More “paths” to legendary gear...

Swagger.1459

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

>

> The color itself is obviously a cosmetic. And like I've said a number of times before, the QoL is vastly overrated. The price tag is so high that it is impractical to make a legendary for any other reason than the cosmetics. You're not saving clicks, you're not saving gold, you're not saving inventory space. They're all just vanity items.

until one can freely swap the stats on their ascended gear for no cost or time or special tools needed, i'm afraid i'm going to have to disagree with you about it being purely cosmetic. is it expensive to get that convenience? absolutely yes it is. but legendary is not _merely_ a cosmetic.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"katz.8376" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> >

> > The color itself is obviously a cosmetic. And like I've said a number of times before, the QoL is vastly overrated. The price tag is so high that it is impractical to make a legendary for any other reason than the cosmetics. You're not saving clicks, you're not saving gold, you're not saving inventory space. They're all just vanity items.

>

> until one can freely swap the stats on their ascended gear for no cost or time or special tools needed, i'm afraid i'm going to have to disagree with you about it being purely cosmetic. is it expensive to get that convenience? absolutely yes it is. but legendary is not _merely_ a cosmetic.

The point is, the money you spending on crafting it are more than you'd ever spend on the "non-free" stat-swapping. Much, much more. You can even craft (and many people do) multiple ascended sets for all your needs, at a fraction of the price. Sure, there is built-in function, but its price makes it irrelevant. The vanity is the only real reason to bother with a legendary. Any "practical" argument just doesn't hold, because they are absolutely, utterly *impractical*.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"katz.8376" said:

> > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > >

> > > The color itself is obviously a cosmetic. And like I've said a number of times before, the QoL is vastly overrated. The price tag is so high that it is impractical to make a legendary for any other reason than the cosmetics. You're not saving clicks, you're not saving gold, you're not saving inventory space. They're all just vanity items.

> >

> > until one can freely swap the stats on their ascended gear for no cost or time or special tools needed, i'm afraid i'm going to have to disagree with you about it being purely cosmetic. is it expensive to get that convenience? absolutely yes it is. but legendary is not _merely_ a cosmetic.

>

> The point is, the money you spending on crafting it are more than you'd ever spend on the "non-free" stat-swapping. Much, much more. You can even craft (and many people do) multiple ascended sets for all your needs, at a fraction of the price. Sure, there is built-in function, but its price makes it irrelevant. The vanity is the only real reason to bother with a legendary. Any "practical" argument just doesn't hold, because they are absolutely, utterly *impractical*.

Irrelevant.. the fact remains they are not purely cosmetic.

So.. you're wrong.

Embrace your wrongness.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > That's just your perception, and it is biased. It's perfectly OK. Unique rewards for unique game modes. Nothing new. Works everywhere, across thousands of games.

> > >

> > > If it was just a cosmetic, like Dungeon Armor, we would agree.

> > >

> > > But it's not, so we Disagree.

> > >

> > > with that said, GW2 goal was to break the mold, so players that want this can go play any of those other "thousands of game", this game, GW2 was directly marketed as NOT being like the others.

> > >

> > > If you wanted to play a toned down WoW clone, you never should have come here.

> >

> > Ah, the overrated "function" again. That's why wvw and pvp armors were introduced, no? What exactly do you want, a legendary in every heart vendor?

> >

> > P.S. The functionality is so minor that's it's basically in the same category as the cosmetics. Actually the copper-fed is more of a QoL than the stat-swapping.

>

> I am getting a purple border, and the tier "legendary".. that's pretty kitten significant.

>

> And before you try to dismiss that.. we all know that if "Evony" armor was just an Ascended Skin, in the same way Dungeon Armor is just an Exotic Skin, we would not be having this discussion.

>

> It's legendary..it should have other paths.. Nuff said.

Nope, it shouldn't have more paths because it's legendary, it's the other way around. YOU should go after it and put effort into getting the item instead of "we deserves it cuz we r da consumer xdd".

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > That's just your perception, and it is biased. It's perfectly OK. Unique rewards for unique game modes. Nothing new. Works everywhere, across thousands of games.

> > > >

> > > > If it was just a cosmetic, like Dungeon Armor, we would agree.

> > > >

> > > > But it's not, so we Disagree.

> > > >

> > > > with that said, GW2 goal was to break the mold, so players that want this can go play any of those other "thousands of game", this game, GW2 was directly marketed as NOT being like the others.

> > > >

> > > > If you wanted to play a toned down WoW clone, you never should have come here.

> > >

> > > Ah, the overrated "function" again. That's why wvw and pvp armors were introduced, no? What exactly do you want, a legendary in every heart vendor?

> > >

> > > P.S. The functionality is so minor that's it's basically in the same category as the cosmetics. Actually the copper-fed is more of a QoL than the stat-swapping.

> >

> > I am getting a purple border, and the tier "legendary".. that's pretty kitten significant.

> >

> > And before you try to dismiss that.. we all know that if "Evony" armor was just an Ascended Skin, in the same way Dungeon Armor is just an Exotic Skin, we would not be having this discussion.

> >

> > It's legendary..it should have other paths.. Nuff said.

>

> Nope, it shouldn't have more paths because it's legendary, it's the other way around. YOU should go after it and put effort into getting the item, not the other way around.

We shall disagree. Legendary Armor is HoT exclusive, There should at the very least be a PvE, Core, and PoF method, just like with Legendary Weapons.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"katz.8376" said:

> > >

> > > The color itself is obviously a cosmetic. And like I've said a number of times before, the QoL is vastly overrated. The price tag is so high that it is impractical to make a legendary for any other reason than the cosmetics. You're not saving clicks, you're not saving gold, you're not saving inventory space. They're all just vanity items.

> >

> > until one can freely swap the stats on their ascended gear for no cost or time or special tools needed, i'm afraid i'm going to have to disagree with you about it being purely cosmetic. is it expensive to get that convenience? absolutely yes it is. but legendary is not _merely_ a cosmetic.

>

> The point is, the money you spending on crafting it are more than you'd ever spend on the "non-free" stat-swapping. Much, much more. You can even craft (and many people do) multiple ascended sets for all your needs, at a fraction of the price. Sure, there is built-in function, but its price makes it irrelevant. The vanity is the only real reason to bother with a legendary. Any "practical" argument just doesn't hold, because they are absolutely, utterly *impractical*.

so? just because it's "impractically" expensive doesn't mean it isn't different and not "merely cosmetic". feel free to keep driving your WV because it's cheaper... i want the porsche!

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > @"katz.8376" said:

> > > >

> > > > The color itself is obviously a cosmetic. And like I've said a number of times before, the QoL is vastly overrated. The price tag is so high that it is impractical to make a legendary for any other reason than the cosmetics. You're not saving clicks, you're not saving gold, you're not saving inventory space. They're all just vanity items.

> > >

> > > until one can freely swap the stats on their ascended gear for no cost or time or special tools needed, i'm afraid i'm going to have to disagree with you about it being purely cosmetic. is it expensive to get that convenience? absolutely yes it is. but legendary is not _merely_ a cosmetic.

> >

> > The point is, the money you spending on crafting it are more than you'd ever spend on the "non-free" stat-swapping. Much, much more. You can even craft (and many people do) multiple ascended sets for all your needs, at a fraction of the price. Sure, there is built-in function, but its price makes it irrelevant. The vanity is the only real reason to bother with a legendary. Any "practical" argument just doesn't hold, because they are absolutely, utterly *impractical*.

>

> Irrelevant.. the fact remains they are not purely cosmetic.

>

> So.. you're wrong.

>

> Embrace your wrongness.

Of course it's irrelevant when it doesn't suit you. :lol:

> @"katz.8376" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > @"katz.8376" said:

> > > >

> > > > The color itself is obviously a cosmetic. And like I've said a number of times before, the QoL is vastly overrated. The price tag is so high that it is impractical to make a legendary for any other reason than the cosmetics. You're not saving clicks, you're not saving gold, you're not saving inventory space. They're all just vanity items.

> > >

> > > until one can freely swap the stats on their ascended gear for no cost or time or special tools needed, i'm afraid i'm going to have to disagree with you about it being purely cosmetic. is it expensive to get that convenience? absolutely yes it is. but legendary is not _merely_ a cosmetic.

> >

> > The point is, the money you spending on crafting it are more than you'd ever spend on the "non-free" stat-swapping. Much, much more. You can even craft (and many people do) multiple ascended sets for all your needs, at a fraction of the price. Sure, there is built-in function, but its price makes it irrelevant. The vanity is the only real reason to bother with a legendary. Any "practical" argument just doesn't hold, because they are absolutely, utterly *impractical*.

>

> so? just because it's "impractically" expensive doesn't mean it isn't different and not "merely cosmetic". feel free to keep driving your WV because it's cheaper... i want the porsche!

The metaphor isn't accurate. You can't achieve the same effect by having multiple Volkswagens but you can do it with multiple ascended weapons. Also, it *IS* different, but all the practical arguments still doesn't hold. You're paying extra, you receive something different that is in no way better than what you could otherwise get. Except for its vanity side. This *DOES* differ. So you're paying the extra for the vanity, pure and simple. Everyone is free to disagree with me, of course, but I think they're just deceiving themselves.

Also I drive a BMW, not VW. :tongue:

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> The color itself is obviously a cosmetic. And like I've said a number of times before, the QoL is vastly overrated.

To you, perhaps. For other it may be more useful than you think. Regardless it is a QoL improvement that is more than just a cosmetic difference, so you _were_ objectively wrong in your previous claim.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> You're paying extra, you receive something different that is in no way better than what you could otherwise get.

Yes, it _is_ expensive, but i happen to value my inventory space a lot more than you do, apparently. I can never have enough of it, so anything that helps me in that regard is valuable - be it 32 slot bags, or not having to lug several armor sets.

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > That's just your perception, and it is biased. It's perfectly OK. Unique rewards for unique game modes. Nothing new. Works everywhere, across thousands of games.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If it was just a cosmetic, like Dungeon Armor, we would agree.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But it's not, so we Disagree.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > with that said, GW2 goal was to break the mold, so players that want this can go play any of those other "thousands of game", this game, GW2 was directly marketed as NOT being like the others.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If you wanted to play a toned down WoW clone, you never should have come here.

> > > > >

> > > > > Ah, the overrated "function" again. That's why wvw and pvp armors were introduced, no? What exactly do you want, a legendary in every heart vendor?

> > > > >

> > > > > P.S. The functionality is so minor that's it's basically in the same category as the cosmetics. Actually the copper-fed is more of a QoL than the stat-swapping.

> > > >

> > > > I am getting a purple border, and the tier "legendary".. that's pretty kitten significant.

> > > >

> > > > And before you try to dismiss that.. we all know that if "Evony" armor was just an Ascended Skin, in the same way Dungeon Armor is just an Exotic Skin, we would not be having this discussion.

> > > >

> > > > It's legendary..it should have other paths.. Nuff said.

> > >

> > > Nope, it shouldn't have more paths because it's legendary, it's the other way around. YOU should go after it and put effort into getting the item, not the other way around.

> >

> > We shall disagree. Legendary Armor is HoT exclusive, There should at the very least be a PvE, Core, and PoF method, just like with Legendary Weapons.

>

> Nope. People should stop crying in the forums and actually play the game. No leggy for lazy people.

Why that's real mature.. maybe they should sell Legendary Armor in the store instead. That way, I don't need to play the game, but still give you a game to work on.. know. because.. games are work and a means of pride to you, and all that.

But Pride and Work in a game does not keep the servers up and running.

And since it's just cosmetic.. meh.. why should you care.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > That's just your perception, and it is biased. It's perfectly OK. Unique rewards for unique game modes. Nothing new. Works everywhere, across thousands of games.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If it was just a cosmetic, like Dungeon Armor, we would agree.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But it's not, so we Disagree.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > with that said, GW2 goal was to break the mold, so players that want this can go play any of those other "thousands of game", this game, GW2 was directly marketed as NOT being like the others.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If you wanted to play a toned down WoW clone, you never should have come here.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ah, the overrated "function" again. That's why wvw and pvp armors were introduced, no? What exactly do you want, a legendary in every heart vendor?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > P.S. The functionality is so minor that's it's basically in the same category as the cosmetics. Actually the copper-fed is more of a QoL than the stat-swapping.

> > > > >

> > > > > I am getting a purple border, and the tier "legendary".. that's pretty kitten significant.

> > > > >

> > > > > And before you try to dismiss that.. we all know that if "Evony" armor was just an Ascended Skin, in the same way Dungeon Armor is just an Exotic Skin, we would not be having this discussion.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's legendary..it should have other paths.. Nuff said.

> > > >

> > > > Nope, it shouldn't have more paths because it's legendary, it's the other way around. YOU should go after it and put effort into getting the item, not the other way around.

> > >

> > > We shall disagree. Legendary Armor is HoT exclusive, There should at the very least be a PvE, Core, and PoF method, just like with Legendary Weapons.

> >

> > Nope. People should stop crying in the forums and actually play the game. No leggy for lazy people.

>

> Why that's real mature.. maybe they should sell Legendary Armor in the store instead. That way, I don't need to play the game, but still give you a game to work on.. know. because.. games are work and a means of pride to you, and all that.

>

> But Pride and Work in a game does not keep the servers up and running.

>

> And since it's just cosmetic.. meh.. why should you care.

Oversimplification.

Games need "artificial scarcity" in order to prolong the interest of the gamers in their content. Because it is physically not possible (not to mention extremely expensive) to produce content at the rate of which the players exhaust it. No, it's not work. It's still fun. But it does take effort, it NEEDS to take effort. Because otherwise it just gets boring REALLY fast. You're looking at some ideal, non-existent and not possible game, in which fun is an inherent property, given to you by the simple existence of the game. It is not how games work at all.

To repeat myself: The problem aren't raids themselves, the problem is accessibility and that's mostly a community-problem and a balancing-problem:

* The LFG isn't a viable solution for the first problem. On one hand, this game needs to be more inconvenient in not being able to post your LI/KPs to other people so you actually have to communicate (I don't believe that many people would actually have you post your API-key since that would mean you have to use TS/Discord). On the other hand, the game also needs to be more convenient in that the game desperately needs a decent guild-browser, which will also help with the upcoming WvW-restructuring. Even if those "adjustments" won't entirely solve the problem, it will probably help a lot.

* The second problem is probably harder to solve. Chrono and Druid definitely need to get toned down and other support-specs have to be made viable to break the Chrono/Druid-domination. Some aspects of these classes are broken anyway. Another solution would probably be to simply nerf buffs in general since they are too strong. They at least shouldn't double your dps - the buff-spam in this game is ridiculous.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > That's just your perception, and it is biased. It's perfectly OK. Unique rewards for unique game modes. Nothing new. Works everywhere, across thousands of games.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If it was just a cosmetic, like Dungeon Armor, we would agree.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > But it's not, so we Disagree.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > with that said, GW2 goal was to break the mold, so players that want this can go play any of those other "thousands of game", this game, GW2 was directly marketed as NOT being like the others.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If you wanted to play a toned down WoW clone, you never should have come here.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Ah, the overrated "function" again. That's why wvw and pvp armors were introduced, no? What exactly do you want, a legendary in every heart vendor?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > P.S. The functionality is so minor that's it's basically in the same category as the cosmetics. Actually the copper-fed is more of a QoL than the stat-swapping.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I am getting a purple border, and the tier "legendary".. that's pretty kitten significant.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And before you try to dismiss that.. we all know that if "Evony" armor was just an Ascended Skin, in the same way Dungeon Armor is just an Exotic Skin, we would not be having this discussion.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's legendary..it should have other paths.. Nuff said.

> > > > >

> > > > > Nope, it shouldn't have more paths because it's legendary, it's the other way around. YOU should go after it and put effort into getting the item, not the other way around.

> > > >

> > > > We shall disagree. Legendary Armor is HoT exclusive, There should at the very least be a PvE, Core, and PoF method, just like with Legendary Weapons.

> > >

> > > Nope. People should stop crying in the forums and actually play the game. No leggy for lazy people.

> >

> > Why that's real mature.. maybe they should sell Legendary Armor in the store instead. That way, I don't need to play the game, but still give you a game to work on.. know. because.. games are work and a means of pride to you, and all that.

> >

> > But Pride and Work in a game does not keep the servers up and running.

> >

> > And since it's just cosmetic.. meh.. why should you care.

>

> Oversimplification.

>

> Games need "artificial scarcity" in order to prolong the interest of the gamers in their content. Because it is physically not possible (not to mention extremely expensive) to produce content at the rate of which the players exhaust it. No, it's not work. It's still fun. But it does take effort, it NEEDS to take effort. Because otherwise it just gets boring REALLY fast. You're looking at some ideal, non-existent and not possible game, in which fun is an inherent property, given to you by the simple existence of the game. It is not how games work at all.

Nahh.. they don't need to. Truth is, there are some players that will burn though content faster then others, and there is nothing wrong with telling those players to fund things to occupy their time, or move on to another game. Much in the same way you feel that is fully justified to tell players to deal and do without.. there is no reason why your demographic can't be told the same. Your group is not special.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > That's just your perception, and it is biased. It's perfectly OK. Unique rewards for unique game modes. Nothing new. Works everywhere, across thousands of games.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If it was just a cosmetic, like Dungeon Armor, we would agree.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But it's not, so we Disagree.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > with that said, GW2 goal was to break the mold, so players that want this can go play any of those other "thousands of game", this game, GW2 was directly marketed as NOT being like the others.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If you wanted to play a toned down WoW clone, you never should have come here.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ah, the overrated "function" again. That's why wvw and pvp armors were introduced, no? What exactly do you want, a legendary in every heart vendor?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > P.S. The functionality is so minor that's it's basically in the same category as the cosmetics. Actually the copper-fed is more of a QoL than the stat-swapping.

> > > > >

> > > > > I am getting a purple border, and the tier "legendary".. that's pretty kitten significant.

> > > > >

> > > > > And before you try to dismiss that.. we all know that if "Evony" armor was just an Ascended Skin, in the same way Dungeon Armor is just an Exotic Skin, we would not be having this discussion.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's legendary..it should have other paths.. Nuff said.

> > > >

> > > > Nope, it shouldn't have more paths because it's legendary, it's the other way around. YOU should go after it and put effort into getting the item, not the other way around.

> > >

> > > We shall disagree. Legendary Armor is HoT exclusive, There should at the very least be a PvE, Core, and PoF method, just like with Legendary Weapons.

> >

> > Nope. People should stop crying in the forums and actually play the game. No leggy for lazy people.

>

> Why that's real mature.. maybe they should sell Legendary Armor in the store instead. That way, I don't need to play the game, but still give you a game to work on.. know. because.. games are work and a means of pride to you, and all that.

> But Pride and Work in a game does not keep the servers up and running.

> And since it's just cosmetic.. meh.. why should you care.

Oh? So you're saying you are funding the game for me or something? That's funny, last time i checked i had to buy the expansion and gems with my own money. I hope i'm just not getting what you meant there. I'm just trying to make the game stay the way i like it, my bad if prioritizing my fun instead of yours is "immature".

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > That's just your perception, and it is biased. It's perfectly OK. Unique rewards for unique game modes. Nothing new. Works everywhere, across thousands of games.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > with that said, GW2 goal was to break the mold, so players that want this can go play any of those other "thousands of game", this game, GW2 was directly marketed as NOT being like the others.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If you wanted to play a toned down WoW clone, you never should have come here.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Ah, the overrated "function" again. That's why wvw and pvp armors were introduced, no? What exactly do you want, a legendary in every heart vendor?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > P.S. The functionality is so minor that's it's basically in the same category as the cosmetics. Actually the copper-fed is more of a QoL than the stat-swapping.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I am getting a purple border, and the tier "legendary".. that's pretty kitten significant.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And before you try to dismiss that.. we all know that if "Evony" armor was just an Ascended Skin, in the same way Dungeon Armor is just an Exotic Skin, we would not be having this discussion.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Nope, it shouldn't have more paths because it's legendary, it's the other way around. YOU should go after it and put effort into getting the item, not the other way around.

> > > >

> > > > We shall disagree. Legendary Armor is HoT exclusive, There should at the very least be a PvE, Core, and PoF method, just like with Legendary Weapons.

> > >

> > > Nope. People should stop crying in the forums and actually play the game. No leggy for lazy people.

> >

> > Why that's real mature.. maybe they should sell Legendary Armor in the store instead. That way, I don't need to play the game, but still give you a game to work on.. know. because.. games are work and a means of pride to you, and all that.

> >

> >

>

> Oversimplification.

>

> Games need "artificial scarcity" in order to prolong the interest of the gamers in their content. Because it is physically not possible (not to mention extremely expensive) to produce content at the rate of which the players exhaust it. No, it's not work. It's still fun. But it does take effort, it NEEDS to take effort. Because otherwise it just gets boring REALLY fast. You're looking at some ideal, non-existent and not possible game, in which fun is an inherent property, given to you by the simple existence of the game. It is not how games work at all.

They don't get it, @"Feanor.2358" . People that are asking for those changes probably didn't play any other MMOs, they probably never had that feeling of getting something they want after putting fun-effort into it. Maybe that's not the case with STIHL, but i bet we would have all legendaries, infusions and other items sold for karma if people could choose what to change in the game.

I really miss playing Ragnarok Online and grouping up with other people to kill MVPs or strong monsters to get loot from them. I wish we had something like that instead of those dumb metas where all i have to do is press 1 and F all day to get loot.

**Not trying to be mean, btw. That's not my intention at all.**

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

> Oh? So you're saying you are funding the game for me or something? That's funny, last time i checked i had to buy the expansion and gems with my own money. I hope i'm just not getting what you meant there. I'm just trying to make the game stay the way i like it, my bad if prioritizing my fun instead of yours is "immature".

It is.. because your fun comes at the expense of mine.. hope you picked up the tab for me.. but given that PoF was a casuals cake walk.. Gonna bet No.

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> they probably never had that feeling of getting something they want after putting fun-effort into it ... i bet we would have ... **infusions** and other items sold for karma if people could choose what to change in the game

Putting your effort into it in order to progress towards a goal is one thing but there is no sense of progression when it comes to OW PvE infusions, it's pure RNG (and the worst kind at that). Stuff like Chak Egg Sac and Vial of Liquid Aurillium should be sold by an NPC vendor for [insert suficiently high amount of one or more map currencies here] + X. "People just being to lazy to farm" is not an argument here.

> @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Oversimplification.

>

They don't get it, @"Feanor.2358" . People that are asking for those changes probably didn't play any other MMOs, they probably never had that feeling of getting something they want after putting fun-effort into it. Maybe that's not the case with STIHL, but i bet we would have all legendaries, infusions and other items sold for karma if people could choose what to change in the game.

I really miss playing Ragnarok Online and grouping up with other people to hunt bosses or groups of strong monsters to get loot from them. I wish we had something like that instead of those dumb metas and world bosses where all i have to do is press 1 and F all day to get loot. I understand that people just wanna do that and relax because they somehow see the game as another job if they're not standing still in LA, but i don't think the game should be built around those people, that's what makes my friends not want to play it because PvE is too easy outside of raids and fractals.

>! **Not trying to be mean, btw. That's not my intention at all.**

> @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > @"Alehin.3746" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Feanor.2358" said:

> > > > > > > > > > That's just your perception, and it is biased. It's perfectly OK. Unique rewards for unique game modes. Nothing new. Works everywhere, across thousands of games.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If it was just a cosmetic, like Dungeon Armor, we would agree.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > But it's not, so we Disagree.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > with that said, GW2 goal was to break the mold, so players that want this can go play any of those other "thousands of game", this game, GW2 was directly marketed as NOT being like the others.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If you wanted to play a toned down WoW clone, you never should have come here.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Ah, the overrated "function" again. That's why wvw and pvp armors were introduced, no? What exactly do you want, a legendary in every heart vendor?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > P.S. The functionality is so minor that's it's basically in the same category as the cosmetics. Actually the copper-fed is more of a QoL than the stat-swapping.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I am getting a purple border, and the tier "legendary".. that's pretty kitten significant.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And before you try to dismiss that.. we all know that if "Evony" armor was just an Ascended Skin, in the same way Dungeon Armor is just an Exotic Skin, we would not be having this discussion.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It's legendary..it should have other paths.. Nuff said.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Nope, it shouldn't have more paths because it's legendary, it's the other way around. YOU should go after it and put effort into getting the item, not the other way around.

> > > > >

> > > > > We shall disagree. Legendary Armor is HoT exclusive, There should at the very least be a PvE, Core, and PoF method, just like with Legendary Weapons.

> > > >

> > > > Nope. People should stop crying in the forums and actually play the game. No leggy for lazy people.

> > >

> > > Why that's real mature.. maybe they should sell Legendary Armor in the store instead. That way, I don't need to play the game, but still give you a game to work on.. know. because.. games are work and a means of pride to you, and all that.

> > >

> > > But Pride and Work in a game does not keep the servers up and running.

> > >

> > > And since it's just cosmetic.. meh.. why should you care.

> >

> > Oversimplification.

> >

> > Games need "artificial scarcity" in order to prolong the interest of the gamers in their content. Because it is physically not possible (not to mention extremely expensive) to produce content at the rate of which the players exhaust it. No, it's not work. It's still fun. But it does take effort, it NEEDS to take effort. Because otherwise it just gets boring REALLY fast. You're looking at some ideal, non-existent and not possible game, in which fun is an inherent property, given to you by the simple existence of the game. It is not how games work at all.

>

> They don't get it, @"Feanor.2358" . People that are asking for those changes probably didn't play any other MMOs, they probably never had that feeling of getting something they want after putting fun-effort into it. Maybe that's not the case with STIHL, but i bet we would have all legendaries, infusions and other items sold for karma if people could choose what to change in the game.

>

> I really miss playing Ragnarok Online and grouping up with other people to kill MVPs or strong monsters to get loot from them. I wish we had something like that instead of those dumb metas where all i have to do is press 1 and F all day to get loot.

>

> **Not trying to be mean, btw. That's not my intention at all.**

I don't miss 1% drop rates of rare named loot from raids in many of the other MMO's I played, but if you do, this was never the game for you, not being rude here, but it was from it's inception not to be the game for you at all, it was marketed as the game for "everyone else" the non-power gamer, the non-raider, the casual, the RPer, the person that just wanted an escape game that did not suck up their entire life.

You apparently want a hard core game that can provide your elite skill level and give you a sense of being better then the unwashed masses, the filthy casuals, and the _'bads'_ , and.. GW2 was never intended to fill that void for you, as such, what you want, was never what this game was designed to provide, which is why, when they put it in.. it was such a convoluted revamp of the classes and even the content itself is disjointed from the rest of the game, in short, raids don't belong here, and I am not being rude.. but.. neither do the people that wanted raids.

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > in short, raids don't belong here, and I am not being rude.. but.. neither do the people that wanted raids.

>

> If this were true, Anet wouldn't have added them .

> Your statement and it's reverse elitism is as toxic as it gets without queuing for ranked PvP.

>

>

LOL, this game has a lot of failed Ideas in it, like Dungeons and Guild Missions for example. Just because they put them in, does not mean they belonged, nor does it mean they were a good addition to the game.

> @"STIHL.2489" said:

> > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > > in short, raids don't belong here, and I am not being rude.. but.. neither do the people that wanted raids.

> >

> > If this were true, Anet wouldn't have added them .

> > Your statement and it's reverse elitism is as toxic as it gets without queuing for ranked PvP.

> >

> >

>

> LOL, this game has a lot of failed Ideas in it, like Dungeons and Guild Missions for example. Just because they put them in, does not mean they belonged, nor does it mean they were a good addition to the game.

Then by your own logic the people who enjoy Guild Missions don't belong here either.

> @"Doctor.1384" said:

> I dont see why we cant have unique skins and effects for legendary wvw/pvp armor and trinkets

I got the impression that they think all Legendary Armor needs to be animated like the Envoy Armor. I think most people would be happy just having cool skins without animation.