Upcoming Reaper Changes

Kraav.8136

Skills:

Chilling Scythe: Reduced the cast time to 3/4 seconds.

Gravedigger: Reduced the cast time to 1 second.

Death Spiral: This skill has been reworked. Death Spiral: Leap at your foe. On hit cause them to be chilled.

Cast Time: 1/2 Second Recharge: 12 Seconds

Damage: 798 (1.98)

Chilled (2s): -66% Skill Recharge Rate, -66% Movement Speed

Life Force: 10%

Number of Targets: 3

Combo Finisher: Leap

Range: 600

Traits:

Relentless Pursuit: This trait now also passively increases movement speed by 25%.

Deathly Chill: This trait has been reworked. Whenever you apply chill you also apply Weakness to foes. 5 seconds of Weakness, 5 second recharge. (Single attacks can activate this trait more than once before recharging.) In addition deal 15% more damage to chilled foes.

Cheers!

This is **disgusting** and makes me wanna hurl.

Why not slab that 15% damage on Reaper's Onslaught?

Power reapers would get even stronger boost (which they need badly with their abysmal damage).

Condi reapers would stay the same which is ok with their damage being over 30k and actually viable.

And tank reapers have their bligher's boon.

Everyone gets something.

But no, **a-net wants to push scourge**, so they deliberately break the reaper, taking away his condi option while instead pushing in 2 power options, both weaker then if that 15% damage was addded to Onslaught, and on top of that adding functionality that already exists in our kit and is redundant (weakening shroud in curses anyone?).

Cause we gotta push those sales...

.....(in case you wonder why drop dead last core necro is not seeing any proper condi or power boosts).

15% against chilled targets would be bad anyways since we don't have anywhere close to 100% uptime on chill on a target, bringing the bonus well below the 10%+ mpst classes get for conditions they have 100% uptime on.

Thief gets 10% extra damage for ANY condition on a target, mesmer 10% on vulnerable targets, other classes also have a plethora of easy damage modifiers.

It needs to be a modifier against chilled+crippled+vulnerable targets to make it any good in PvE.

> @Sylent.3165 said:

> > @Selendile.9106 said:

> > This would effectively kill condi reaper, sadly. I highly doubt it's legit. I seriously hope..

> >

>

> Well condition reaper from my understanding is supposed to die and is supposed to be a power build while scourge is more focused on conditioners

The only source of this is Wooden Potatoes. There hasn't been any Dev comment saying something like it.

> @Kraav.8136 said:

> Skills:

> Chilling Scythe: Reduced the cast time to 3/4 seconds.

> Gravedigger: Reduced the cast time to 1 second.

> Death Spiral: This skill has been reworked. Death Spiral: Leap at your foe. On hit cause them to be chilled.

> Cast Time: 1/2 Second Recharge: 12 Seconds

> Damage: 798 (1.98)

> Chilled (2s): -66% Skill Recharge Rate, -66% Movement Speed

> Life Force: 10%

> Number of Targets: 3

> Combo Finisher: Leap

> Range: 600

>

> Traits:

> Relentless Pursuit: This trait now also passively increases movement speed by 25%.

> Deathly Chill: This trait has been reworked. Whenever you apply chill you also apply Weakness to foes. 5 seconds of Weakness, 5 second recharge. (Single attacks can activate this trait more than once before recharging.) In addition deal 15% more damage to chilled foes.

>

> Cheers!

As much as I doubt this is real I have to admit that I'd be all for most of these.

That being said, the one thing I wouldn't be to keen on would be the change of Death Spiral applying chill.

I would LOVE for it to be a leap attack. However replacing 12 stacks of Vulnerability, with 1 stack of chill doesn't seem like it would be worth it. If anything I'd replace Cripple on Nightfall with 2 seconds of Chill per pulse.