Shattered Observatory Doom Bombs: More Than Just Random?

Nox Lucis.8341

The other day I was playing SO at scale 75, and there was one member of the party who was inexperienced. At the second boss as the doom bombs started it soon became apparent that there was some kind of trend. Except for just a tiny few, almost every doom bomb was stuck to the new guy. What's worse is that I can't recall one time he actually made it to the shelter. If this had been on scale 100, we would have needed to either kick or quit, but we eventually were able to pull through.

Assuming that the doom bombs are random for both bosses that use them, it is still entirely possible that one person gets over a dozen bombs while the rest of the team takes only one or less per person. What I would like to ask is if failing to seek shelter and so dropping the bomb on your team increases the probability of your being stuck with the next bomb? One could think of it as the boss seeking the most vulnerable target, the one most likely to fail. The mechanic would make sense as a way to punish repeated failure and force faster learning.

So what do you think? Obscure mechanic, or an unfortunate fluke of chance that happened to befall one party?

> @"Nox Lucis.8341" said:

> > @"Benjamin Arnold.3457" said:

> > The script is set up for it to be random.

>

> In that case I feel rather sorry for my teammate.

I mean it is a 20% chance for any one person.

I'll take a random stab in the dark and say the attack probably has a limiting range so you might, in theory be able to trick it if 4 others are not in targeting range. One way to test this is to get Arkk to 40% for the platform collapse and have 4 people intentionally fail it to see if any airborne players can get it since the arena height is pretty expansive.

I noticed the same player can't get the bomb twice in a row, tried 2-manning the shattered observatory before and it would always alternate between me and my friend, never noticed a pattern for 3 or more players though.

Edit: If you try to solo it you'll still get all the bombs on their normal cooldowns. :tongue: