Is there a way to tell if someone's account has been deactivated?

Yuyuske.7182

I've been going through my guild roster, clearing the ranks of folks who haven't been online for more than a year, and I noticed something odd...

A number of folks - some of whom have been on as recently as 3 months ago - have **no** achievement points. And I know most of them have played enough content to have **some.** On further inspection I also notice that they have no profession or level; not even level 1. Is this an indication that they've deactivated their account or been banned or something along those lines?

And is there another way to determine if someone's account has been deactivated?

If someone hasn't logged on for a while, there are situations in which the "name server" doesn't update account information. Depending on things like server reboots, maintenance, specific types of patches, etc, it might end up that you can't see any current data. And that sometimes shows up as no data. In other words, you can't even tell if the person has logged on in "offline" status.

As others have said, there's no way to determine whether an account is suspended or banned; ANet doesn't like to release that information. (The only exceptions: when an account owner goes out of their way to misrepresent the circumstances.)

Accounts are never deactivated. Players come and go and some just go but ANET can't tell for sure if someone is actually gone. Some may have died but how will they know? There is no way to tell if they come back or not. I think perma-ban accounts should automagically be removed. I get occasional emails from WoW which I haven't touched in 5 years telling me my name was taken lol, so if I ever decide to log back in I will need a new name. in guild you can see how long ago someone logged in. Safe to say if it's been over a year they probably aren't coming back...except those select few who try new content.