Looking for build help - PvE Bow / Pet DPS

TheUndefined.1720

Hello!

I know with all the soulbeast fun this request is going to seem a little silly, but I'm looking for a build that keeps the pet out and uses mainly ranged weapons (at least 1 bow included). I really enjoy ranger because of the ranged aspect and having a buddy/pet to explore the story with. I don't mind which pet is used, but preferably a pet that can aid in taking out mobs quickly.

Here's what this build would be for: PvE, Story, Dungeons (possibly - minor focus)

Here's what I would like included with the build if possible: Pet (not merged), bow(s) or ranged weapon, effective DPS (doesn't have to be top tiered, but I would like to take PvE / Dungeon mobs down quickly if possible), one of the new specs if possible (not required, but I do have both HoT / PoF, so it would be nice to use those builds).

I apologize for having to come here with just requests, but nothing I've found so far has been all that effective in what I'm looking to play. If you have a fun ranged build with a pet buddy I would appreciate it being shared.

Thanks so much for your time! :D

So i think I've kind of frakenstein'd a something build LOL. It basically has near perma 20-25 stacks of might, near perma fury, and some other buffs occasionally (swiftness / regen). This build would be a power build.

I got this build from Poelala's post - https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/15034/poelalas-boonbow-build#latest

It's totally not streamlined, so if someone can take a look and tell me where to trim the fat, I'd appreciate it.

Here are the adjustments I made for PvE / DPS: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBjYD7kSFoVQskXwhXglXskHYOFvlXzLv9Wf7vLBgCwabEhB

* I completely took out Wilderness Survival, because my thinking is a I pull out more damage and might generation / maintenance with Marksmenship

* In nature magic, I switched a few skills out for more damage (looking for some help to keep bountiful hunter optimal)

* In soulbeast, same thing, just switched for more damage

* Took sic'em b/c I switch in and out of soulbeast for max might and the stomp ability

* Took vulture for another source to stack might

Just a few comments on skills - I tried switching out vulture stance for frost or stone spirit for protection, either way I found myself having issues with keeping up might.

So I don't have a solid rotation, just combos for when I need to rebuild / maintain might stacks, and that's sort of the problem. Since I'm using my skills more reactionary, my rotations aren't streamlined. Also, I'm not consistant with keeping up all of my buffs for the bountiful. Lastly, the might generation seems a bit overkill if I could nail a consistent rotation- Might generation from Marksmen at -75% mob health, vulture stance, call of the wild - then soulbeast / heal as one for doubling the buffs up. When I tried to take some of these out, I found myself relying on the call of the wild / heal as one for might generation alone. I think this route is fine if I can get a good rotation, but the problem is I'm having trouble with that - so the more combos I have seem to be the better.

Here's the pseudo rotation I run - Start off with Longbow: Sic'em > Vulture Stance > Auto-attack > Heal as one (or soulbeast (merge) ) > Rapid Fire > weap swap > Worldly Impact > Hunter's call > Unmerge > Call of the wild > Heal as one (or merge depending on what's available) > Wordly impact (unmerge) > Furious pounce > weap swap > Rapid Fire - REPEAT

So I don't hold steadfast to that rotation, I use what's available, but generally the might stack combos I use are; Vulture Stance + Heal as one / Soulbeast, Call of the wild + soulbeast / heal as one, Rapid fire + Heal as one / soulbeast.

Tips / tricks would be most appreciated!

I would go for a soulbeast build like this though if you wanted a power pet build

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAT8XnUqAd8ilsAWsActgl8AbJAUAWbMHsCWwL/9Wf7vlI93A

You don't need vulture stance, as strength of the pact + heal as one is a very quick and free 25 might, and then you have fury access via moa stance. Can take Quickening Zephyr then for self quickness and another stunbreak.

You can also go druid if you would like, and then you always keep the pet. Might be better in story and dungeons too, because then you can be more useful.

In which case you would take druid 2/2/1 and put in a glyph or two and easily share 25 might to everyone with a 4 + 2 in celestial.

Thanks so much! Yeah I was playing around with Moa, but once I got the might up, I never used moa b/c of call of the wild. I really don't like the long cooldown moves, b/c I never use them - saving them for that oh shoot moment that I usually find my way out of. I didn't even think about druid, b/c I thought every skill in that spec I saw was purely support / healing.

I haven't even tested druid / astral form. I'll go do that now :)

I'm also kind of liking this super weird switch in switch out method with soulbeast. I do find I have some downtime with longbow, I just hit skill 4 b/c I don't have anything else to do lol.

[EDIT] Yeah, really don't understand druid LOL. Looks really neat, but I didn't see where any might gain was at in the form (maybe there's another form? I'm sorry :( ). I'm also not digging the whole have to build up to use it. Soulbeast is so quick, but the idea of having the pet out the entire time is pretty neat. Thank you so much for the suggestions!

Druid might be better for those oh shoot moments. You can take Druidic Clarity and Celestial Shadow and break stun going into celestial, cast a 3/2/5/whatever, and when you exit you get 3s of superspeeded stealth. Though, with a pet and longbow, usually that isn't an issue. Should mow down mobs really. Bearbow is pretty powerful at that.

And since there is no punishment for using cooldowns, you should just be using them when theyre up and useful really. No use in waiting when using them in the first place could have avoided trouble all together. Quickening Zephyr is great for that because you can power out longbow 2+5 in two seconds and murder most open world PVE mobs.

Strength of the pact is more or less a free 25 might generator on a 75 second cooldown. The stab is nice, but it's mostly for the might. Damage is damage!

Per your edit, you get might via the Grace of the Land trait in the third row. Healing someone with an ability gives 4 stacks of might. Celestial Avatar 4 has 5 pulses (20 might) and Celestial Avatar 2 bloom is a heal (4 might), aka 24 might via pressing 4-2. With Verdant Etchings, using glyph places CA 2 on the floor, so thats another 4 might from glyph usage.

> @TheUndefined.1720 said:

> Hello!

>

> I know with all the soulbeast fun this request is going to seem a little silly, but I'm looking for a build that keeps the pet out and uses mainly ranged weapons (at least 1 bow included). I really enjoy ranger because of the ranged aspect and having a buddy/pet to explore the story with. I don't mind which pet is used, but preferably a pet that can aid in taking out mobs quickly.

>

> Here's what this build would be for: PvE, Story, Dungeons (possibly - minor focus)

>

> Here's what I would like included with the build if possible: Pet (not merged), bow(s) or ranged weapon, effective DPS (doesn't have to be top tiered, but I would like to take PvE / Dungeon mobs down quickly if possible), one of the new specs if possible (not required, but I do have both HoT / PoF, so it would be nice to use those builds).

>

> I apologize for having to come here with just requests, but nothing I've found so far has been all that effective in what I'm looking to play. If you have a fun ranged build with a pet buddy I would appreciate it being shared.

>

> Thanks so much for your time! :D

When I'm PvEing, I use this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATRnUqAtCiNsAmsActgl9A7JOcEeaL3uAQCIv9Ofzvncu0tC-jpQSgAglBA2fAA

IMHO, if you want to keep the pet out, you almost have to take the BM line, which buffs the pet. I usually stay out of SB mode (so the critter takes/keeps aggro) but pop in and out for the smoke assault/break bar cc's. Pets are up to you, but nothing beats smokescales cc+assault+dmg outside of SB. Also, i swap pets alot so I can plan the smokey's teleport with more accuracy. I like Jaca for the AoE, which if you camp bow you'll lack aoe.

One thing though: in MM line, you may want to swap remorseless with LtW if you camp bow. I prefer to mix it up though, and remorseless + sic'em +maul +hit bash + maul + WI destroys pve mobs/vets/etc groups very very quickly in pve. Jump in/out of SB to use smoke assault/cc, extra dmg in maul, etc.

@mulzi.8273

Thanks so much for the build link and tips! I definitely want to do some testing between a purely core pet ranger and the weird build that I've mangled together. Do you happen to have any links to a pet build with beast mastery?

[EDIT] http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAT8XnUqAtCilsAWsActgh8gaDgCYt9if5b+PES3pukvFG

After messing around with the traits, I think this build edges out as being more effective than the soulbeast build. I don't know how effective this build is longterm, but things die a little too quickly for me to see how the build works while waiting on cooldowns. So, might gain with axes and quickening zephyr. I definitely think I could utilize the little nature 'spirits,' but I don't really see how without just adding extra weight.