Were you satisfied with ArenaNet's answer about the Mount Adoption Licenses?

> @BunjiKugashira.9754 said:

> > @GreyWolf.8670 said:

> > > @fizzypetal.7936 said:

> > > Once the skin is unlocked and added to a player's wardrobe, it can't be removed. Unfortunately in this situation ArenaNet are in a rock and hard place - can't undo what has been done without making an even bigger mess and causing a different sort of backlash for who knows how long. Better to remain silent then to bend to pressure and make statements that later on down the road have to be rescinded.

> >

> > That's simply not true. Try buying one then charge back what you paid for the gems and watch how fast they take it away.

>

> > @GreyWolf.8670 said:

> > > @fizzypetal.7936 said:

> > > Once the skin is unlocked and added to a player's wardrobe, it can't be removed. Unfortunately in this situation ArenaNet are in a rock and hard place - can't undo what has been done without making an even bigger mess and causing a different sort of backlash for who knows how long. Better to remain silent then to bend to pressure and make statements that later on down the road have to be rescinded.

> >

> > That's simply not true. Try buying one then charge back what you paid for the gems and watch how fast they take it away.

>

> In that case ANet wouldn't just take away the skins, they would take away the whole account. ANet's payment provider is very strict when it comes to charge backs. Which is why buying stolen gem codes from shady market places is guaranteed to get you banned for good, but that's a different topic.

>

> The point is: locking stuff that has been unlocked is almost impossible. If ANet wanted to release the 30 skins in a non-RNG way they would need to do so in a way that doesn't invalidate the existing purchases. Since it takes on average 6000 gems to get a specific skin, I can't see ANet offering direct purchases for much less than that. Which is really a shame, because that means ANet has created an irrepearable mess that will continue to seep bad press for a considerable time to come. Downplaying the problem with pretty PR speeches is only going to help so much.

No, it's not. Really. It's just a database. They just don't want to issue refunds.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> The point is: locking stuff that has been unlocked is almost impossible. If ANet wanted to release the 30 skins in a non-RNG way they would need to do so in a way that doesn't invalidate the existing purchases. Since it takes on average 6000 gems to get a specific skin, I can't see ANet offering direct purchases for much less than that.

Complete nonsense.

> The point is: locking stuff that has been unlocked is almost impossible.

They _have_ done it before, (just look back to the flamekissed armor debacle, or to fixes to "random wardrobe unlock" bug), so that's obviously not true.

They just don't like to do that (because they don't like refunds in general).

And as for needing ~6000 gems to get a specific skin - one of the reasons why the lootbox mechanic is random is because Anet _knows_ those skins are simply not worth that amount for the huge majority of gemshop buyers. In other words, they are trying to sell us the skins far over their value.

So, it doesn't seem really honest when they act as if they're surprised we didn't like it when we caught them red-handed.

In every dealing I've had with ArenaNet, whether it be a technical or financial issue, I have felt they always dealt fairly with me. There may have been the odd occasion where something went wrong that couldn't be fixed (i.e. when a guild bank was robbed in a guild I was in previously), I was disappointed but I understood. There are limits to what can be achieved technically and what may seem like a simple solution to someone outside the company in reality could actually be very complex. We don't work in their tech department, we don't know their code or how it is all intertwined. At the end of the day we don't know what we don't know so best to stick to the facts as we know them to be.

I choose to believe that people posting their dissatisfaction with ArenaNet decisions are not necessarily indicative of the general feeling among all 11 million players. That there are not many posts supporting ArenaNet isn't indicative of anything one way or the other either. My view is that there are those that feel strongly enough about a subject to post their views and others, well not so much.

ArenaNet in my world are not thieves or con-artists as so many posts recently have implied or flat out stated as some kind of fact - those sorts of posts are inflammatory and defamatory and rightfully should be removed. They serve no purpose other than to continue to stir the toxic pot and it is about time that pot come off the boil.

For me MO's statement could have had more info. I'm taking it at face value and not really reading anything into it - I can't, I'm not in his head or in the room when discussions were had. My preference for mount skin acquisition isn't available to me yet. Maybe it will be later on down the road. I hope so but if it isn't, I still feel that I totally get my moneys worth in GW2 - for how I like to play it. :)

I've said my bit so I'm outta here...have a great day all!

_Edited for clarity...I always miss something!_

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > @BunjiKugashira.9754 said:

> > The point is: locking stuff that has been unlocked is almost impossible.

> They _have_ done it before, (just look back to the flamekissed armor debacle, or to fixes to "random wardrobe unlock" bug), so that's obviously not true.

> They just don't like to do that (because they don't like refunds in general).

>

> And as for needing ~6000 gems to get a specific skin - one of the reasons why the lootbox mechanic is random is because Anet _knows_ those skins are simply not worth that amount for the huge majority of gemshop buyers. In other words, they are trying to sell us the skins far over their value.

>

> So, it doesn't seem really honest when they act as if they're surprised we didn't like it when we caught them red-handed.

>

If they have done it before, maybe you have an actual example?

The flame kissed armor was released and changed before the wardrobe was added. By the time the skin could unlock anything all support tickets asking for a refund had been resolved. The flame kissed armor was never removed from the wardrobe. Even the item itself was never removed from the game, it was just changed to a new skin. I've tried google, but didn't find anything about a guaranteed wardrobe unlock bug. Maybe you have a link for me?

> > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > @BunjiKugashira.9754 said:

> > > The point is: locking stuff that has been unlocked is almost impossible.

> > They _have_ done it before, (just look back to the flamekissed armor debacle, or to fixes to "random wardrobe unlock" bug), so that's obviously not true.

> > They just don't like to do that (because they don't like refunds in general).

> >

> > And as for needing ~6000 gems to get a specific skin - one of the reasons why the lootbox mechanic is random is because Anet _knows_ those skins are simply not worth that amount for the huge majority of gemshop buyers. In other words, they are trying to sell us the skins far over their value.

> >

> > So, it doesn't seem really honest when they act as if they're surprised we didn't like it when we caught them red-handed.

> >

>

> If they have done it before, maybe you have an actual example?

>

> The flame kissed armor was released and changed before the wardrobe was added. By the time the skin could unlock anything all support tickets asking for a refund had been resolved. The flame kissed armor was never removed from the wardrobe. Even the item itself was never removed from the game, it was just changed to a new skin. I've tried google, but didn't find anything about a guaranteed wardrobe unlock bug. Maybe you have a link for me?

Hmm, forgot about the flamekissed being before wardrobe, so this one is out. And i checked the other case now, and i also remembered it wrong, as the bug happened not with the skins in wardrobe, but with the skin _collections_.