Condition Damages main issue MUST finally be adressed by Anet for sake of true balance

Titan.3472

> @SWI.4127 said:

> > @Kaiser.9873 said:

> > Cause being one-shot by power is okay!

>

> At least you have to play with glass cannon stats to do that. Condition builds can have all the HP and Toughness they want while pumping out the damage.

Dire -> +power, +toughness, ++condi damage

Trailblazer -> same stats as deadshot from pvp

Solves that problem real fast.

> @"X T D.6458" said:

> > @Aeolus.3615 said:

> > > @"X T D.6458" said:

> > > They could add some more damage reduction modifiers by means of consumables, traits, skills/effects etc. Maybe cap how many stacks of each condition that can be applied to any individual player.

> >

> > expect more boons and resistance spam on next elite traits to smudge it...

>

> Honestly I think they need to stop with the elite specs. We already have 7 trait lines, can only choose 3, adding more would just create even more or a balancing nightmare. The problem with both the boon/condi metas is the rate that they are spammed. Boons have a cap on stacking, I don't know why conditions don't.

They can't just stop. It's what's selling the expacs. Condis def should have caps on stacking in WvW for the very least.

> @Turk.5460 said:

> > @"X T D.6458" said:

> > > @Aeolus.3615 said:

> > > > @"X T D.6458" said:

> > > > They could add some more damage reduction modifiers by means of consumables, traits, skills/effects etc. Maybe cap how many stacks of each condition that can be applied to any individual player.

> > >

> > > expect more boons and resistance spam on next elite traits to smudge it...

> >

> > Honestly I think they need to stop with the elite specs. We already have 7 trait lines, can only choose 3, adding more would just create even more or a balancing nightmare. The problem with both the boon/condi metas is the rate that they are spammed. Boons have a cap on stacking, I don't know why conditions don't.

>

> Returning the 25 stack cap to conditions would not make a difference. How often do you see anyone with more than 25 stacks multiple conditions?

Some classes can burst way more than 25 stacks of a certain condition. Mirage for example can easily pass that on a condi burst. Not that capping it at 25 stacks of confusion/torment would help out much if you used a skill.

> @Dawdler.8521 said:

> Toughness reducing condi damage == stronger trailblazer/dire builds vs condi and no difference vs power.

>

> Whats that supposed to fix again?

Traiblazer stronger against conditions and unchanged towards power sounds aboout right to me.

I personally would support the idea, making thoughness a stat that reduces _DAMAGE_ like it´s actually supposed to be, at least I expect from a defensive stat to work against any kind of damage.

If you are talking about zerg versus zerg combat - 90% of all condi damage can be prevented if you have good positioning and don't get hit by aoe bombs.

Duels and roamers tend to use power builds with blinds aegis dodge and stab to fight in combat

Condi does really awful damage with lemon grass food / maybe a defensive rune or hoelbark / vitalitu / and defense traits oh and cleanses and resistance.

Usually the people who die to condi don't follow their commander on teamspeak (pugs) or they don't have good position as well - they run glass cannon builds too.

> @Anthony.7630 said:

> If you are talking about zerg versus zerg combat - 90% of all condi damage can be prevented if you have good positioning and don't get hit by aoe bombs.

>

> Duels and roamers tend to use power builds with blinds aegis dodge and stab to fight in combat

>

> Condi does really awful damage with lemon grass food / maybe a defensive rune or hoelbark / vitalitu / and defense traits oh and cleanses and resistance.

>

> Usually the people who die to condi don't follow their commander on teamspeak (pugs) or they don't have good position as well - they run glass cannon builds too.

>

>

Yea and 90% of that "great" positioning is pirate ship range range kite kite kite