Why patch the cat tag?

SkyShroud.2865

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> @"Sylvyn.4750" You bring up a very valid point.

>

> I think where WvW is at right now has two extremes with most of us caught in the middle:

>

> One side is the (others would describe them as) elitist who doesn't want pugs rallying their enemies during fights.

>

> The other side are new people to WvW who only want to do their thing and don't care about group comp nor learning how to best help a squad.

>

> In between these two is where I believe most of the people in WvW are.

>

> Most agree that the WvW populace is diminishing. As players, we do not have control over game design nor class design.

>

> But we DO have control over how we offer and accept assistance with our gameplay and integrating into a squad effectively.

>

> Vets need to be willing to offer help and assistance to allow new players to be successful and hopefully enjoy the mode.

>

> Newer (and returning players who haven't played in a year or more) need to be willing to adjust and take advice, suggestions.

>

> The players have control over a lot of their future.

Agreed...our guild recruits new players and assists them with build advice, gameplay, etc. At times it may seem we are exclusionary in WvW, but unless someone is a known troll, it's very easy to join our guild and hop onto TS and get rolling with us. Our GvG group has a higher level of requirements to meet, but open field WvW is more relaxed as long as a player is willing to work on their build and improve. To me, if someone comes into WvW and does not want to join a guild or learn how to support their team in WvW, but does not want to be excluded from any of the action, then in equivalent PvE terms it's that guy that ignores comms, Leroys into the raid instance, causes a wipe every time and expects to get ph4t l3wts. Even with average builds or classes, organization and communication are OP.

> @Sylvyn.4750 said:

> > @Dawdler.8521 said:

> > > @Sylvyn.4750 said:

> > > > @Dawdler.8521 said:

> > > > > @Lahmia.2193 said:

> > > > >I guess there was a way to run invisible tag with the catmander (but no one has confirmed) so I am not surprised anet patched it.

> > > > Correct and the invisible tag still works. I have no idea what OP is talking about because he is obviously wrong if this is about the invisibility "oversight".

> > > >

> > > > Whether it should be fixed or not is another matter. It is technically a bug. I still dont think it should be possible to use the command features while not having the command tag up. It really makes WvW a lesser game when people dont want to reveal they are a squad. I am far more in favor of expanding the system with different shapes so that guilds can truly personalize their tag, rather than hiding their glorious hardcore elite presence among the peasants that are cramping their awesomeness.

> > >

> > > So wait...that 5 man roaming squad you'd rather see revealed to all and balloon into an ineffective zerg? Great strategy!

> > Since when does a 5 man roaming squad require a tag?

> >

>

> In your previous statement, you said "it really makes WvW a lesser game when people don't want to reveal they are a squad." A squad can be any size, so where do you draw the line between a "zerg squad" and a "roaming squad" and force them to be revealed on the map to all? I think it'd be pretty funny to have 20 tags on a map and a pugling trying to figure out which one to attach himself to, kinda like a shell game...which one has the zerg that's going to protect me?

The size of the squad is irrelevant. The point is that *if you want to use the squad commander features, you have to be a squad commander*. "Invisible" squads with no commander is always possible too, as is just 5 man parties. No one is stopping anyone from excluding themselves from the rest and go silent. Ignoring the still working bug of course.

To me the argument has always been similar to trying to argue that I want to be able to kill other players in WvW, but I dont want other players in WvW to be able to kill me. And to that my answer would be, dont join WvW then cause you cant have both. Just like the answer for being a squad commander but not wanting to show a tag is dont be a squad commander then. So there is the line I draw.

Maybe Anet will change their mind on this, maybe they will stand by what they've said previously on this. Maybe they'll never fix the bug. I dont know. I wont cry over it either way it goes.