Mount Skill Key Binding...

Xjarna.5098

Just a question of convenience, why are the mount ability 1 & 2 that are default V & C not allowed to be something that is mapped to a key that is normally bound to the normal hotbar? The combat abilities you have are not usable in mounted mode, so why not allow those same keys to be mapped to the mount ability 1 & 2 without it unmapping them from their normal hotbar setting? Example: I use Q & E for my Healing Skill and Utility Skill 1 respectively. I would like to use both Q and E as Mount Ability 1 and 2 while I'm mounted. It would save on using V & C exclusively for mounts when there wouldn't be a conflict with the keybinds because all but Weaspon Skill 1 is unused in Mounted bar.

I'm not talking about movement abilities, I'm referring to the mount ability 1 & 2 listed in the Mounts keybinding section default is Mount Ability 1 = V and Mount Ability 2 = C. These are only used as of now for the griffon as far as I can tell, no other mount uses them. They are used for the dive and pull up, primarily the Aerial Prowess and the Aerial Finesse mastery abilities that go along with it. I just don't see why when I try to key bind something that is keybound to the normal hotbar it is over written by the mount abilities that are only used when the normal hotbar is unused, save the 1 key while mounted. I have Q and E mapped to my Healing Skill = Q and Utility SKill 1 = E, I would like to have Mount Ability 1 = Q and Mount Ability 2 = E at the same time, which should not conflict because the normnal hotbar goes away while mounted and those key bindings are not being used at that time. But key binding Mount Ability 1 or 2 to Q or E, unmaps them from the normal hotbar, which I feel it shouldn't. Just a convenience thing I was hoping could be implemented, so keys can be consolidated better.

I'm not sure why the devs didn't make the mount ability 1 & 2 on the same as the weapon skills 1 & 2. I can only guess that they intend on doing mount combat skills like gliding combat on Bloodstone Fen. The game supports overlapping keys but you have to figure which has priority to the game. It doesn't matter currently because the weapon skills aren't currently in use while mounted. I use a Nostromo N52 and mapped the mount ability keys to the same as weapon skills 1 & 2.