Life Force Idea

Oldirtbeard.9834

To combat the life force degeneration I was thinking you could use the Mid Option in the Mid tier of Reaper, it's Meta now for Reapers to run Berserker armor any way so why would you need the extra crit from the bottom option any way? I remember messing around with that trait at the beginning of Path of Fire and I'd see my Life Force bar fill up right quick.

The roots of all issues is that the shroud life force act as a defensive tool. Remove these roots and there will no longer be any issue.

It's kinda creepy to see all this drama with player wanting more bandaid on a roting wound when the solution to all issues would be to remove the necrosis flesh.

Anet need to dissociate the LF bar from the notion of defense, so that the shroud no longer become a forced way to defend oneself. After more than 5 years of live game it should be an obvious fact for everyone: defense, attack and support should not be stacked on the shroud. It's the defense part of the shroud that's holding back the necromancer as a whole. There is a need to remove it and replace it by independant defensive skills that are easier to balance.

Players community and anet need to stop clinging to a flawed design that is bound to left both of them dissatisfied.

> @Nimon.7840 said:

> Ah well but u will need at least some bit of armor. To prevent a little bit of dmg, and some health as well.

> If you play full zerker in wvw roaming u will go in shroud -> 1 hit of enemy takes you out of shroud, so u arent able to use the buffed shroud-skills

I see your point, I don't WVWVW or PVP, but I see how that would be an issue for you.

> @Dadnir.5038 said:

> The roots of all issues is that the shroud life force act as a defensive tool. Remove these roots and there will no longer be any issue.

> It's kinda creepy to see all this drama with player wanting more bandaid on a roting wound when the solution to all issues would be to remove the necrosis flesh.

>

> Anet need to dissociate the LF bar from the notion of defense, so that the shroud no longer become a forced way to defend oneself. After more than 5 years of live game it should be an obvious fact for everyone: defense, attack and support should not be stacked on the shroud. It's the defense part of the shroud that's holding back the necromancer as a whole. There is a need to remove it and replace it by independant defensive skills that are easier to balance.

>

> Players community and anet need to stop clinging to a flawed design that is bound to left both of them dissatisfied.

I was just saying the faster you fill that life force bar the more time you can burst in shroud since you would be entering shroud more often, I'm not talking defense here.

You can go blood for that.

> @Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

> To combat the life force degeneration I was thinking you could use the Mid Option in the Mid tier of Reaper, it's Meta now for Reapers to run Berserker armor any way so why would you need the extra crit from the bottom option any way? I remember messing around with that trait at the beginning of Path of Fire and I'd see my Life Force bar fill up right quick.

ye right. the bottom trait is a 99% pve trait. and 75% a grp-pve trait on top.

berserker gear is not enough to achieve close to 100% crit chance in group content. in your best case scenario you are in a subgroup with a banner-warrior. that is 49% crit chance from berserker gear, 20% from fury and about 7% from the banner = 76% crit chance (druids spotter AND banners is unlikely, but in best case scenarios you can calulate with spotter) - you would have to run full assassins to cap crit.

that translates to 10% effective power lost compared to berserker gear + decimate defense. according to gw2 power (and assuming i didnt fail using it).

not using assassins gear AND not using decimate defense is -15% dmg compared to berserker + decimate defense.

so assuming you run solo only. assassins without decimate defense is exactly as good as berserkers with decimate defense, as long as there are 0 stacks of vulnerability. the moment just one stack of vulnerability is on the foe, berserkers + decimate defense is better in raw dmg.

however: if you chill foes with assassins and chilling victory, you cap might faster and you can stay in shroud longer (internal cooldwon of chilling victory is PER foe. so each foe can trigger chilling victory once every second). imo assassins + chilling victory wins, if you really want to use shroud more often and longer in solo combat.

in solo pvp. dunno if chilling victory is worth it. how often do you hit a chilled foe?

and in wvw it can work out, if your squad is able to push effectively.

http://gw2power.com/

edit-hint: if somebody uses WH #5 before using shroud... helps a lot aswell. and getting used to weapon swap into x/WH before going into shroud in pve is super easy