Where did the 9600 gem mount deal go!?

The mount skins and how this system is setup is ridiculous enough as it is, but why remove the 9600 gem deal for all 30 mounts? Its hard enough to acquire that much gold in the game or to scrap that much money together in real life ($120 or 2700 gold) in such a short time period (7 days you gave us). Why is this deal not available all of the time? You really expect us to pay for 3 sets of 10 at 10,200 gems instead LOL? Please if your going to do mounts like this, then leave the cheapest possible option available all of the time...

> @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > @JaddynnStarr.5201 said:

> > its still there, its just been cut into 3 pieces of 10 for 3400 gems now.

>

> yah i know so 10,200 gems im talking about the 9,600 deal for all 30...

yes, I know that, I was trying to be a bit witty and tell you the deal is gone and has been replaced with my response above is all.

> @JaddynnStarr.5201 said:

> > @"Jumpin Lumpix.6108" said:

> > > @JaddynnStarr.5201 said:

> > > its still there, its just been cut into 3 pieces of 10 for 3400 gems now.

> >

> > yah i know so 10,200 gems im talking about the 9,600 deal for all 30...

>

> yes, I know that, I was trying to be a bit witty and tell you the deal is gone and has been replaced with my response above is all.

yah i know isn't it nice of them...

the bolded part in the quote implies (to me anyway) it is a one time thing, but who knows, maybe they will bring it back again.

>**During the introductory week only**, dedicated collectors can purchase a bundle of 30 Mount Adoption Licenses at a discount and take home every mount breed currently sold through the Black Lion Stables

https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/the-reforged-warhound-and-friends-are-looking-for-homes/

> @nottsgman.8206 said:

> the bolded part in the quote implies (to me anyway) it is a one time thing, but who knows, maybe they will bring it back again.

>

> >**During the introductory week only**, dedicated collectors can purchase a bundle of 30 Mount Adoption Licenses at a discount and take home every mount breed currently sold through the Black Lion Stables

> https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/the-reforged-warhound-and-friends-are-looking-for-homes/

wow gross....

> @nottsgman.8206 said:

> the bolded part in the quote implies (to me anyway) it is a one time thing, but who knows, maybe they will bring it back again.

>

> >**During the introductory week only**, dedicated collectors can purchase a bundle of 30 Mount Adoption Licenses at a discount and take home every mount breed currently sold through the Black Lion Stables

> https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/the-reforged-warhound-and-friends-are-looking-for-homes/

To me, it says 'buy them at a discount now, or (perhaps) pay full price when they return'. /shrug

Almost everything makes a return, sooner or later.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @nottsgman.8206 said:

> > the bolded part in the quote implies (to me anyway) it is a one time thing, but who knows, maybe they will bring it back again.

> >

> > >**During the introductory week only**, dedicated collectors can purchase a bundle of 30 Mount Adoption Licenses at a discount and take home every mount breed currently sold through the Black Lion Stables

> > https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/the-reforged-warhound-and-friends-are-looking-for-homes/

>

> To me, it says 'buy them at a discount now, or (perhaps) pay full price when they return'. /shrug

> Almost everything makes a return, sooner or later.

That makes no sense, you're paying full price while buying them 'one-by-one'.

So no.

You guys really find everything to complain about. If you wanted to buy you would do so already. Are you telling me you're farming that much gold to get 10k gems in order to buy it and it happened that you ran out of time? You had a week to open the wallet and buy.

Also, stop pretending like limited time items or discounts are GW2 exclusive thing.

> @serialkicker.5274 said:

> You guys really find everything to complain about. If you wanted to buy you would do so already. Are you telling me you're farming that much gold to get 10k gems in order to buy it and it happened that you ran out of time? You had a week to open the wallet and buy.

> Also, stop pretending like limited time items or discounts are GW2 exclusive thing.

I mean, yeah? I've been farming for gems since I could only spend $30 directly. Running SW and the leather farm three or four hours a day from release wasn't enough to afford the package deal.

I was sorely tempted to buy that 9600 but two things put me off. The first was that it did not come with a title or other thing to show I`d gone bananas with the money. The second was that the gem store wouldn't let me buy that many gems at once - the largest gem amount being 8000. It felt rather uncomfortable to have to make two transactions instead of just the one - anet literally broke the bank and this was something I could feel.

What I am probably going to do is get a ten mount bundle with real money and then buy occasional mounts with in game gem conversion. That should give me enough mounts to play around with and not be too huge that it feels painful.

> @Batelle.1680 said:

> > @serialkicker.5274 said:

> > You guys really find everything to complain about. If you wanted to buy you would do so already. Are you telling me you're farming that much gold to get 10k gems in order to buy it and it happened that you ran out of time? You had a week to open the wallet and buy.

> > Also, stop pretending like limited time items or discounts are GW2 exclusive thing.

>

> I mean, yeah? I've been farming for gems since I could only spend $30 directly. Running SW and the leather farm three or four hours a day from release wasn't enough to afford the package deal.

If you can farm gold for 6k+ gems, i'm sure farming those 250g extra for 800 gems won't kill you. If everyone would cry about sales ending too soon and they couldn't get whatever item in time, we could have one separate forum just for that.

> @Batelle.1680 said:

> > @serialkicker.5274 said:

> > You guys really find everything to complain about. If you wanted to buy you would do so already. Are you telling me you're farming that much gold to get 10k gems in order to buy it and it happened that you ran out of time? You had a week to open the wallet and buy.

> > Also, stop pretending like limited time items or discounts are GW2 exclusive thing.

>

> I mean, yeah? I've been farming for gems since I could only spend $30 directly. Running SW and the leather farm three or four hours a day from release wasn't enough to afford the package deal.

Then farm more gold for the 2,400 more gems.

You know...unless the problem is something else. Such as the whole package was podunk.

> @serialkicker.5274 said:

> You guys really find everything to complain about. If you wanted to buy you would do so already. Are you telling me you're farming that much gold to get 10k gems in order to buy it and it happened that you ran out of time? You had a week to open the wallet and buy.

> Also, stop pretending like limited time items or discounts are GW2 exclusive thing.

It cost 9,600 gems. That's £102 or $120 which is not the kind of money most people tend to have spare to spend on cosmetic items in a game at short notice. I suspect a lot of people would need to wait until at least their next pay day, or save up for a while to afford that. It's also assuming everyone was able to get online for the entire time it was available.

Using myself as an example I was affected by both of those because these mounts were released just before I went on holiday abroad for a week. So I had just 3 days to buy it, at a time when I really wanted to be saving all my spare cash for the trip. And with Christmas coming up too, meaning I normally stop buying stuff for myself to focus on getting gifts for everyone else. (Fortunately I decided I didn't want to buy it anyway, but it would be frustrating if I'd wanted it.)

People are right that we were told when it was first introduced that it was a limited time offer, and that if you're buying it (with gold or real money) the extra 800 gems for 3 packs of 10 is not a big deal. But to act like everyone who might want it could easily have bought it within the time it was available is incredibly naïve.

> @Hevoskuuri.3891 said:

> If someone has the funds to buy it in the first place, a 800-gem increase in the price shouldn't sting too much.

Not even 800 gems, dude. **It's a 600 gem difference, 10200 vs 9600 (aka.. $7.50 USD.)**

The OP is crying over 7 bucks (155 gold convert to gems).

Go do a few HoT metas, visit the Silverwastes and call it a day. :wink:

> @Sobx.1758 said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > @nottsgman.8206 said:

> > > the bolded part in the quote implies (to me anyway) it is a one time thing, but who knows, maybe they will bring it back again.

> > >

> > > >**During the introductory week only**, dedicated collectors can purchase a bundle of 30 Mount Adoption Licenses at a discount and take home every mount breed currently sold through the Black Lion Stables

> > > https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/the-reforged-warhound-and-friends-are-looking-for-homes/

> >

> > To me, it says 'buy them at a discount now, or (perhaps) pay full price when they return'. /shrug

> > Almost everything makes a return, sooner or later.

>

> That makes no sense, you're paying full price while buying them 'one-by-one'.

> So no.

So, yeah. I'm afraid you can't say what statements mean to me. Plus, you have no idea what kind of discount might be offered when/if the package returns.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @Sobx.1758 said:

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > > @nottsgman.8206 said:

> > > > the bolded part in the quote implies (to me anyway) it is a one time thing, but who knows, maybe they will bring it back again.

> > > >

> > > > >**During the introductory week only**, dedicated collectors can purchase a bundle of 30 Mount Adoption Licenses at a discount and take home every mount breed currently sold through the Black Lion Stables

> > > > https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/the-reforged-warhound-and-friends-are-looking-for-homes/

> > >

> > > To me, it says 'buy them at a discount now, or (perhaps) pay full price when they return'. /shrug

> > > Almost everything makes a return, sooner or later.

> >

> > That makes no sense, you're paying full price while buying them 'one-by-one'.

> > So no.

>

> So, yeah. I'm afraid you can't say what statements mean to me. Plus, you have no idea what kind of discount might be offered when/if the package returns.

"I have no idea what statements mean to you"? What? I don't care what they "mean to you", I care that what you said is clearly illogical and simply wrong.

So no.

> @JaddynnStarr.5201 said:

> its still there, its just been cut into 3 pieces of 10 for 3400 gems now.

The 10 pack of mount adoption licenses were there from the first day they were introduced. They didn't add that after the 30 pack ended.

Even at full price (buying the licenses one at a time), it's still pretty cheap at 400 gems each. The only problem I have is not being able to choose _which_ mount skins I want.