Scourge makes Reaper redundant

Crinn.7864

> @intox.6347 said:

> But game is only about personal preference. You choose it because of it, and you still playing it coz of it. Or you are forced to play game which you dont like ? So if ppl like other things, they play other games. You talking about that too much in theory... give me example of "another fantasy mmo" which is in many way same like gw2 ? Its not that easy...

There are many that have quite a few of the aspects to this game, the ONE thing they lack is having BOTH the combat system + Realm Vs Realm type gameplay, TESO has the RvR but has WOEFUL combat for example. My perfect game:

Combat System: Guild Wars 2

Graphics: Black Desert Online

Realm Vs Realm: Mix of Guild Wars 2 + TESO

Character Progression: Mix of Rift, Guild Wars 1 and TESO

PvE: World of Warcraft

Dungeons: Mix of Guild Wars 2 + World of Warcraft

Raids: Mix of Rift + World of Warcraft

This type of game would be awesome. But wont ever happen :(

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @ilmau.9781 said:

> > @Obtena.7952 said:

> > > @ilmau.9781 said:

> > > > @Obtena.7952 said:

> > > > > @Crinn.7864 said:

> > > > > >@Obtena.7952 said:

> > > > > > > @TheDevice.2751 said:

> > > > > > > > @Obtena.7952 said:

> > > > > > > > Good link because what I got from it: Anet has already been using game data to balance the classes all along. Somehow you read from that Anet chases meta based on that? And interesting but unsound bit of logic. Let's go through it.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Karl is saying they have been boosting lower performance builds using ingame data. But here we are, with numerous players claiming they aren't providing the things Anet says they are trying to achieve. So either a) players don't get what Anet's definition of balance is or b) Anet are simply terrible at achieving balance. Either way, that statement simply confirms what we already know ... Anet does use game data to assess their changes. So if you want to make meaningful changes to the game, the best way to do that is to play the game.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I don't see anything in that statement from Karl that makes me think Anet chase meta around with class changes to deliver balance (let's call it performance equivalence) ... nor do I see anything in game that makes me think they are doing it either. Do I have diverse, performance equivalent builds within a class? Do I have these diverse, performance equivalent builds over all classes? I would say no to both those questions. So why would anyone believe their individual idea of balance matches what Anet delivers as their version? That makes no sense.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You're saying there are more types of balance which just suits your own argument. What other idea of balance is there than "performance equivalence"? Not sure anyone has ever heard of these other types of balance. Either you have balance.. or you don't. Not a difficult concept really.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It doesn't suit my argument, it's how Anet works; again, I ask you:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > _If Anet is inline with the idea of balance, why do we not have diverse, performance equivalent builds within a class? Why do we not have diverse, performance equivalent builds over all classes?_ We have had 5 years ... we don't have these things. So either Anet doesn't care or can't balance (which Karl refutes in that post) or their ideas of balance must have some additional considerations other than performance. What other options are there?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You can continue ignore the fact they care greatly about maintaining the concept for the classes, but that will simply continue frustrate you.

> > > > >

> > > > > If areanet is not balancing on performance equivalence, then they better start balancing on performance equivalence, given that performance equivalence is one of the primary concerns of a large portion of their playerbase. Oh and the two PvP gamemodes _require_ performance equivalence in order to give a good experience to the participants.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Seems to me they do well enough doing it their way ... if people haven't been getting a good experience, this game wouldn't exist at this point. Truly, there is more to owing the existence of an MMO than class balance; the fact is that it's nice to have, it's not a must have. I've played more balanced MMO's that were much shorter lived.

> > > >

> > > > Certainly, it's more of a concern in PVP, but we can't ignore the importance of strategy and tactics in those situations as well. In otherwords, playing smart has quite a bit of sway in situations where people are using underperforming classes and playing against real people. Is that fair? Probably not, but it's real.

> > >

> > > this game is still alive for the only reason there are not good option to it.

> >

> > Is that a serious comment? There are no other good options for fantasy MMO's other than GW2? As normal, this ranks right up there as some of the most sensational comments you could have come up with. I'm going to put no effort into proving why that statement is demonstrably false.

>

> i am only interested in Realm vs Realm which in this game is called WvW.

>

> So, MMO speaking there are no good option to it, this is not my only PoV but many many many guilds are still here playing for this only reason, we suffer in silence from years being forced to changes we dislike.

> @intox.6347 said:

> > @Obtena.7952 said:

>

> > Hey, that's a personal preference. What doesn't work for you works for someone else. That's not really to my point though ... which is to say there ARE other fantasy MMO's on the market ... so when someone makes up BS by saying the only reason the game is alive because there isn't any alternatives ... that's garbage.

>

> But game is only about personal preference. You choose it because of it, and you still playing it coz of it. Or you are forced to play game which you dont like ? So if ppl like other things, they play other games. You talking about that too much in theory... give me example of "another fantasy mmo" which is in many way same like gw2 ? Its not that easy...

That makes no sense. The game doesn't exist because there aren't alternatives for it ... for a SINGLE person.

> @Obtena.7952 said:

> For you yes, but that game isn't customized for you. It's made to appeal to many people. So when someone says there isn't any alternatives and that's the only reason alive, that's wrong because it's not just about one person playing it.

I would say the balance is a big part of why its played. The balance is SO badly balanced that it keeps some people playing, while also being so bad that its pushed others away. Many play it now because of how little effort you need to win fights. Many for that exact reason but were WANTING a skill based, challenging game where skill is more important than class and build.

> @ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

> > @Obtena.7952 said:

> > For you yes, but that game isn't customized for you. It's made to appeal to many people. So when someone says there isn't any alternatives and that's the only reason alive, that's wrong because it's not just about one person playing it.

>

> I would say the balance is a big part of why its played. The balance is SO badly balanced that it keeps some people playing, while also being so bad that its pushed others away. Many play it now because of how little effort you need to win fights. Many for that exact reason but were WANTING a skill based, challenging game where skill is more important than class and build.

>

Could be, but that's not what I'm talking about.

> @Obtena.7952 said:

> That makes no sense. The game doesn't exist because there aren't alternatives for it ... for a SINGLE person.

Why you talk about single person lol ? If you count only single person, u think about all of this wrong. Its same like i say i dont like taylor swift and her songs. But why is she that popular then ? So if you count all these ppl playing GW2 coz of its atributtes.... they found why they play it... and not found that mojo in any other game...

Bad things start happening when that basic thing why u like is still here, but other things around starting get real messy.... but u didnt find alternative... so u stuck in it... and just complain and hope for better in future.

> @Lahmia.2193 said:

> (...) it has happened in the past in gw1 with dervish.

Once in a while, I mourn the loss of James Phinney, lead designer on Starcraft and Guild Wars. He left ANet in 2009 while they were working on GW2. :cry:

I'm not at liberty to speak my mind about the current design/balance team, so let's just say the game isn't as e-sport as Starcraft. :angry:

> @intox.6347 said:

> > @Obtena.7952 said:

>

> > That makes no sense. The game doesn't exist because there aren't alternatives for it ... for a SINGLE person.

> Why you talk about single person lol ? If you count only single person, u think about all of this wrong. Its same like i say i dont like taylor swift and her songs. But why is she that popular then ? So if you count all these ppl playing GW2 coz of its atributtes.... they found why they play it... and not found that mojo in any other game...

> Bad things start happening when that basic thing why u like is still here, but other things around starting get real messy.... but u didnt find alternative... so u stuck in it... and just complain and hope for better in future.

>

Because you jumped into a conversation you weren't following ... I was talking to someone about the options for fasntasy MMO's .. somehow you jumped into that conversation about your preference. To be honest, I don't understand what your post had to do with anything we were talking about to begin with.