How optimal is shortbow in wvw?

Joshewwah.2956

> @Joshewwah.2956 said:

> > @Loboling.5293 said:

> > There is more than one thing you can do in wvw. It's viable for roaming, will not likely do much more than tag for zergs or gvg. So I'd say it's mostly viable in roaming, with added use as a loot stick.

>

> How is it not good for zergs?

Not enough aoe, projectile attacks.

> @Justine.6351 said:

> > @Joshewwah.2956 said:

> > > @Loboling.5293 said:

> > > There is more than one thing you can do in wvw. It's viable for roaming, will not likely do much more than tag for zergs or gvg. So I'd say it's mostly viable in roaming, with added use as a loot stick.

> >

> > How is it not good for zergs?

>

> Not enough aoe, projectile attacks.

The ranger longbow only has 1 aoe attack and it has a huge cooldown. Is the elementalist not superior in every way compared to the ranger in regards to aoe damage?

> @Joshewwah.2956 said:

> > @Justine.6351 said:

> > > @Joshewwah.2956 said:

> > > > @Loboling.5293 said:

> > > > There is more than one thing you can do in wvw. It's viable for roaming, will not likely do much more than tag for zergs or gvg. So I'd say it's mostly viable in roaming, with added use as a loot stick.

> > >

> > > How is it not good for zergs?

> >

> > Not enough aoe, projectile attacks.

>

> The ranger longbow only has 1 aoe attack and it has a huge cooldown. Is the elementalist not superior in every way compared to the ranger in regards to aoe damage?

It is superior, for zerging.

> @Justine.6351 said:

> > > @Justine.6351 said:

> > > > @Joshewwah.2956 said:

> > > > > @Loboling.5293 said:

> > > > > There is more than one thing you can do in wvw. It's viable for roaming, will not likely do much more than tag for zergs or gvg. So I'd say it's mostly viable in roaming, with added use as a loot stick.

> > > >

> > > > How is it not good for zergs?

> > >

> > > Not enough aoe, projectile attacks.

> >

> > The ranger longbow only has 1 aoe attack and it has a huge cooldown. Is the elementalist not superior in every way compared to the ranger in regards to aoe damage?

>

> It is superior, for zerging.

Then how is it that everyone assumes that the shortbow isn't good for zerging? Is a front line **melee ** soulbeast with a greatsword superior to a **ranged ** shortbow?

> @Joshewwah.2956 said:

> > @Justine.6351 said:

> > > > @Justine.6351 said:

> > > > > @Joshewwah.2956 said:

> > > > > > @Loboling.5293 said:

> > > > > > There is more than one thing you can do in wvw. It's viable for roaming, will not likely do much more than tag for zergs or gvg. So I'd say it's mostly viable in roaming, with added use as a loot stick.

> > > > >

> > > > > How is it not good for zergs?

> > > >

> > > > Not enough aoe, projectile attacks.

> > >

> > > The ranger longbow only has 1 aoe attack and it has a huge cooldown. Is the elementalist not superior in every way compared to the ranger in regards to aoe damage?

> >

> > It is superior, for zerging.

>

> Then how is it that everyone assumes that the shortbow isn't good for zerging? Is a front line **melee ** soulbeast with a greatsword superior to a **ranged ** shortbow?

Staff ele is superior.

> @Joshewwah.2956 said:

> Title

No is not. Shortbow is good only for PVE. Maybe it works in sPVP because there you have small area and the fight is somewhere between melee and 600-900 range. In wvw Shortbow isn't good at all, not for Roaming or zerg.

For roaming in wvw it's already proved that LB, GS, Sword+Warhorn are the best weapons. Also Power build for Soulbeast is much better than Condi build.

Also in zerg you can do more damage with LB+"Lead the Wind" (5 targets and pierce for every of those 5 skills, +1500 range (4 skills) and 1200 (1 skill)) than SB+"Light on your Feet" (5 targets and pierce but with only 900 range for all 5 skills). You are one of the 3 classes who can hit sieges on walls, hills with LB ... So atm Shortbow is not suitable for wvw, in any of type: roaming, zerg or gvg.

> @Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

> > Title

>

> No is not. Shortbow is good only for PVE. Maybe it works in sPVP because there you have small area and the fight is somewhere between melee and 600-900 range. In wvw Shortbow isn't good at all, not for Roaming or zerg.

> For roaming in wvw it's already proved that LB, GS, Sword+Warhorn are the best weapons. Also Power build for Soulbeast is much better than Condi build.

> Also in zerg you can do more damage with LB+"Lead the Wind" (5 targets and pierce for every of those 5 skills, +1500 range (4 skills) and 1200 (1 skill)) than SB+"Light on your Feet" (5 targets and pierce but with only 900 range for all 5 skills). You are one of the 3 classes who can hit sieges on walls, hills with LB ... So atm Shortbow is not suitable for wvw, in any of type: roaming, zerg or gvg.

Thank you

> @Joshewwah.2956 said:

> > @Justine.6351 said:

> > > > @Loboling.5293 said:

> > > > There is more than one thing you can do in wvw. It's viable for roaming, will not likely do much more than tag for zergs or gvg. So I'd say it's mostly viable in roaming, with added use as a loot stick.

> > >

> > > How is it not good for zergs?

> >

> > Not enough aoe, projectile attacks.

>

> The ranger longbow only has 1 aoe attack and it has a huge cooldown. Is the elementalist not superior in every way compared to the ranger in regards to aoe damage?

They are superior. But we might as well bring heralds and especially scourges into this discussion then. Both of which completely outclass any other ranged DPS builds in terms of blob fighting on top of the long list of their other strengths.

Anyways, short bow is a very underwhelming option for any ranger build in WvW at the moment. No offense, but how anyone could think a weak single target weapon such as the short bow would be good in blobs is beyond me.

>

> They are superior. But we might as well bring heralds and especially scourges into this discussion then. Both of which completely outclass any other ranged DPS builds in terms of blob fighting on top of the long list of their other strengths.

>

How is herald better ranged dps than ele, maybe scourge maybe. I run glass ele and decimate zergs, my dps is 90% of the time highest in raid. Yes its easy to die if you out position but ele has plenty to avoid out positioning.

> @Casty.9743 said:

> >

> > They are superior. But we might as well bring heralds and especially scourges into this discussion then. Both of which completely outclass any other ranged DPS builds in terms of blob fighting on top of the long list of their other strengths.

> >

>

> How is herald better ranged dps than ele, maybe scourge maybe. I run glass ele and decimate zergs, my dps is 90% of the time highest in raid. Yes its easy to die if you out position but ele has plenty to avoid out positioning.

People confuse spike damage with dps for some reason idk.