PvE "No Deaths" Challenge, Build Advise

DerJoker.9081

Hey ppl

I recently made a necromancer, i wanna do all the story content in this game with (Personal, Living World, HoT, PoF, Dungeon Story). I might be adding some world bosses as well, i have to see.

The challenge i put myself up to is to not die a single time, ill delete the character if i fail to survive.

To be somewhat safe, i chose the most tanky, brain-dead build ever, MinionMaster Nekro.

I threw in what i thought would work good and got this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRQQNAW3dnM0AN1gdbCu1As3glpBLOEeCbhSDgCQAgKGcDyUA-jxSAABfpcBgHAgCHBAOuAA0qEMI1fGa/BZ0MMoOgQOIAipkCA-e

Do you have any advice, things you would change? I wanted to be kinda tanky with vitality as minor and still do some dmg. Although there are other options, Carrion gear was convenient, because it is a dungeon set and i have thousands of them lying around.

Before i invest into gear further, i wanted to ask for your advice.

Thank you all :)

You dont have to worry that much when it comes to Open World or Personal story, as long as you arent a corpse. You wont die. Its THAT easy. Dungeons and such. Your problem wont be YOU, its who you are with. Get a good group, you'll be fine. Get a bad one. Prepare for suffering. World bosses are a little different as some have some REALLY lazy game mechanics that are basically "we cant make this a challenge without being crappy. So here. One shot sucker!"

You can pretty much run what ever build you want for most of the content, including world bosses. So build, gear, traits. They mean nothing. It will matter in Factals mostly as people want specific classes with specific builds.

1: Replace death magic with blood magic. Despite being minion orientated, Death magic is a wasted traitline. Blood magic (in pve - the only place you should be bringing minions anyway) is all you need for minions because of Vampiric.

2: if you're set on running carrion gear, add sceptre instead of axe and swap soul reaping for curses. Then roll Parasitic contagion.

3: Augury of death (for perma Rise vs 5 targets).

> @DerJoker.9081 said:

> Hey ppl

>

> I recently made a necromancer, i wanna do all the story content in this game with (Personal, Living World, HoT, PoF, Dungeon Story). I might be adding some world bosses as well, i have to see.

> The challenge i put myself up to is to not die a single time, ill delete the character if i fail to survive.

>

> To be somewhat safe, i chose the most tanky, brain-dead build ever, MinionMaster Nekro.

> I threw in what i thought would work good and got this:

>

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRQQNAW3dnM0AN1gdbCu1As3glpBLOEeCbhSDgCQAgKGcDyUA-jxSAABfpcBgHAgCHBAOuAA0qEMI1fGa/BZ0MMoOgQOIAipkCA-e

>

> Do you have any advice, things you would change? I wanted to be kinda tanky with vitality as minor and still do some dmg. Although there are other options, Carrion gear was convenient, because it is a dungeon set and i have thousands of them lying around.

> Before i invest into gear further, i wanted to ask for your advice.

>

> Thank you all :)

>! Like Gandalf you'll have to die in a certain point in POF story

I used to do that with the games I played. My Holy Priest in WoW was my first successful climb. Pugs will be the toughest part as the wrong one can really wreck you. But anyway good luck to you. It hurts a lot when you delete a character you brought up 40 levels just to delete them because you got tired and/or lazy from an extended gaming session or whatever. I'd like to know how well your doing or when you succeed.

> @tfduke.1496 said:

> I used to do that with the games I played. My Holy Priest in WoW was my first successful climb. Pugs will be the toughest part as the wrong one can really wreck you. But anyway good luck to you. It hurts a lot when you delete a character you brought up 40 levels just to delete them because you got tired and/or lazy from an extended gaming session or whatever. I'd like to know how well your doing or when you succeed.

I reached level 80 by doing world events and parts of the personal story so far. i got myself (like i said) some carrion gear, to be able to play a hybrid kinda style, using deaths perception for power and deathly chill for condi.

I did some of the HoT Maps to unlock Reaper ( i might try scourge, but it seems squishier, altough the dmg might be higher...) and i was (already in exotic carrion gear) downstated during the Vampire Champion HP up in the canopy, i tried to solo it -.-

Other ppl usually dont get the mechanics, i feel like :/

Im planning on finishing the story and doing all the dungeons, like i said. Im trying Blood Magic instead of Death Magic at the moment, and do feel tankier...

After all that i´d love to try some WvW/PvP, but only after i finished what i planned for originally :D i think ill die pretty fast there.