Remove the Grieving Inscription/Insignia from the new PoF Meta event boxes

Preyar.6783

Anet finally introduced a way to make/convert gear into Griever's stats with the November 7th patch and the material needed to do so, called Intact Mosaic.

The thing is that by putting them into boxes you can get from doing the Maw or Serpent's Ire events in PoF, they have completely devalued the item already. They should really be removed from these character daily boxes and stay as rare drops from legendary bounties and meta events only, nowhere else do you have inscriptions/insignias as guaranteed reward drops.

> @Jeknar.6184 said:

> Only if they increase the drop rate of those... I did 2 legendary bounty trains and guess how many Intact Mosaics I got? ZERO.

>

> Actually, scratch that, I got one from the Maw of Torment we did while we were in Desolation.

They're not supposed to drop 100% why would Anet suddenly have an exotic inscription/insignia drop so much out of nowhere.

> @Preyar.6783 said:

> > @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > Only if they increase the drop rate of those... I did 2 legendary bounty trains and guess how many Intact Mosaics I got? ZERO.

> >

> > Actually, scratch that, I got one from the Maw of Torment we did while we were in Desolation.

>

> They're not supposed to drop 100% why would Anet suddenly have an exotic inscription/insignia drop so much out of nowhere.

Because EVERY SINGLE OTHER INSIGNIA is a 100% craft chance (Except Seraph which is sold by a vendor)? The way they added this is one the most stupid things I've seen in 5 years of GW2. And I've seen plenty of stupid.

> @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > @Preyar.6783 said:

> > > @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > > Only if they increase the drop rate of those... I did 2 legendary bounty trains and guess how many Intact Mosaics I got? ZERO.

> > >

> > > Actually, scratch that, I got one from the Maw of Torment we did while we were in Desolation.

> >

> > They're not supposed to drop 100% why would Anet suddenly have an exotic inscription/insignia drop so much out of nowhere.

>

> Because EVERY SINGLE OTHER INSIGNIA is a 100% craft chance? The way they added this is one the most stupid thing I've seen in 5 years of GW2. And I've seen plenty of stupid.

It's a different thing when everyone doing the legendary bounty has a chance of getting it. On top of the 100% chance boxes from MAw and Serpent's Ire that are CHARACTER BOUND so you can keep getting them multiple times. The Intact Mosaics are already going under 1 gold and will soon be worthless.

> @Jeknar.6184 said:

> Only if they increase the drop rate of those... I did 2 legendary bounty trains and guess how many Intact Mosaics I got? ZERO.

>

> Actually, scratch that, I got one from the Maw of Torment we did while we were in Desolation.

The Intact Mosaics are rewards from Serpent's Ire, Junundu Rising and Maws of Torment meta events (maybe other meta events too) once per day from a reward chest. They have a 100% chance to drop there. They drop as ultra rare rewards from other events.

For years you could craft the most sought after Meta Inscriptions simply by talking to a crafting merchant and buying the recipe. I don't recall that being an issue.

The new recipe's should be just as accessible as those were.

Tweak the comps if they seriously want to limit them for whatever reasons. Jesus, just using gossamer patches will do that.

> @"Teofa Tsavo.9863" said:

> Tweak the comps if they seriously want to limit them for whatever reasons. Jesus, just using gossamer patches will do that.

In fact, there are plenty of the craftable insignias that are expensive only because of the Hardened Leather Squares... I doubt a Rampager Insignia would be 10g if wasn't for the absurd leather prices.

> @nottsgman.8206 said:

>Some useless comment

I'm not losing money on anything, just don't want something that does have its value to end up like resonating slivers but oh man, people sure get pissy over anything. Surely you guys don't want to take the intact mosaic from the daily box when it goes under 20 silver.

> @maddoctor.2738 said:

> > @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > Only if they increase the drop rate of those... I did 2 legendary bounty trains and guess how many Intact Mosaics I got? ZERO.

> >

> > Actually, scratch that, I got one from the Maw of Torment we did while we were in Desolation.

>

> The Intact Mosaics are rewards from Serpent's Ire, Junundu Rising and Maws of Torment meta events (maybe other meta events too) once per day from a reward chest. They have a 100% chance to drop there. They drop as ultra rare rewards from other events.

It's once per day per character = you can keep doing it on your other lvl 80s and get the same reward over and over and they're not ultra rare drops from bounties. They were in the 5g sell and 3g offer range on day 1/2 before people noticed that the PoF meta drop them 100%.

> @Preyar.6783 said:

> > @nottsgman.8206 said:

> >Some useless comment

>

> I'm not losing money on anything, just don't want something that does have its value to end up like resonating slivers but oh man, people sure get pissy over anything. Surely you guys don't want to take the intact mosaic from the daily box when it goes under 20 silver.

I wouldn't mind... After all, I have no desire of farming these PoF meta events. The more the price drop, the better, since at that point I can just buy it off from TP CHEAP, oposed to the 6g per mosaic I paid on the day it was introduced.

> @Preyar.6783 said:

> > @maddoctor.2738 said:

> > > @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > > Only if they increase the drop rate of those... I did 2 legendary bounty trains and guess how many Intact Mosaics I got? ZERO.

> > >

> > > Actually, scratch that, I got one from the Maw of Torment we did while we were in Desolation.

> >

> > The Intact Mosaics are rewards from Serpent's Ire, Junundu Rising and Maws of Torment meta events (maybe other meta events too) once per day from a reward chest. They have a 100% chance to drop there. They drop as ultra rare rewards from other events.

>

> It's once per day per character = you can keep doing it on your other lvl 80s and get the same reward over and over and they're not ultra rare drops from bounties. They were in the 5g sell and 3g offer range on day 1/2 before people noticed that the PoF meta drop them 100%.

Then the solution is very simple: make it once per day per account like most other rewards.

> @Zaraki.5784 said:

> So they put ascended grieving iscription/insigna

> to craft from 0 a grieving weapon/armor (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tahlkora's_Grieving_Inscription / https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Twins'_Grieving_Insignia), but what about their exotic counterparts to change stat on an already existing piece of equipment?

You can just use the Intact Mosaic here = cheapest stat change in the game.

> @Preyar.6783 said:

> > @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > > @Preyar.6783 said:

> > > > @Jeknar.6184 said:

> > > > Only if they increase the drop rate of those... I did 2 legendary bounty trains and guess how many Intact Mosaics I got? ZERO.

> > > >

> > > > Actually, scratch that, I got one from the Maw of Torment we did while we were in Desolation.

> > >

> > > They're not supposed to drop 100% why would Anet suddenly have an exotic inscription/insignia drop so much out of nowhere.

> >

> > Because EVERY SINGLE OTHER INSIGNIA is a 100% craft chance? The way they added this is one the most stupid thing I've seen in 5 years of GW2. And I've seen plenty of stupid.

>

> It's a different thing when everyone doing the legendary bounty has a chance of getting it. On top of the 100% chance boxes from MAw and Serpent's Ire that are CHARACTER BOUND so you can keep getting them multiple times. The Intact Mosaics are already going under 1 gold and will soon be worthless.

Is that so bad? I don't think so.

Although i'd really like a direct way to craft those. And one that would not require prohibitively costly amount/type of materials.