Living Season 4 Query

Marrv.4760

Not been able to find the answer via searches;

When Living Season 4 becomes available (been told around 28th November?) will Living season 2 become unplayable or will it remain playable? Not completed it yet so I do not want to miss out but at the same time I do not want to rush through it unless I do not have to

Seasons 2 and 3 are permanently available. Even after Season 4 comes out you'll be able to play them on all your characters (even new ones you might make later on).

The only Season which has ever been removed is Season 1 and that's because it was using a totally different system. It was designed to be temporary from the start - each release was only playable during a 2 week or 1 month long period, then it was removed and the next one added. Anet thought it was a good idea at the time, but players kept asking for permanent content instead so at the end of Season 1 they stopped that system and made the switch to permanent releases like we have now.

I can't imagine they're ever going to go back on that because it would be extremely badly received by pretty much everyone. They may make new content which is only available temporarily - the might have already done that with the Current Events stuff since it's seperate from the Living Story and they've never actually said it's permanent - but the Seasons are not going anywhere.