Mirage Axe Ambush projectile bug after 11/28 patch.

Shadu.3701

> @Shadu.3701 said:

> The ones from clones are especially bugged where they initially don't even hit the target and then don't seek at all.

This is the key line for me - this change would not be intended, and could indicate a reason for losing so much dps.

Xyonon is one of the reddit posters and got 28k compared to 45k prepatch, so I would consider it worth listening to.

It may also be worth testing with dune cloak instead of infinite horizon. While this *shouldn't* increase dps, if clone ambushes just don't work this might confirm a specific problem

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried out a few test runs against the champion chak lobber because it's a large hitbox boss I had a previous video of showing DPS and completion time. DPS in that pre-patch video was 11.7k. The average DPS over 3 test runs post-patch is 7.3k - nearly a 38% decrease and conspicuously close to the raid benchmarks you've listed from Xyonon.

The funny thing is just like with Scourge, we'll get no changes for 4 months to compensate for the total demolition of the spec.

Guess we can't have a game where weaver and dragonhunter/firebrand aren't ruling the DPS meters despite their better burst, cleave, and in the case of guardian utility.

hmm just did few more testing. The axes don't seek and will just fly out if the mob is already in their paths when floating out (thus it only hits once). Funny thing is this means axe ambush has always been this useless in PvE like rest of the ambushes. They just didn't recognize how pathetic it is because of the bug.

Had other testing on other target with guildies and it seems like the problem comes from mirage, not the aerodrome golem.

Well back to tanking role or roll other dps. Fortunately I have several good selections :-1:

This bug fix has made a dramatic difference to my dps for the worse, some others are quoting a 30+% decrease. With the bug we felt on par with other dps specs , maybe just a little over, but certainly not 30% over. I agree with the above posters and almost ever other mesmer mirage mainer. It's just lost it's sparkle, playing tonight I just didn't have fun feeling like santa gave me coal for Christmas. Developers if you are listening to the mesmer community and not the other classes who like to cry nerf, please restore the sparkle to the DPS class. Or at the very minimum reverse the change and tone the dps down slightly. You broke the dps class as it is right now. Shame when I was just starting to enjoy playing.

> @Mitsuko.3162 said:

> This bug fix has made a dramatic difference to my dps for the worse, some others are quoting a 30+% decrease. With the bug we felt on par with other dps specs , maybe just a little over, but certainly not 30% over. I agree with the above posters and almost ever other mesmer mirage mainer. It's just lost it's sparkle, playing tonight I just didn't have fun feeling like santa gave me coal for Christmas. Developers if you are listening to the mesmer community and not the other classes who like to cry nerf, please restore the sparkle to the DPS class. Or at the very minimum reverse the change and tone the dps down slightly. You broke the dps class as it is right now. Shame when I was just starting to enjoy playing.

I said this is what happens when they put their hands on a DPS class. Just like scourge, they nuke it out of orbit.

> @AliamRationem.5172 said:

> > @SneakyTouchy.6043 said:

> > So is axe the same as scepter now?

> >

> > They really aughta buff that one trait that adds confusion to ambush after a shatter. Shatter play is really lacking in PvE.

>

> That might not work out too well, since it shares the same tier with mirage's clone generation skill. You could take deceptive evasion, but this would be a DPS loss both from losing Superiority Complex and because burning endurance to generate clones is inefficient (less damage per ambush than burning endurance with 3 clones) and adds risk. If damage needs to be restored to the spec (I haven't tested it out yet), then I would say making infinite horizon baseline would be a good start. Without that requirement, clone ambush builds could take Dune Cloak to gain some of that damage back.

>

> I'm going to test it out for myself and then form an opinion.

>

> Questions:

>

> What do we replace IH with?

>

> How strong should clone ambush be?

>

I did some tests

Axe/Torch - 26k dps

Typical setup

Scepter/Torch - 25k dps

Same setup as axe. It's interesting to note that the Ether Barrage skill in fact does twice as much condi damage directly and even more considering the higher chances of procing bleed. The clone stacks do half the duration, but the same number of stacks. It also appears that scepter 3 puts out slightly more than axe 3 when factoring in power damage and its crits that add bleed, despite it's higher cooldown. On the other hand, the clone auto attack does much less damage than the axe clone auto attack. Leaving them to do their own thing only drops dps by about 15%, where as for scepter, it drops by more than 60%. Spamming Ether Barrage is essential. I suspect that if I can nail down a good rotation, I might be able to meet or pass the now mutilated axe dps. Scepter also comes with a nice block that does pretty good damage itself.

Staff -24.5k dps.

Same setup as axe, however I was unable to use sigil of energy because I didn't have a 2nd staff to swap to. Maybee it's the same dps otherwise

Scepter/Torch + Staff - 26k dps.

A combination of the two didn't show any loss to me.

as always anet overnerf something that is fun. way over does things. the axe should seek and do 2nd hit bit not 3rd hit on large hit boxes. =\ now when the axes go out and if they hit something they wont seek target anymore...

they should balance this build to be around 35k dps mark... not.......... 25k.......... lost of like 20k dps.. arg stupid anet

> @squallaus.8321 said:

> as always anet overnerf something that is fun. way over does things. the axe should seek and do 2nd hit bit not 3rd hit on large hit boxes. =\ now when the axes go out and if they hit something they wont seek target anymore...

>

> they should balance this build to be around 35k dps mark... not.......... 25k.......... lost of like 20k dps.. arg stupid anet

In the thread they opened about this fix, they said that it was expected to put mirage at a "reasonable high DPS". I really doubt that they intentionally gutted our DPS so heavily. Its much more likely that they just didn't fully understand what the bug was, and hence nerfed the skill in such a way to not only fix the bug, but also nerf the damage from axe ambush by ~50% as explained by @"Xyonon.3987" in his comment here

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/288564/#Comment_288564

> @OriOri.8724 said:

> > @squallaus.8321 said:

> > as always anet overnerf something that is fun. way over does things. the axe should seek and do 2nd hit bit not 3rd hit on large hit boxes. =\ now when the axes go out and if they hit something they wont seek target anymore...

> >

> > they should balance this build to be around 35k dps mark... not.......... 25k.......... lost of like 20k dps.. arg stupid anet

>

> In the thread they opened about this fix, they said that it was expected to put mirage at a "reasonable high DPS". I really doubt that they intentionally gutted our DPS so heavily. Its much more likely that they just didn't fully understand what the bug was, and hence nerfed the skill in such a way to not only fix the bug, but also nerf the damage from axe ambush by ~50% as explained by @"Xyonon.3987" in his comment here

>

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/288564/#Comment_288564

You are being naive. They also said they didn't expect the Scourge nerfs to cause so much damage to the spec, and a month later the spec is still a dumpster fire in PvE.

Dagger/warhorn ele was also nerfed for no reason back then as it underperformed compared to staff, and yet it was never buffed back up to be competitive with saff builds.

This is how they operate.

> @squallaus.8321 said:

> Its quite frustrating actually to first see scourge gets nerfed into the ground and now mirage........ quite obviously mirage is "Heavy Support" spec too according to anet...

They think this? Really?

Because if they really want that for Mirage I'm throwing my Mesmer in a cave until maybe the next elite because this is stupid.

Has anyone confirmed if the golem is being buggy or if the previous bugfix (not the double hitting, but the illusionary axes hitting at all) was reverted? The damage loss seems far too hefty to be attributed to only losing the double hit. I have a feeling that the trait/base axes floating around just aren't behaving as they should right now.

> @Toeofdoom.6152 said:

> > @Shadu.3701 said:

> > The ones from clones are especially bugged where they initially don't even hit the target and then don't seek at all.

>

> This is the key line for me - this change would not be intended, and could indicate a reason for losing so much dps.

>

> Xyonon is one of the reddit posters and got 28k compared to 45k prepatch, so I would consider it worth listening to.

>

> It may also be worth testing with dune cloak instead of infinite horizon. While this *shouldn't* increase dps, if clone ambushes just don't work this might confirm a specific problem

I think its this. Dune cloak giving me more dps than infinite horizon atm. I get more 2k more with dune cloak.

> @AliamRationem.5172 said:

> > @FaboBabo.3581 said:

> > Nobody wants to talk about the guy who said 50k with power mesmer ??

>

> I don't think anyone believes that. I mean, there could always be a bug, but since nothing that would have drastically increased power mesmer DPS was supposed to have changed...

Thats Why i want to talk about it and i want a Proof from him.

If its a bug again it should be fixed , instead of ignoring it.

3 months after release and our new weapon is still incomplete.

Are you testing Things devs?

How can you not see that clones axes literally do nothing now?

Clone axes dont hit the target and dont seek

The target? Well played.

We are customers, not bug testers.

2 YEARS developement.

Released with bugs.

Fix bugs while producing more bugs.

Holy ... Incompetent ^9999.

Delete gw 2 , take 2 years Learning from other companies and try again with gw3...

> @Aylaine.1036 said:

> Has anyone confirmed if the golem is being buggy or if the previous bugfix (not the double hitting, but the illusionary axes hitting at all) was reverted? The damage loss seems far too hefty to be attributed to only losing the double hit. I have a feeling that the trait/base axes floating around just aren't behaving as they should right now.

I'm getting mixed reports. Was testing with guildies (I was running tank) and our mirage still do 1st if not 2nd top damage when going through wing 1. On the other hand was testing wing 5 boss and wasn't performing best, though could be because we're quite new to the boss so even buffs are wonky. Numbers are variable with wing bosses so would like to see other mirages' imput :/

> @FaboBabo.3581 said:

> > @Kobeathris.3645 said:

> > Something is totally bugged on the Golem, I just pulled 52,000 DPS with Power Mesmer on a Large Golem... I do not think that is right.

>

> Discuss/proof

Huge golem, practically everything hits twice, it's hilarious.

Edit to add both small and medium were normal, it was only the huge one, and I was rolling my eyes since this is what they just supposedly fixed on Mirage, only to make worse on core power, somehow.