Ping issue, from 190 to 300 about 2~3 weeks ago. (Asian player connect to NA server)

I am a Taiwanese who played in NA server. Ping is always about 200 for me since gw2 launched

I always play pvp, so it is obvious for me that ping increase from 200 to 300.

I can't remember exactly when it was start, but I think it is about 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Please fix this issue or I have to give up and do not play pvp anymore, thank you.

To compare the routes you're taking between the old and new servers, open two command prompts (cmd.exe) and enter:

tracert 64.25.38.185

tracert dynamodb.us-east-1.amazonaws.com

The old servers were in Dallas, in the middle of the US, whereas Amazon's are in Northern Virginia on the east coast. Since you're likely being routed from the west coast, you can expect to see a higher ping, around +20 to +40ms minimum. At +100ms, you're likely being routed through worse networks, but the only thing you can really do is try various VPNs to change the route you take.

Here's first official comment I've seen on switching datacenters. In short, Amazon has better servers and most people are closer to the east coast:

The only thing you can really hope for is for ArenaNet to use other Amazon locations, which they've already shown is possible. It'll probably never happen, but for comparison, try pinging Amazon West:

ping dynamodb.us-west-1.amazonaws.com

ping dynamodb.us-west-2.amazonaws.com