJmiq4/HLymE-jxSAQBmR5nnU/AAPAgpdIA83RAgCXAAHpEMiqggIdAUVTQP2fgUA3t3C-e

Condi heal renegade = http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAnf7fnsADFBjVCBeBDEEhl4Bb/lWT3pWbgXwjqKAslqXA-jhhAQBA4JAYxTCAA1PASlfQU9Hbu/oEkUA8s3C-e

This is the dps report for our run. As some other people stated above the fury up time was a slight problem, which would might have been fixed if the warrior had brought "For Great Justice".

https://dps.report/Nn8F-20171110-233444_mo