The Logical Fix

Ricky.4706

> @"X T D.6458" said:

> How exactly does a mega server instance created map system create competition?

>

the difference is based on rank - a new ranking system that allows you to rank by actively competing. This will separate killers from role players - the higher your rank, the more - in a RP sense, the more violent you are.....This separates casual players ...from competitive players. The current system of competition is toxic, and as everyone mentioned k-training for rank isn't a respectable achievement.

The idea is to keep players who are willing to do dumb stunts like trolling, spying and wasting supplies away from people who just play for fun. I hated playing in T1 because everyone had this "I Must win, and no noob will stop me" attitude, which you don't find in new players.......that needs to be separated and what better way to seperate them but by rank. If you killed 150,000 people, you are not a role play only character.

> -"because you can't jump into an active match, if your server isn't on"....What exactly is stopping you from going into wvw anytime?

>

What game are you playing ? if I jump on when the opposing server is on prime time, and my server is on down time, we are getting 60 man blobs from both servers.

You must be on a server that never see's this and apparently doesn't mind that everyone else has to endure this . There are more servers and players that are not T1 than there is T1.

This isn't a random mega-server idea - you want better fights, you fight more and earn your right into better fights. Why does this idea scare people ? I can see why it would scare people that love gaining rank for hitting paper towers with 60 man blobs.

whats so scary, that the towers are now guarded by experienced players, and you might get taken out by perma invis roamers ?

Heh, I'm getting that now, I usually play high dps builds - and get singled out of zergs / blobs - thieves jump in a group of 30+ just to one shot me because I was taking down too many lol.......I thought that was fun, and sincerely have respect for those thieves...... You T1 k-trainers need to experience that.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Ricky.4706 said:

> have a guild of 400 people pay to transfer every time they want to compete ?

Nah man. It's one up one down. Play in tier 4 and let the third server always win. You get your fights, the third server bumps up, and your two stay in the low tier. Everyone wins!

In fact, one of you would always have the red BL so it would be wide open for fights!!

> @Ricky.4706 said:

> > @PassionWhisky.3457 said:

> > it isnt a good idea, that will destroy the WvW completly

>

> This makes no sense, there is NOTHING to destroy, a rigged #1 server, a score that's meaningless, unbalanced, unfair matches ....what exactly are you trying to save ?

>

> Other points made are fair though, and easily enough addressed by starting a new rank system.

>

"give wvw the mega-server map system - so all matches are full all of the time. europe, asia, and na"

i hate the Mists :D thats the reason.

and the other Points are bad too, blobb Guilds incoming, not good idea at all.

I was just reading your other posts on other threads- you seem to dislike, and report as a bug no less, anything that puts your rank in danger....Good luck reporting that guy for making a powerful zerker build. He admitted he dies alot, and has fun, but you still want to report it as a bug because it can kill you ? lol

> @PassionWhisky.3457 said:

> > @Ricky.4706 said:

> > > @PassionWhisky.3457 said:

> > > it isnt a good idea, that will destroy the WvW completly

> >

> > This makes no sense, there is NOTHING to destroy, a rigged #1 server, a score that's meaningless, unbalanced, unfair matches ....what exactly are you trying to save ?

> >

> > Other points made are fair though, and easily enough addressed by starting a new rank system.

> >

>

> "give wvw the mega-server map system - so all matches are full all of the time. europe, asia, and na"

> i hate the Mists :D thats the reason.

>

> and the other Points are bad too, blobb Guilds incoming, not good idea at all.

> @Ricky.4706 said:

> I've said it in detail in another thread- but would like to say it bullet point in this one.

>

> - give wvw the mega-server map system - so all matches are full all of the time. europe, asia, and na

> - make wvw based guilds tethered to a specific match for ranking. - the gvg element. ( guilds have to register in wvw for ranking, and members have to opt in - so pve guilds / players aren't forced into it )

> - non wvw guilded players get matched up with their relative ranks - this keeps it fun for casual vs hardcore roamers and ensures serious gvgrs get serious mercenary roamers. (not everyone aspires to be a diamond rank - that's not a casual rank )

> - guilds match ups are based on rank.

> the fights would not only be fair , but completely self balancing based on how hard you or your guild plays. - if you want to play new and skilled people, join a better guild or play harder to rank higher. If you want to train new players to be a top guild - start a new guild and train new players to quickly bring your guild to tier 1 fights

>

> the people that need to be #1 can discuss what the leader boards rank as a top guild. - top player leader boards would simply be highest rank. - highest ranks in leaderboards gets a dolyak mount for pve - but if the title is lost, their access to the dolyak mount is lost also.

>

> For guild leader boards, i do suggest ranking based on a current type - 60 - 120 day average, and not something simply cumulative - so one person can never exploit a glitch and become king forever scenario. Plus it would allow a new skilled group to jump up the ladder quick. To keep the T1 talent fresh, competitive. While you can have a great history, this doesn't necessarily mean you are the current reigning champ.

EOTM style system lacks server pride and thus lead to thoughts of why even bother defending.

There are many guilds that are not WvW based but doesn't necessary means they don't do WvW and likewise doesn't necessary means they don't have buddies in the guild that do WvW and finally doesn't necessary means they are casuals because highly skilled players can choose to hang out with casuals than with hardcore for whatever reasons.

Your logic does not account for psychological factors.

server pride ? lol we are in a linked age, I don't even know who from my server logs on anymore heh!

Maybe you should check out the Chinese pvp - eotm - they know how to have fun, it's what wvw should be - but they were doing it on eotm.

I have yet to hear a good argument against this idea, just people who like having the unfair advantage in wvw. This idea threatens to break up the monopoly, and it's expected to make "a few" people uncomfortable, the same people that ruin the game for 80% of the rest of the players.

> @Ricky.4706 said:

> server pride ? lol we are in a linked age, I don't even know who from my server logs on anymore heh!

> Maybe you should check out the Chinese pvp - eotm - they know how to have fun, it's what wvw should be - but they were doing it on eotm.

>

> I have yet to hear a good argument against this idea, just people who like having the unfair advantage in wvw. This idea threatens to break up the monopoly, and it's expected to make "a few" people uncomfortable, the same people that ruin the game for 80% of the rest of the players.

>

You conveniently disregard many parts of what I have said and at the same time, conveniently claimed it is the vocal minority that is against it while ignoring the fact that you could have make a poll to get some insights of how many people actually approve of your suggestion. Really convenient.

the irony is that I addressed those points before your made your post. The one who is conveniently overlooking chunks of text is you, sorry.

I mentioned several times it would be opt in, a guild would first have to register to compete in wvw, and the players have to opt in within the guild, that no one should be forced into competitive pvp.

but eotm is not rank based, thus more casual than competitive..... That's why I can't call this random, It should be a way where people of like minds play with each other....this can be done through "a new" ranking system that determines how much you like pvp, and how much you are doing this just for fun.

Now to further elaborate on how guilds would join.....

Once you sign up with a guild, this guild is registered to a match up system which anet controls ensuring guild matches are constantly rotating, and guarantees enrolled guilded wvw pvprs to log on to the same match as their guildmates.. - something you can't do with a server, especially if you have 2 guilds that want to compete vs each other residing on the same server.

The idea is evolving, and adjusting as reasonable arguments pop up to any flaws.

Eotm, doesn't unite people by rank and skill level, it shouldn't change because obviously people have fun with it and it has less complaints, leave that the k-train map.

In the bigger picture, I'm trying to create a game flow - pve - goes to - the eotm jumping puzzle, then progresses to - eotm for next level pvp - then progresses to wvw for a higher level of competition , then finally Spvp for straight up pvp........

If we can get this balance right, it will be a training wheel, and an easier way for the Dev team to balance skills.

part of the problem now as I see it, is the mix of skill level player - I get 1 shot because I love high dps builds ....I sacrifice defense to gain offense and focus more on tactics / placement and speed for defense.... to me these op builds are simply clever, and I give props to those who make it, I have fun making them too.......invis thief matches are insanely fun! but to a new player, it's extremely unfair. Those builds shouldn't be nerfed because a new player doesn't know how to counter....they should be moved to a next tier fight.

This is not new and unique Idea - this is from the D&D style of pvp - where you give up all defenses with an elven cloak ( which makes you invisible, and visible only when you attack, - you take more aoe damage so your "personal defense skill" is tactics.

Metas are a work of evil, that is quantizing skill to an autobot.

> @Ricky.4706 said:

> the irony is that I addressed those points before your made your post. The one who is conveniently overlooking chunks of text is you, sorry.

> I mentioned several times it would be opt in, a guild would first have to register to compete in wvw, and the players have to opt in within the guild, that no one should be forced into competitive pvp.

>

>

Yes, I didn't question it clearly enough. Allow me to elaborate.

You require guilds to opt in thus in this case, non-wvw based guilds can easily do that for the sake of their wvw oriented players who are hanging out with their guild which can rage from casual to highly skilled. In that event, how accurate your system will be, how competitive will that be.

Furthermore, your approach does not permit multi guilds way of life. You ask players to opt in specific guilds without thinking it can become a conflict with players that hold a number of guilds that do wvw or have buddies that do wvw. If you allow players to opt in multiple guilds and therefore push them to multiple maps, again, how accurate will be your so called competitiveness?

And at the same time, since guilds are being push to different maps, what are so called communities? So all those bonds that you have made via multi guilding of the same server just go poof?

At the end of the day, your system will be inaccurate and just a makeover of eotm.

And again, if it is eotm, why bother to try hard to defend?

Ok, I can appreciate and respect that concern, and this is where I'd hope that anet could jump in and say "ooh, I know what we can do" because part of this depends on anets coding of it.

looking for a common denominator that most can agree with - I simply want to play with people who like to play like me.

To some that is extreme competition, to some that is for lulz, for others that is for a great story = a mega server organized by rank will achieve that.

and if you really think about it , what and how you rank can make wvw a different experience for everyone,

ie - from level 1-10 certain quests will be available that will allow you to rank on a role play level - something that a hard core pvp'r will never do, these people will be maps away from each other - and you will never hear a role play map complain about op builds or being outnumbered.......and you will never hear a hardcore map complain about someone wasting supplies fixing a wall and cluttering chat talking about the latest Action flick in netflix

So how and for what someone is ranked is important to how the sever balances itself out. This creates diversity, it breaks monopoly. / monotony.

I just thought of another perk to this idea that would be fun for the Developers.

If for example you rank people - disclosed or secretly - lol- based on say, How effective they are at 1 shotting people, you can use these players as chess pieces in the match ups......so say one guild is getting on your last nerves with their bragging, you can pull out the best perma invis thieves in game and mix and match tournaments.

so this can be like a chess match of sorts between developers using real people as the chess pieces. an incentive for developers and who can make the fiercest matches. ^.^

I can see it now, 3 high profile guilds in a match, and anet decides to fill in any blank spaces with perma invis thieves, condi reapers / scourges, and 1 shot mesmers for non guilded players rofl!

anet could easily keep track of builds the top guilds and their playing habits and throw in random players that counter those builds - which is ultimately invoking old school D&D Dungeon master powers - so it wouldn't be rigged - it would be a real rpg match :p

> @Ricky.4706 said:

> I've said it in detail in another thread- but would like to say it bullet point in this one.

>

> - give wvw the mega-server map system - so all matches are full all of the time. europe, asia, and na

> - make wvw based guilds tethered to a specific match for ranking. - the gvg element. ( guilds have to register in wvw for ranking, and members have to opt in - so pve guilds / players aren't forced into it )

> - non wvw guilded players get matched up with their relative ranks - this keeps it fun for casual vs hardcore roamers and ensures serious gvgrs get serious mercenary roamers. (not everyone aspires to be a diamond rank - that's not a casual rank )

> - guilds match ups are based on rank.

> the fights would not only be fair , but completely self balancing based on how hard you or your guild plays. - if you want to play new and skilled people, join a better guild or play harder to rank higher. If you want to train new players to be a top guild - start a new guild and train new players to quickly bring your guild to tier 1 fights

>

> the people that need to be #1 can discuss what the leader boards rank as a top guild. - top player leader boards would simply be highest rank. - highest ranks in leaderboards gets a dolyak mount for pve - but if the title is lost, their access to the dolyak mount is lost also.

>

> For guild leader boards, i do suggest ranking based on a current type - 60 - 120 day average, and not something simply cumulative - so one person can never exploit a glitch and become king forever scenario. Plus it would allow a new skilled group to jump up the ladder quick. To keep the T1 talent fresh, competitive. While you can have a great history, this doesn't necessarily mean you are the current reigning champ.

they wont, they gain $$$ from transfers so they won t remove them.

Oh and servers are loked for this reason

#moneycomefirst

i have to give them the benefit of the doubt, which is why I'm trying to be creative with ideas.

See, the logic to making money in the e-sport mode is selling beer........not selling chess pieces.

If the anet developers are truly gamers and pvprs.....then lets come up with reasons that would make it fun for them too.

They'd be the only developers with this idea, that would have a human chessboard lol - that's a big deal.

here's an example of what i mean by selling beer - sell consumables .....ie - your wvw guild can buy a bonus for a week that whenever they cap stonemist, a big neon sign with the guild name gets propped up over SM rubbing it in the opponents face that they are holding it. That shouldn't be a permanent item because it's a luxury. You could sell stuff like guild capes, customized banners that reflect your rank in wvw as a guild....

Bragging rights are a big deal to competitors, and that's a big market. You don't sell stats to that audience. For pve though, that's fine - it's part of the adventure. i beat tequatl, i got a tequatl sword, makes perfect sense. - but in pvp i want beer! I kicked their kittens and got the t-shirt to prove it! /rawr

the irony. you offer no argument and make a baselesss claim. Ive seen your other posts and they are the same. - hey ..that rhymes.

wvw is technically a pvp sandbox, a majority of us do not like the way the T1 players use and abuse it, and the current rules. very bad, no bueno.

> @Ricky.4706 said:

> the irony. you offer no argument and make a baselesss claim. Ive seen your other posts and they are the same. - hey ..that rhymes.

>

> wvw is technically a pvp sandbox, a majority of us do not like the way the T1 players use and abuse it, and the current rules. very bad, no bueno.

So don't strive for T-1?

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @Ricky.4706 said:

> > the wanna be t1 blobs are being imposed on lower tiers.

>

> Play PvP then?

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> > @Ricky.4706 said:

> > the wanna be t1 blobs are being imposed on lower tiers.

>

> Play PvP then?

As opposed to attempting to impose your will on a player base that doesn't want it.