Top Posters In This Topic

> @Jski.6180 said:

> > @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > > @Solori.6025 said:

> > > > @Ayrilana.1396 said:

> > > > > @Solori.6025 said:

> > > > > > @TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

> > > > > > > @reukies.6418 said:

> > > > > > > I can't believe there are people on the internet who actually do not support net neutrality...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > There are some people who say "we were fine before net neutrality"...that is by far the worst argument. Trusting a business is stupid, if they can make more money rather than being more moral, they are gonna go to make more money.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > The people who are okay with the extra charge for visiting certain sites don't realise that if this takes place, ISP would support the websites that paid their fees rather than those that don't. You can say goodbye to web innovations and new competitors starting up online because they will be put in the slow lane.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > */bAll this is doing is getting cable/TV packages for the internet where they sell website speeds*/b. How many new TV channels do you see on cable? Exactly.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Yay, another person who doesn't understand or ever read NN and Title II.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > WHERE does NN under Title II stop ISPs from charging for termination to end users? This propaganda is getting old.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Where are your examples of this internet with all of these levels for the whole history up until 2015/2016 of the internet? Outside of your imagination of course.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > As for cable, it has been regulated since the 60's, the FCC and local government control and regulate prices, and the name of your local franchising authority is actually listed on the bill. The FCC regulates all pricing for channels and *packages except for pay per channel, such as Showtime and HBO.* This was known as the "Cable Act", what is funny is the FIRST question on the FAQ for the FCC about the Cable Act is: "I thought that all cable rates would go down under the Cable Act. Why hasn't my

> > > > > > rate changed?"

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > That was actually the point of the post ( or at least how I took it)

> > > > >

> > > > > That's what people have been opposed to, paying for lane speed, which is one of the things net neutrality prevented. The other is ISP monopolies, but that is pretty much already a thing since we really have only 3 ISP giants in the US that control most of the infrastructure for the net.

> > > > >

> > > > > In that post you quoted and I guess took a different meaning to, they gave the example of paying extra to visit websites, steaming, or gaming applications, which is a very big possibility we will end up doing that when the NN ends.

> > > > > Same as you do for Pay per view channels like Showtime and HBO

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Companies currently offer packages that offer different speeds.

> > >

> > > This is true, this is very true.

> > >

> > > For example if I pay 60 a month for 100mbps I expect to get 100mbps ( which never ever happens) and go to websites at the same speed as my neighbor who also pays for the same.

> > > But what happens when you get fast lane packages?

> > > Me and my neighbor could both have the same speed, but because he/she ( for you PC folks) pays for fast lane, they are getting twice the response from webpages I am.

> > > Even though we have the same speed that we are paying for, I could be put in a lower priority and have throttled speeds. so my 100mbps ( that I never get in the first place) could go to 20, or 10. That is a possibility, and may even end up being a reality.

> > >

> > > People are right now locked into ISP's that for the most party are kitten, and we are giving them the key to be worse.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > You’re assuming that that happened and there wasn’t something already in place to prevent it prior to 2015.

>

> Why is this a magic year? You do understand that the would changed a lot in those 2 years as well as the isp? If any thing the web as become more of a utitly then it was back in 2012 (getting annoyed that all ppl are focused on is 2015). If any thing we need rules like neutrality if not stronger version to keep isp in relation to make sure ppl rights of free speech on the web are not infringe on.

>

> If any thing the tech of the isp is at the level that you can no longer "hid" your movements on the web like you could pre - 2015 (the saying your in love with). The web is very know what we are doing at all times even though they should not and now you want to give them the power to let them make ppl do what the isp wants on the web?

>

> This IS THE FREEDOM quest of our times do you let the gov. chose (ppl votes) or do you like the isp chose (ppl money). THAT is the only way you should question neutrality.

Because that’s when the change, that’s people are trying to revert, took effect.