I used to spend gem

I am looking my gem and gemstore today, where I haven’t done so since I don’t remember how long ago. I want to spend those gem, but I cannot find a single item to buy.

I read my recent purchase, only bank, character slot on discount and nothing. I used to spend a lot of gem on gemstore armor set, i owned almost every set available in gemstore.

Now new armor set no longer sell on gemstore, and it is not even created in regular updates besides new expansion. Holy, 2 years wait at least for new expansion...

I know there is single piece of gear like helmet, glove etc get released. But the most important armor part is chest and legging with weight class are missing. I wish we get new full armor set with weight class like silverwaste once at a while, gemstore or ingame reward, seriously.

> @Vayne.8563 said:

> People complained about full suits of armor being in the gem store instead of in the game, so Anet went to outfits for the gem store and full sets of armor in the game. The community did ask for it.

You forgot about all the people hating on armour because pieces from 2 different sets clipped.

> @Vayne.8563 said:

> People complained about full suits of armor being in the gem store instead of in the game, so Anet went to outfits for the gem store and full sets of armor in the game. The community did ask for it.

Wow, your white-knighting has come to the point that I have rarely agreed with you for some time now, but I hadn't yet come to expect flagrant misrepresentation of facts to blame players for developer decisions.

Players complained that there were no armor sets being added as gameplay rewards, that armor sets were being added to the gemstore was inconsequential, as players did not see that complaint as a choice between gameplay or the store.

And neither did the devs, who already stated their reasons for these changes years ago on the old forums and they had nothing to do with player feedback, but with the time constraints in creating armor combined with a general lack of mass appeal. Creating an armor set for just one weight took a lot of time and resources, and then that armor set would only apply to a third of characters, and that third would be further cut down by personal tastes and the accompanying convenience purchases necessary to use and store said armor, resulting in armor sets being bought by too few players to be profitable for how infrequently they could be released.

Outfits addressed all that. But in my opinion, more than anything else they were so much cheaper and quicker to make that they could still be profitable when purchased by a smaller portion of the playerbase per item, could be put out at greater frequency and volume, and upon a failed release be a relatively inconsequential loss.

Problem is we got much less armor set now as a result gemstore or not. I miss the good old days where gemstore armor set was a thing.

It was one of the best feature of GW2, the ability to transmute gear skin with own color customization. With outfit being a thing in gemstore, it is killing one of the best feature of his own.

Agreed. Most long-time players already have their character slots, bank slots, storage expanders, shared slots, etc. roughly where they want them, so those are not going to be major growth areas anymore.

So now we have Outfits, armor skins, weapon skins, and Mount Skins.

Outfits, I will _never_ buy, no matter how cool they might look, because they cannot be mixed and matched with armor pieces. If I can't be creative with them, I can't be bothered.

Mount skins I want, but I will not participate in a corrupt RNG mechanism, so my only options are an overly expensive Jackal skin that I wouldn't even want for 400 gems (it's well done, but not my style), and an expired bundle that I just didn't like the aesthetic on. I am still waiting for them to take the 30 skins they do have an release them in a non-corrupt method, individual purchases for individual skins.

Weapon Skins are also often in RNG packs. I bought a few of their weapon skins in the past when they offered them straight (like Kasmeer's Staff, Belinda's sword, and the whip-sword), but I'm not going to gamble for them. These can at least be resold, so I've bought a few off the TP, but they haven't released enough of these, and the TP prices tend to be a bit much for me. I'd prefer to be able to buy them off the gem store directly.

Armor Skins, meh. Most of the armor pieces they've offered on the Gem Store haven't been my style. Then, as the OP notes, they are mostly gloves and boots and other side pieces, not core body. I know *why* they aren't core body, but **ANet needs to fix this.** I don't mean that as "ANet *should* fix this," I mean that it is *absolutely necessary* to the future of the game that ANet invest the time and resources to fix this.

ANet needs to take the time and effort needed to overhaul the entire wardrobe system in such a way that light, medium, and heavy armors can be mixed and matched at will, allowing them to throw a single chest piece onto the gem store and characters of all three weights could equip it if they like. I am well aware of the effort this would take, it might require hand modifying 2/3 or more of the armor pieces in the game to look slightly different and fit a new paradigm. Maybe even *every* armor piece in the game. But still it is necessary. This change would open the floodgates, allowing them to release existing Outfits as standard armor sets, allowing players to buy individual chest and leg pieces and wear them on any character they like, it would be the biggest QoL expansion that the game has ever made, a bigger deal than Mounts.

As for Outfits, they should have a mechanism to save the clothing you're wearing, perhaps turning them *into* an Outfit, allowing you to swap between multiple styles without actually changing inventory or using Transmutations. There are multiple ways they could achieve this. For people who really enjoy Outfits for their convenience, if they can't implement a comprehensive style-swapping mechanism then they could release outfits and armor as a bundle, so for example if you bought the "Balthazar's Regalia" bundle you would get the Outfit, same as now, but also unlock the armor version for each slot, and could transmute those at will, whichever works for you.

But yeah, for the time being, with what is being offered, I just have nothing to spend gems on. I bought the $90 PoF package, and still have something like 3000 gems sitting around with nothing I can spend them on.

> @Crossaber.8934 said:

> I am looking my gem and gemstore today, where I haven’t done so since I don’t remember how long ago. I want to spend those gem, but I cannot find a single item to buy.

>

> I read my recent purchase, only bank, character slot on discount and nothing. I used to spend a lot of gem on gemstore armor set, i owned almost every set available in gemstore.

>

> Now new armor set no longer sell on gemstore, and it is not even created in regular updates besides new expansion. Holy, 2 years wait at least for new expansion...

>

> I know there is single piece of gear like helmet, glove etc get released. But the most important armor part is chest and legging with weight class are missing. I wish we get new full armor set with weight class like silverwaste once at a while, gemstore or ingame reward, seriously.

go and buy your wife/ girl some present. I think, it has more value.

> @Seyiwaji.4082 said:

> > @Crossaber.8934 said:

> > I am looking my gem and gemstore today, where I haven’t done so since I don’t remember how long ago. I want to spend those gem, but I cannot find a single item to buy.

> >

> > I read my recent purchase, only bank, character slot on discount and nothing. I used to spend a lot of gem on gemstore armor set, i owned almost every set available in gemstore.

> >

> > Now new armor set no longer sell on gemstore, and it is not even created in regular updates besides new expansion. Holy, 2 years wait at least for new expansion...

> >

> > I know there is single piece of gear like helmet, glove etc get released. But the most important armor part is chest and legging with weight class are missing. I wish we get new full armor set with weight class like silverwaste once at a while, gemstore or ingame reward, seriously.

>

> go and buy your wife/ girl some present. I think, it has more value.

Good suggestions! How do i use my gem to buy anything to my wife that don’t play gw2?

Did you do that to get more value out of it? Nice!

I usually spend more time with my wife instead of playing game, she loved that.

> @Crossaber.8934 said:

> > @Seyiwaji.4082 said:

> > > @Crossaber.8934 said:

> > > I am looking my gem and gemstore today, where I haven’t done so since I don’t remember how long ago. I want to spend those gem, but I cannot find a single item to buy.

> > >

> > > I read my recent purchase, only bank, character slot on discount and nothing. I used to spend a lot of gem on gemstore armor set, i owned almost every set available in gemstore.

> > >

> > > Now new armor set no longer sell on gemstore, and it is not even created in regular updates besides new expansion. Holy, 2 years wait at least for new expansion...

> > >

> > > I know there is single piece of gear like helmet, glove etc get released. But the most important armor part is chest and legging with weight class are missing. I wish we get new full armor set with weight class like silverwaste once at a while, gemstore or ingame reward, seriously.

> >

> > go and buy your wife/ girl some present. I think, it has more value.

>

> Good suggestions! How do i use my gem to buy anything to my wife that don’t play gw2?

>

> Did you do that to get more value out of it? Nice!

>

> I usually spend more time with my wife instead of playing game, she loved that.

This is beautiful.

There's never been many armour sets in the gem store. There's 7 full sets for each weight, so 21 total. Plus 54 stand-alone pieces (mostly helmets, but also some shoulders, gloves and boots.)

At release there were 37 armour sets for light and medium and 36 for heavy which could be obtained in-game (so 110 total) and another 23 have been added for light and medium since release and 24 for heavy. (The extra set for heavy is Mistward armour).

There were 24 stand-alone pieces available in-game at launch (if you count the Tailpipe bandana which was originally town clothes), mostly the unique items each profession chooses at character creation. 70 have been added since launch, and if you count identical pieces available for different armour weights (like the Bloodstone Crown) separately you can almost triple that number.

Oh, there's also 55 outfits available in the gem store or black lion chests, and 2 available in-game.

As far as I remember Anet gave both reasons given in this topic for stopping making gem store armour sets. Players kept on asking them to stop making armour for the gem store and put it in-game instead (before that decision was made the only new armour sets which had ben added in-game was the one for ascended armour), and it was taking them far too much time to produce because they had to make 3 sets together and each had to be separate pieces that didn't clip (too much) with any of the existing pieces. Switching to outfits enabled them to release more new gem store items with fewer complaints, and it did also lead to new armour sets being added to the game. So from their perspective it was a win/win. Whichever reasons you choose to believe it's highly unlikely they're going to go back on that decision now.

> @Danikat.8537 said:

> There's never been many armour sets in the gem store. There's 7 full sets for each weight, so 21 total. Plus 54 stand-alone pieces (mostly helmets, but also some shoulders, gloves and boots.)

>

> At release there were 37 armour sets for light and medium and 36 for heavy which could be obtained in-game (so 110 total) and another 23 have been added for light and medium since release and 24 for heavy. (The extra set for heavy is Mistward armour).

>

> There were 24 stand-alone pieces available in-game at launch (if you count the Tailpipe bandana which was originally town clothes), mostly the unique items each profession chooses at character creation. 70 have been added since launch, and if you count identical pieces available for different armour weights (like the Bloodstone Crown) separately you can almost triple that number.

>

> Oh, there's also 55 outfits available in the gem store or black lion chests, and 2 available in-game.

>

> As far as I remember Anet gave both reasons given in this topic for stopping making gem store armour sets. Players kept on asking them to stop making armour for the gem store and put it in-game instead (before that decision was made the only new armour sets which had ben added in-game was the one for ascended armour), and it was taking them far too much time to produce because they had to make 3 sets together and each had to be separate pieces that didn't clip (too much) with any of the existing pieces. Switching to outfits enabled them to release more new gem store items with fewer complaints, and it did also lead to new armour sets being added to the game. So from their perspective it was a win/win. Whichever reasons you choose to believe it's highly unlikely they're going to go back on that decision now.

I got that they have their reason, but i find gemstore items are not very attractive to me at the moment. There was a thread suggesting new gemstore products, it was great, many good suggestions.

Weapon holding stance, aura, idk animation etc.

What about selling a lisence that open up armor skin weight restriction? Even only for helmet, shoulder, glove and boots...