Nothing new for WvW.

CrimeMaker.8612

From what I can tell you on the communication side is %. Let's say 20% of the WvW population frequents the form and 80% doesn't.

The 20% communicates with Anet on changes, possible poll is enacted. There is no in game notice of said poll so the 80% is totally oblivious of pending change.

Change is made and the 80% floods the forum screaming...

> @"X T D.6458" said:

> > @CrimeMaker.8612 said:

> > Took them two year to nerf deathly chill in WvW if that says anything.

>

> The WvW devs have no control over class balance. It is a different department.

Let me know when you spot a wvw dev. There are none assigned to wvw. hence no class balance for wvw, or new maps, or much of anything.

Every now and again a dev spends ten minutes doing something for wvw which is then released to huge fanfare, and then it all goes quiet for another year or longer.

> @Loosmaster.8263 said:

> From what I can tell you on the communication side is %. Let's say 20% of the WvW population frequents the form and 80% doesn't.

>

> The 20% communicates with Anet on changes, possible poll is enacted. There is no in game notice of said poll so the 80% is totally oblivious of pending change.

>

> Change is made and the 80% floods the forum screaming...

Well then you got 100% on the forum after that, mission accomplished.

> @Baldrick.8967 said:

> > @"X T D.6458" said:

> > > @CrimeMaker.8612 said:

> > > Took them two year to nerf deathly chill in WvW if that says anything.

> >

> > The WvW devs have no control over class balance. It is a different department.

>

> Let me know when you spot a wvw dev. There are none assigned to wvw. hence no class balance for wvw, or new maps, or much of anything.

>

> Every now and again a dev spends ten minutes doing something for wvw which is then released to huge fanfare, and then it all goes quiet for another year or longer.

Just because they are not running an anet tag does not mean they are not in wvw. They have their own personal accounts.

They gave us gliding. The gliding zones idea is good. They added Warbringer the coolest looking backpack ever, and legendary armor to wvw.

What keeps me coming back are the legendary items with pips. But the fights are fun so I don't mind the grind.

Yeah we could all come up with 50 cool things they could add, but they did a lot relatively recently.

For me though, after I'm done with my full legendary set wvw (already have warbringer) this weekend, I'm gonna have a lot less reasons to come to wvw, as i won't be making a 2nd or 3rd set for sure.

Really all i'd like right now... something new to grind pips for.

Either that or random environmental conditions and powerful monsters flying in the sky doing damage to us randomly and occasional bursts from the ground sprouting up dozens of very fast monsters that like to explode in our faces and also some control points like king of the hill and whoever controls them gets ghosts that zerg and randomly attack enemy structures... but I doubt this is coming.

> @FrouFrou.4958 said:

> Why would you want another tournament anyway? Isn't bandwagoning and lopsided matches already a big issue enough as it is without making it even worse?

The tournaments actually did more harm than good in the past. It actually killed several servers that the match manipulation put them up in tiers where they shouldn't be so that others could get easy wins. While others that were stacked went down in tiers so they could get easy wins.

> @CrimeMaker.8612 said:

> PoF drops.

> Nothing major for WvW.

>

> Ogrewatch gets moved with the last balance patch but no major balance changes in WvW conceding condition spam and stacking.

>

> Season 6 Episode 1 dropping 2 months after PoF with a new raid wing and new fractal.

>

> Okay. What about WvW??? Nothing? Nothing for another 6 months?

>

> People have made posts on bringing tournaments back. There have been multiple ideas out there that will prevent players from burning out. No response from Arena Net.

>

> People complained guild hall arena being too small which didn't even get fix with new expansion! Okay then people asked from Obsidian Sanctum to become instances based map. No response from Arena Net.

>

> Arena Net are we going to get anything or another year which will consist of silence for first 6 months then you will drops a update and spend next 6 months fixing it?

>

> In the mean time PvE will get 6 or 7 episodes of living seasons or more with a new map new raid wing and new fractal each time.

>

> GG on killing your own game mode.

>

> *clap clap clap*

All WvW players just need to come to the table and have a talk. "We are the game mode" and if we can get on page (I can hear the distant LOL's as I type) and have a firm directive we can make things happen but right now we are all over the board asking for this and that.

> @CrimeMaker.8612 said:

>

> GG on killing your own game mode.

>

> *clap clap clap*

to me it seems they want it dead instead of what could be the revival of the competitive scene in this game since the fall of PVP. imagine the tournaments for nice prizes they could make with this mode.

they don't care.

this is still in many instances true: