Three obvious tweaks to Soulbeast

leasm.1279

After trying some new specs in PoF, I'm amazed at Soulbeast. The ability to merge on demand, the beastmode abilities in general, the stances, and the way they implemented the dagger. Having a blast.

But just at first glance I already noticed a few obvious tweaks and QoL improvements to be made (in order of importance):

**1) Need ASAP pet swap while merged**.

Many traits depend on pet swap, which become useless in beastmode, and also having to leave beastmode just to swap pets is too awkward. This is not to make the profession stronger, this is just to make it more finished and FLUID. I mean, increase the pet swap cooldown while merged if necessary, or add any other mechanic to not allow abuse (such as not allowing swap just after merging), but please don't forget to allow pet swap.

**2) Let us choose our F3**.

Each pet family granting different F1+F2 skills is ok, but please give us more freedom to choose our F3 (an also the archetype bonuses). The devs have randomly distributed archetypes among pets, and some results simply add unecessary restrictions. **Having a CHOICE is always better than arbitrary decisions**. For example, Jacaranda already has a heal on F2, and it forces me into another healing F3 plus bonus outgoing heal. Not everyone need that much healing. I'd love to mix my Jacaranda with a Deadly archetype. Another example is Smokescale.. I'd love to use it on my condi Soulbeast, but it gives me power and ferocity only. I refuse to have ferocity on a condi build.

**3) Fix the traits that still don't work on beastmode**.

I mean the pet traits that simply do nothing when merged. Most already have an alternative funcionality, but a few still are missing. For example, Empathic Bond, Poison Master, etc.

I would love for these to be implemented. I rely on the smokescale so much for utility (stealth and then gap closer/evade frame from the merged Smoke Assault), but whenever I try condi in a PvP setting, it feels lacking something. It just feels weird to use the smokescale on a condi Soulbeast build, but I feel like it's still the best choice. Not for highest DPS, but because of the added utility. I think this highlights a larger issue, which is that _they need to seriously work on the merged pet skills_. Most of them are crap. Some are good, but that's just because they happened to copy-paste over better as actual player skills. I would love to actually use a bird for the mobility, but not until that pathetic swoop distance gets addressed. There are other pets that have potential, but as they stand now, they just don't compete. This is the #1 thing that frustrates me about the Soulbeast specialization.

You forgot:

4.: Fix the bugged or underpowered pet skills, like the feline beastmode skills or the beastmode bird swoop. The spider poison field that cant hit at melee. The absolute stupid porcine F2-pet skill.

5. Balance the dagger. It has just 3 skills. Why should 2 skills do nearly the same and are also underwhelming, like skill 3.