Cannot pick a "main"

Art.1290

Hello everyone,

I have 3 80's guardian, ranger, and warrior. The guardian has 100% world completion and the most hours, but I'm sort of burnt out from him. I have trouble sticking to one character and progressing on them because of this games customization system perhaps. I see a bunch of sweet looking characters of different races running around and I end up saying "wow, I wanna look like that!" And going to create a new character.

Any suggestions on what to do? Or is anyone having a similar issue?

Well Guardian, Warrior and Ranger are all sort of _physical_ Professions. You know, swords, arrows, steel, etc.

So, you might wanna try something completely different, try Mesmer or Elementalist.

You will have a completely different experience with completely different Armour skins and completely different ways to look Cool!

...if that's what you were asking for =D

Well, the idea of a, "Main", is a game like this isn't wise, as things change, so will your taste in what you enjoy in-game. Choosing to main something, is only going to lead you into frustration, as what you used to enjoy, is so different, such as a build/content ect. that you feel compelled to play something else. My advice, make a character for each game mode you like, that way you can bounce around.

> @Alatar.7364 said:

> Well Guardian, Warrior and Ranger are all sort of _physical_ Professions. You know, swords, arrows, steel, etc.

> So, you might wanna try something completely different, try Mesmer or Elementalist.

> You will have a completely different experience with completely different Armour skins and completely different ways to look Cool!

> ...if that's what you were asking for =D

That's a good point. Maybe I'll try a Mesmer. I never can decide on a race/sex either though. Then the whole ordeal of unlocking waypoints on a new character :'(

Play what you enjoy, besides, if you keep those alts you'll get birthday gifts (the 24 hr birthday buff boost is very helpful!).

I find it useful to have multiples of classes since one can be condi based whereas others could be power orientated/tanky. Unfortunately this game does not have build templates... yet... but there's no hurting in having extra alts for specific content.