Domination needs a new Grandmaster trait in place of Imagined Burden

Refia Montes.3205

> @Esplen.3940 said:

> 10s ICD makes it feel more like a Master than a GM, but anything less than that makes it wholly overwhelming.

>

Yeah, I'm a bit hesitant on that ICD cause it's pretty strong by boonripping capablities and the additional burst your receive from it. Use iBerserker for group Boonrip then pair with Gravity Well would deal so much damage.

No need for a huge overhaul, just one tweak will make GS much better and provide a solid purpose to the GM:

- Add 10% damage to all GS attacks. (Including AA, but it would naturally not affect Phantasm damage.)

Then remove range restrictions on GS baseline, and give Mind Stab 2x Boon removal also baseline.

This would bring GS AA into the realm of a decent ranged attack, and turns MS into a fairly powerful/impactful AoE attack.

GS is all about damage! Not finesse, not defense, not deception, no tricks, etc. Mesmer as a whole lacks a competitive 1200 range damage option as GS has fallen way behind the norm, despite the much appreciated improvements to casting animation delays and such. Removing the unnecessary range requirements would go a long way to improving the AA, but certainly investing into a GM skill focused entirely on the the only solid ranged damage weapon we have, should provide us with a strong/competitive AA! I am not sure 10% will even do that, but along with the Might gains I think it's a pretty good step to making this GM a solid alternative to the other 2 Domination GMs.

The only possible issue is MB, which just recently got it's 3rd bounce back. However, we're talking about an alternative GM to Mental Anguish here, so I think even BM will be balanced with another 10% damage. You will lose a significant part of the F1 damage spike, which is of course a Power Mesmers bread & butter.

All the other GS attacks would greatly benefit from a flat 10% boost to damage, and wouldn't OP any of them in the least.

Removing a boon inflicts damage. Damage inflicted on boon removal: 504 (on zerk stats - can be a critical hit).

a) You deal 20% increased damage on targets with no boons.

b) You gain Might (10s) when hitting a target with no boons (no ICD)

c) You inflict random conditions when hitting a target with no boons (3s ICD - cripple 5s, vuln 3x 7s, weak 3s)

d) Gain quickness (5s) when hitting a target with no boons (10s ICD)

Which version do you like better? I think this trait would be useful both in pve and pvp.

a is boring

b is just worse than Imagined Burden.

c is worse too

d is fine but too conditional.

From a PvP standpoint I guess.

Assuming you mean additional damage every time you boon rip with one of the 4 choices is your suggestion, I think it's a simple solution and even pretty good. However doing this on PvE may be too strong since last part of our sword chain has boonrip included. So basically we get a free auto on every third hit as well. Way too good tbh.

> @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> a is boring

> b is just worse than Imagined Burden.

> c is worse too

> d is fine but too conditional.

> From a PvP standpoint I guess.

> Assuming you mean additional damage every time you boon rip with one of the 4 choices is your suggestion, I think it's a simple solution and even pretty good. However doing this on PvE may be too strong since last part of our sword chain has boonrip included. So basically we get a free auto on every third hit as well. Way too good tbh.

Not every monster has boons up, at least not in normal pve... unless it's like that in raids (I'm a raid noob). I know of that one fractals instability though.

Those are just 4 effects I quickly thought up. Just about any effect for when your target has no boons would fit in. It would synergize with the master trait that nobody uses and maybe null field (arcane thievery becomes a nuke?) it's versatile overall.