Fun class for pvp?

Loboling.5293

I've been having a pretty bland time in pvp this season. I tend to tire after very few games. I'm looking for a class that is fun for pvp. Open my eyes to what's fun in this meta of pvp.

I've mainly focused on the Ranger (soulbeast & druid), which seems powerful, but it's a little boring.

Then there is the Revenant (herald), I love this build, but I can't make it work against more than one scourge. I make my team lose when I fight two scourges, so I just bring my soulbeast, who can shred scourges.

Thief: Bored, even before PoF released. (too much spam in HoT, and the new dead-eye is silly for pvp.) I did love daredevil on launch, but I eventually realized how spammy this class feels. And I much prefer the rev.

Elementalist: I grew tired of the complexity without the old feelings of rewards (this was my longest main from launch, oh how I miss immobilizing someone into a teleported trail of fire made from fgs! Best days of ele imo)

Engineer: My second favorite class, but I could never get into Holo. (maybe I just didn't give it enough of a chance) Engie, because of it's build diversity, is the only class I did world complete on. Super fun, but holo felt to take away what made engie great, and I'm also not a big fan of the introduction of toolbelt skills for elites. They didn't include racial elites, and having an extra buttom, just made engie that much more annoying for me to play.

Warrior: I could never get into, but I haven't tried spellbreaker. I only had to fight it a few times to see how broken it was, so I didn't want to contribute to the bad meta.

Necro: I find them too slow, overall, although a fun class for play occasionally. But, see above. I haven't played scourge, I find the gameplay cancer.

Mesmer: Fun profession, but I find myself feeling weak when playing. Maybe I'm just not good, I always had more success with engie, ele, rev (except in this meta) and ranger.

Guardian: Same as scourge and spellbreaker, except I tried this a bit, and I found it pretty boring tbh. Firebrand might be strong, but I just don't find the build invigorating. At least in the couple matches I tried.

So, based on what I've said, is there anything you'd recommend? I'd be tempted to give warrior another try, as they don't feel too broken anymore. (or much less so) I'm hoping for people to try and convince me on a good class for this season to try. I wish it could be rev, but I can't stand fighting 2 scourge teams. (I usually pve, while waiting for pvp queue, so hopefully, something fun in pve too)

Mirage. Fun because it's overpowered. You are squishy, so you will need to place yourself, and know your evades and outs. Only in T3 gold and higher ppl start to know how to counter them.

Spell breaker and support guards are pretty good. Dunno fun. But the main classes I have some issue taking down playing Mirage as main.

> @rwolf.9571 said:

> I remember when Gun flame was OP, alot of fun. But now it's nerfed into the ground.

wombos on axe-sh/gs or rifle/gs berserker are literally the only thing that keeps me logging in. sure, it’s not great when compared to meta- but i will always play a fun build over a meta build (if i have to make that choice, which ideally i shouldn’t).

ranked is so full of bots and scrubs that i can actually win a surprising (ie any) amount of 1v1s vs meta builds. so yeah, berserker is bad but i can make up for that by being mechanically better than my opponent.

> @choovanski.5462 said:

> > @rwolf.9571 said:

> > I remember when Gun flame was OP, alot of fun. But now it's nerfed into the ground.

>

> wombos on axe-sh/gs or rifle/gs berserker are literally the only thing that keeps me logging in. sure, it’s not great when compared to meta- but i will always play a fun build over a meta build (if i have to make that choice, which ideally i shouldn’t).

>

> ranked is so full of bots and scrubs that i can actually win a surprising (ie any) amount of 1v1s vs meta builds. so yeah, berserker is bad but i can make up for that by being mechanically better than my opponent.

I had a lot of fun with gunflame! Are you saying it's still fun to play. I'll tell you, I can enjoy any viable builds. It's when our team is getting triple capped and losing badly that the fun stops haha. For instance, on my herald I can still carry a game, (when there are no scourges, or sometimes with only 1). The gameplay is dynamic and fun, and the burst is nothing to laugh at.

Going to give gunflame a try right now in some unranked and see how it performs.

As for holo, it's like a kit, but with a cooldown, which is the opposite of what makes kits fun to play with. Which is why I moved to other classes. But it's possible the gameplay isn't as stale as it seemed at first. I just found it a little repetitive.

If I had a better computer I would try BDO.

> @choovanski.5462 said:

> > @rwolf.9571 said:

> > I remember when Gun flame was OP, alot of fun. But now it's nerfed into the ground.

>

> wombos on axe-sh/gs or rifle/gs berserker are literally the only thing that keeps me logging in. sure, it’s not great when compared to meta- but i will always play a fun build over a meta build (if i have to make that choice, which ideally i shouldn’t).

>

> ranked is so full of bots and scrubs that i can actually win a surprising (ie any) amount of 1v1s vs meta builds. so yeah, berserker is bad but i can make up for that by being mechanically better than my opponent.

Fringe builds are always fun to play against, there is a level of unpredictability in a way that catches a player off guard. Although sometimes bad... IE fought against a power zerker with sword/axe, LB.

With that note, I don't see warriors using axe anymore in higher tier play. Shame, bc I was weak against it as mirage.

> @Loboling.5293 said:

> > @choovanski.5462 said:

> > > @rwolf.9571 said:

> > > I remember when Gun flame was OP, alot of fun. But now it's nerfed into the ground.

> >

> > wombos on axe-sh/gs or rifle/gs berserker are literally the only thing that keeps me logging in. sure, it’s not great when compared to meta- but i will always play a fun build over a meta build (if i have to make that choice, which ideally i shouldn’t).

> >

> > ranked is so full of bots and scrubs that i can actually win a surprising (ie any) amount of 1v1s vs meta builds. so yeah, berserker is bad but i can make up for that by being mechanically better than my opponent.

>

> I had a lot of fun with gunflame! Are you saying it's still fun to play. I'll tell you, I can enjoy any viable builds. It's when our team is getting triple capped and losing badly that the fun stops haha. For instance, on my herald I can still carry a game, (when there are no scourges, or sometimes with only 1). The gameplay is dynamic and fun, and the burst is nothing to laugh at.

>

> Going to give gunflame a try right now in some unranked and see how it performs.

>

> As for holo, it's like a kit, but with a cooldown, which is the opposite of what makes kits fun to play with. Which is why I moved to other classes. But it's possible the gameplay isn't as stale as it seemed at first. I just found it a little repetitive.

>

> If I had a better computer I would try BDO.

give mending a go as your heal. it's actually really good, especially with rifle/gs. it removes condis and gives you a nice health top up. works well with RR and outrage. zerker stance gives a ton of adrenaline now, so you get some serious F1 spam.

tbh, gunflame beats scourge so it's actually pretty useful.

as far as holo goes, it's really strong- and from watching @"Chaith.8256" it looks really fun. still, I don't have PoF and have no intention of buying it, so I can't speak from experience.

BDO is like an RPG meets a fighting game, and it has the coolest classes in any game I have ever played. well worth upgrading your box. berserker in that game is like IronMan + The Hulk, it's out of this world.

----

@"rwolf.9571" dagger > axe, so that's why you don't see it much. however with core or Berserker axe/sh with greatsword is probably the best way to go. with axe mastery and zerker amulet it hits like a truck. the shockwave is pretty great cleave too.

but I still like the mobility and range from rifle/GS. being able to move in and out of melee is so helpful in scourge meta. it adds a lot to sustain too, just with the fact you can leave the point and still apply pressure.

I just tried a match of unranked with axe/sh rifle, zerker. It had some fun moments, and certainly felt a bit more visceral than the soulbeast. I thnk I'll give holo another shot now.

(FYI, I was pretty outclassed by spellbreaker on berserker; that and firebrand felt near impossible to overcome. The burst is certainly lower than soulbeast, thief or mesmer.)

Overall, I'd say berserker is viable in unranked, and pretty fun. I could maybe see someone making this work in ranked. Next time, with this I'll try gs/rifle.

Edit: I decided to try gs/rifle right away, and its way stronger imo. Wow, I felt like a powerhouse in unranked, which usually means it's at least viable for ranked. (gold)

Still going to try Holo, but I'm impressed with the gs/rifle berserker.

> @Loboling.5293 said:

> I just tried a match of unranked with axe/sh rifle, zerker. It had some fun moments, and certainly felt a bit more visceral than the soulbeast. I thnk I'll give holo another shot now.

>

> (FYI, I was pretty outclassed by spellbreaker on berserker; that and firebrand felt near impossible to overcome. The burst is certainly lower than soulbeast, thief or mesmer.)

>

> Overall, I'd say berserker is viable in unranked, and pretty fun. I could maybe see someone making this work in ranked. Next time, with this I'll try gs/rifle.

>

> Edit: I decided to try gs/rifle right away, and its way stronger imo. Wow, I felt like a powerhouse in unranked, which usually means it's at least viable for ranked. (gold)

>

> Still going to try Holo, but I'm impressed with the gs/rifle berserker.

yeah, rifle/gs is the way to go. the burst is bigger, & you can weave in & out of combat much better too.

theres a decent amount of trait variety too. crack shot, destruction of the empowered, & RR are all good alternative choices. i would argue that the stab & fury on berserker is essential tho. more gunflame crits is really hard to pass up. mending, outrage, endure pain, zerker stance and headbutt is the way to go for slot skills. bullscharge is not worth on rifle, but it’s good if you run axe/sh gs. zerker amulet & pack is the obvious choice, but picking up lynx is good if you run crack shot.

glad to see you’re enjoying berserker. really wish anet would revert the nerfs to adrenaline tho, that hurt sustain a ton.

still, i often can manage 20 kills & 0 deaths on rifle/gs so it’s not awful if you practice the mobility.

Same as OP about Mirage. It is fun, but it requires to practice for a good while to weave offense and defense decently enough to fully enjoy. And the learning process is a very poor experience in current environment. If it wasn't so bad, and if I wasn't feeling like wasting my time on this (left for dead) game, I would train Mirage.

> @Ara.4569 said:

> Same as OP about Mirage. It is fun, but it requires to practice for a good while to weave offense and defense decently enough to fully enjoy. And the learning process is a very poor experience in current environment. If it wasn't so bad, and if I wasn't feeling like wasting my time on this (left for dead) game, I would train Mirage.

I know I feel the same way.

Daredevil D/P is hands down the most fun PvP build in the game. If you’re spamming anything, you’re doing something very wrong.

The strat with this build is very different for every fight and the mobility makes gives games an incredibly fast pace. The mobility also makes map awareness more important than for any other class.

And there’s also nothing more satisfying than +1 on a fight where a teammate is about to get stomped and landing a perfect Impact Strike to turn the tide of a fight in less than a few seconds from across the map.

> @Flauvious.6195 said:

> This is just plain not a fun meta. The complex interesting classses are to to weak and the brain dead spammy ones are to stong.

Has this ever not been the case? This always happens, not just in gw2 but in every game.

Braindead and reliable is always preferred over high risk stuff.